Black Desert MMORPG : Too Good to be true?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxySupreme

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if there are any video game enthusiasts/mmo players here on this forum.

Today I saw trailer release for a new MMORPG called Black Desert created by Korean video game studio Pearl Abyss.

On youtube, they released videos for character creation and some beta footage as well.

I've been playing video games all my life, and this game looks too good to be true. Its an open world sandbox MMORPG. The character movement, combat action, and environment detail looks almost like a triple AAA next gen action adventure game. The character creation process looks like a profession photoshop edit program. Mind you, this is supposedly an MMO.

Basically it looks like it was produced on an unlimited budget. I've have literally never seen anything like it for an MMO.

I am wondering do any of you guys have more knowledge on this.

There's actually a video game section here. And yes, the game is real. It's kind of weird that it's such a high quality game, but other big budget games are usually wasting a lot of money which is why there's instances like this where they can do as good without spending as much. If you're wondering about other games from Korea, there's Aion and TERA

Back