Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Widow (November 6, 2020)

This time break has solidified the Infinity Saga entry into what I consider to be the super exclusive club of cinematic events that had seismic cultural impact or significance.

They are:

1. JAWS establishing the summer movie season with a wide release strategy.

2. Star Wars can?t even be quantified nuff said

3. MCU connected universe

Notice no LOTR.

It might have been filmed back to back but that method would never be repeated or replicated so it really had little to no cultural or social impact.

I?m wondering if Cameron being first to break 1B and 2B setting the tone for current market should be on that list.

No on Cameron. If you start adding significance to box office numbers, then you need to go:
First to 100M
200M
300M
400M
500M

You see the dilemma.

Then its: first to 2B in 3D format.... versus, first to 2B in non-3D... etc

I might add Batman '89 (after Jaws and Star Wars) as the first film to merchandise the **** out of a movie a full year before release. 'member Batman caps? Only after Batman did merchandising BEFORE release become a big thing (although its hard to do with anything other than comic book movies -- but they tried -- 'memba Richard Tracy? -- this site won't let me say ****).

It?ll be a girl so most likely one of the marvel women. Not captain marvel cause rogue will put her in a coma

No on Cameron. If you start adding significance to box office numbers, then you need to go:
First to 100M
200M
300M
400M
500M

You see the dilemma.

Then its: first to 2B in 3D format.... versus, first to 2B in non-3D... etc

I might add Batman '89 (after Jaws and Star Wars) as the first film to merchandise the **** out of a movie a full year before release. 'member Batman caps? Only after Batman did merchandising BEFORE release become a big thing (although its hard to do with anything other than comic book movies -- but they tried -- 'memba Richard Tracy? -- this site won't let me say ****).

Yeah I agree no Cameron.

True about Batman 89.

Holy crap everyone was walking around with that yellow bat insignia it was everywhere remember that lol

Batman 89 dominated the entertainment news with broadway Phantom 88 trailing behind.

But it belonging on that list....hmm.

I?ll leave it up to DiFabio to have final say on it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think the yellow bat symbol is the best bat symbol. Even if you can easily see something like that night. Don?t care

Its been my PS4 desktop for years

eddda314c26d903ec1b897f961b62b52.jpg

This time break has solidified the Infinity Saga entry into what I consider to be the super exclusive club of cinematic events that had seismic cultural impact or significance.

So true. I'm so glad that the IS (and to a lesser extent the SW ST) are safely compartmentalized from anything that might come after.

They are:

Notice no LOTR.

Sad but also true. In 2002 The Two Towers destroyed AOTC, Chamber of Secrets, and IMO even Spider-Man with regard to the quality of those actual films. But the impact didn't last. Put up figures, statues, or other merchandise for preorder from all four of those properties right now 18 years later and TTT would come in dead last for excitement/sales. LOTR trilogy as a whole made a more significant cultural impact that Avatar at least (thank God) but not much more than that. What a shame.

With WW set to release in theaters this Oct now will they think twice of this film releasing on Disney + :dunno

They are:

Notice no LOTR.

So true. I'm so glad that the IS (and to a lesser extent the SW ST) are safely compartmentalized from anything that might come after.

Sad but also true. In 2002 The Two Towers destroyed AOTC, Chamber of Secrets, and IMO even Spider-Man with regard to the quality of those actual films. But the impact didn't last. Put up figures, statues, or other merchandise for preorder from all four of those properties right now 18 years later and TTT would come in dead last for excitement/sales. LOTR trilogy as a whole made a more significant cultural impact that Avatar at least (thank God) but not much more than that. What a shame.

You know, if we're including both positive and negative cultural impact, I think Jye forgot to put Deep Throat on his list.... :D

With BW now pushed into 2021 Endgame truly was an End Game couldn?t have asked for a better title lol

So two things are going to happen when the MCU finally returns into cinema god knows when that?s going to be.

1. No one will care about the MCU or even superheroes in general anymore and it will fizzle out before it can take off again.

or

2. People will have missed cinema and the MCU bad enough that it propels the MCU into another mega hit sensational event.

Spring of next year :thud:

Might as well put the merch I’m seeing in stores on clearance at this point

I guess the only takeaway is due to these films getting pushed back basically a year+, is that all those MCU Hot Toys figures scheduled to be released in 2Q-4Q 2021 will likely be bumped up to earlier in the year.

Disney in trouble?

Try movie theaters are all going bye bye lol.

Studios are also in trouble BUT at least they have streaming and ancillary revenue to keep them alive.

That might not be as good as big box office money but it is better than nothing and Disney has other industries as well.

Theaters are screwed lol

Last edited:
Back