Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Widow (November 6, 2020)

But why are you so quick to burn down the theatrical experience that has been around for 100 years just because of a one year shut down.

I have forgotten all of my miserable experiences in a theater but I clearly remember the pure joy of having experienced the OT, STM, Raiders, Aliens, Predator, RW, Conan, Die Hard, First Blood, Rocky, Airplane, T1, T2, Batman 89, JP, Saving PR, TDK, LOTR, MCU just to name a few out of the hundreds of masterpieces I have enjoyed with an energized crowd.

While I have personally reduced my own theatrical going experience I also don’t think future kids shouldn’t have those same experiences I had while growing up just because streaming services now exist

Thank the maker I didn’t experience 77 SW on TV first

So now that the vaccine is out plus my family is now temporarily immune for at least another 12 months I will gladly go watch BW in a theater

WW84 hell no lol

It's 12 months?? I thought it was unclear or shorter or something. My girlfriend recovered after just over 2 weeks. I tested negative (8 days after exposure) and either indeed never had it or had the mildest case of all time.

I hear a lot of people complaining about theatres but I've had mostly great experiences myself. I especially like the VIP style -- I watched Endgame in a nice reclining seat being served Old-Fashioneds!

I agree that Disney have the cash to delay the release, but I can't see cinemas as being the future unfortunately. Companies seem surprised when films do badly, but in a pandemic what do they expect? I feel the money is in streaming services, yes cinemas can charge more but people won't want to go as much. I don't see that as right or wrong, it's just the business of making money

It's 12 months?? I thought it was unclear or shorter or something. My girlfriend recovered after just over 2 weeks. I tested negative (8 days after exposure) and either indeed never had it or had the mildest case of all time.

I hear a lot of people complaining about theatres but I've had mostly great experiences myself. I especially like the VIP style -- I watched Endgame in a nice reclining seat being served Old-Fashioneds!

Yeah i’m not entirely certain how long immunity will last with the vaccine or with your own antibodies post covid I just threw 12 months out there as a guesstimate my luck i’ll probably be immune for 30 days lol

This has been pushed back to a simultaneous theatrical/Disney+ Premier Access release on July 9th. Shang-Chi has been moved to September 3rd. With Eternals (November) and Spider-Man (December) still set for release, that's four MCU films in just over 5 months. For now. And a few Disney+ shows sprinkled in there.
Sign me up!

July now huh, D+ option ..I’ll think I’ll take the option

So who here is taking the $30 Disney+ option?

I will for sure. With my two sons plus myself, it's about as much as going to the theater. I've got a swell media room that I enjoy more than going to the theater. I wouldn't take the $30 option for a lot of movies, but Marvel and Star Wars qualify.

It'll be very tempting to just watch this one at home but as of now I think I'll do my part to prevent theaters from going out forever (not that me and my kids are going to prevent that but still.)

Yeah I will definitely be there in the theater especially July it will be fine

I will never never never forget my avengers, infinity war, endgame theatrical experiences never!

Never lol

To be honest, it will be both for me. Before the dark times, I'd see these movies multiple times in the theater. I'll definitely be there opening night in July, but then I'll probably pay the $30 to watch it multiple times at home.

And then I'll buy the 4K Steelbook when it comes out.
Yeah ... I'm hopeless.

It'll be very tempting to just watch this one at home but as of now I think I'll do my part to prevent theaters from going out forever (not that me and my kids are going to prevent that but still.)

You are not alone sir.

Returning to theater next Friday for GvsK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I will be watching Godzilla Vs Kong in theaters, Black Widow, and The newest Bond Movie in theaters this year. Some movies have to be seen on the big screen. No matter how sweet the home set up I have to see some at the theater.

Which brings up a great point and how I explained it to my wife was this way.

If i’m going to pay the $30 anyways to watch it at home then I might as well just pay the same $30 and watch it on a giant dolby screen you know what I mean.

OK ok fine maybe the theatrical experience will be a little bit more expensive than $30 but whatever semantics lol

You get my point

Last edited:
So who here is taking the $30 Disney+ option?

I will and happy about it. Sux I won't be kicked back at an Alamo drafthouse with the usual smorgasbord in front of me, but I'll settle for not worrying about some variant and/or being one of the 5% that gets it vaccinated or not.

Back