Statue Black Cat Polystone statue by J. Scott Campbell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going back and looking at the pic with Steve Schumacher, I agree it does seem that she'll be perched on a pile of jewels and maybe gold bars. The disc just looks like the foundation. The concept art in the pic is way too blurry but that's my guess. Hopefully that will be enough to elevate her to at least MJ's height.

Going just by the reference sheet, it actually seems to me she's sitting on a huge diamond. Or at least half a diamond. There does seem to be something else in front of it on the screen, though.

Going just by the reference sheet, it actually seems to me she's sitting on a huge diamond. Or at least half a diamond. There does seem to be something else in front of it on the screen, though.

Yeah, I can make out a diamond shape now that you mention it. I assumed you meant a pile of diamonds when you said "diamond-themed". It does look like something else is going on around the huge diamond though. I imagine it's even more jewels or gold coins/bars. Still curious how they're going to integrate Spidey into the piece. The ball of yarn from the illustration would probably feel out of place on a pile of loot at this point, but I'd still like to see it. I guess we'll know more eventually.

Just got to moving my coms around and the way I've got them arranged I'm thinking now I may actually prefer her on the shorter side- they stagger really well. A lower price tag might also be nice, finally

I'd like her somewhere between MJ and Gwen, in term of height. Then the eye follows them straight up to Spidey himself. Love the idea.

here's my setup atm-

photo.JPG

I'd take her a little taller than MJ and to Spidey's left... or I'd take her a little smaller and between Gwen and MJ... wait, I am still talking about placement right? My mind is wandering :lol

I wish MJ wasn't so small. I get she need to be proportionate and of course it's based on art, but there is quite a difference. I still love the piece though.

I wish MJ wasn't so small. I get she need to be proportionate and of course it's based on art, but there is quite a difference. I still love the piece though.

Try putting a 1" base under her base- makes a HUGE difference. They messed up slightly when they made her base part of the statue, when next to the others it looks like shes standing in a hole

I wish SSC would post update pics. Waiting without being able to see progress is painful.

Try putting a 1" base under her base- makes a HUGE difference. They messed up slightly when they made her base part of the statue, when next to the others it looks like shes standing in a hole

I saw someone awhile back make a custom base for it. Just a plain black base and it really looked good! I'm not that talented though.

Only have MJ and Gwen so far. They're both lovely. I think JSC's style really comes through on both. I have the Spidey classic variant on order.

Just waiting for Ms. Hardy to go up for PO now. :impatient:

Looks like she's kneeling on a pouffe to me...

pouffe... thats fun to say :lol

just meaning that the statue overall is in a hole. IMO the feet of the pouffe lol should be aligned with Gwen's feet, as it is I think it kinda makes her look smaller scale compared to the others- optical illusion.

are they really called pouffes?

Back