Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will and happy about it. Sux I won't be kicked back at an Alamo drafthouse with the usual smorgasbord in front of me, but I'll settle for not worrying about some variant and/or being one of the 5% that gets it vaccinated or not.

I will be spending the $30 to watch it at home. Nothing to do with the pandemic. The theater experience got bad years ago when people stopped being socially conscious of others. Too much talking, phone peeking, etc. Plus, I love pausing the movie to go to the bathroom :)

I will be spending the $30 to watch it at home. Nothing to do with the pandemic. The theater experience got bad years ago when people stopped being socially conscious of others. Too much talking, phone peeking, etc. Plus, I love pausing the movie to go to the bathroom :)

Totally correct. I like IMMERSION in my film experience, not tolerating others. The Revenant, old dude had to give his opinions to his wife during the movie and I shut him down. But experience ruined. Cap: TWS, two women behind me talking and during Fury death scene, ACTUALLY LAUGHED. Went to see it again to try to throughly enjoy it, someone brought a crying child. I walked out and got my money back. Another movie, some girl stayed from previous movie I guess, checked her phone a few times, then left after 10/15 minutes. Always people getting up and moving around. Some hippie at GOTG Vol. 2 had the worst laugh of all time and was right next to me. Don't get me started on candy plastic bags. I have had to even cut off going to the theater with my dad, who likes to ask questions and rummages through his popcorn tub. If I had the option to pay more to see it at home, ya buddy I'll be paying that.

Totally correct. I like IMMERSION in my film experience, not tolerating others. The Revenant, old dude had to give his opinions to his wife during the movie and I shut him down. But experience ruined. Cap: TWS, two women behind me talking and during Fury death scene, ACTUALLY LAUGHED. Went to see it again to try to throughly enjoy it, someone brought a crying child. I walked out and got my money back. Another movie, some girl stayed from previous movie I guess, checked her phone a few times, then left after 10/15 minutes. Always people getting up and moving around. Some hippie at GOTG Vol. 2 had the worst laugh of all time and was right next to me. Don't get me started on candy plastic bags. I have had to even cut off going to the theater with my dad, who likes to ask questions and rummages through his popcorn tub. If I had the option to pay more to see it at home, ya buddy I'll be paying that.

I get it. Found out fast enough best time to see Marvel movies is opening night, with other fans. Past the first day it all goes to *&^%.

But Alamo Drafthouse gives one warning and then will boot u out. Hope to see Dune there, anyway. I don't go all the time; just for the blockbusters.

I get it. Found out fast enough best time to see Marvel movies is opening night, with other fans. Past the first day it all goes to *&^%.

But Alamo Drafthouse gives one warning and then will boot u out. Hope to see Dune there, anyway. I don't go all the time; just for the blockbusters.

Agreed. TWS viewings I went during the day. Opening night is always best. GOTG1 was probably my favorite viewing on opening night. The Alamo in downtown KC just shut down. People loved it, but Covid and politicians took it out. Great place and opening nights were sold out in minutes.

At our age you already knew that was the case! :)

Sad but true!

The difference between this movie and the Snyder Cut is you actually need to hit pause before you go. With that one you just have time it to coincide with one of his countless slo-mo scenes. You could go drop a deuce & return without missing anything lol...

Agreed. TWS viewings I went during the day. Opening night is always best. GOTG1 was probably my favorite viewing on opening night. The Alamo in downtown KC just shut down. People loved it, but Covid and politicians took it out. Great place and opening nights were sold out in minutes.

Bummer. Don't know what will be still standing in 2022 - tho supposedly the economy will bounce back as folks want their old lives back.

Meanwhile Disney is planning a 10$ increase to its yearly fee...but TBH if they can keep the quality up like FWS I can deal.

Yeah, theaters are trash now unless I luck out with an almost empty showing. Every single time I've gone to see a movie recently there's someone in front of me scrolling through facebook with their phone on full brightness. Why even go to the theater and pay $30+ if you aren't going to watch the movie? I just invested in a decent home theater setup after saving for a while. Worth every penny to not have to deal with that ****.

That said, I'll still make the trek for IMAX or Dolby if the movie is a true spectacle. I can't wait for Godzilla vs. Kong.

Black Widow is going to release, about time! :lol

Yeah, I was hyped at the first trailers - wasn't the movie I wanted, which would've been a prequel including getting shot by Bucky and showing how Hawkeye "made a different call" - and I'd have rather have seen Nat tracking down Cap and Falcon.

Why would she go all the way back to Russia and then turn around and hook up with Cap? - that's a lot of travel.

But whatever, I'll watch; but the release has dragged on for so long it's like an afterthought.

Yeah, I was hyped at the first trailers - wasn't the movie I wanted, which would've been a prequel including getting shot by Bucky and showing how Hawkeye "made a different call" - and I'd have rather have seen Nat tracking down Cap and Falcon.

Why would she go all the way back to Russia and then turn around and hook up with Cap? - that's a lot of travel.

But whatever, I'll watch; but the release has dragged on for so long it's like an afterthought.

Agreed!

Though, still bummed BW is gone; I wanted to see Bucky-Nat, or heck maybe even Daredevil and BW, but alas :monkey2

I still can't get excited about this movie... the action looks good, Natasha's story should be interesting... I wonder if it is MCU-fatigue or what. Or maybe that Jennifer Lawrence movie about Russian super-spies stole this one's thunder.

giphy.gif

This might be the oddest choice of all of the Marvel movies. You have a dead character in a prequel movie that should've been before Infinity War.

Back