Bill Finger will FINALLY get official recognition by DC for Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkMagic

Super Freak
Reaction score
DC Entertainment To Give Classic Batman Writer Credit in 'Gotham' and 'Batman v Superman' (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter

It's a START. He will get official credit on the Gotham TV show and Batman VS Superman when it hits the big screen. Wonder when (if) they will ever decide to give him his full credit on every. single. Batman comic book / game / media project going forward.

DC Entertainment and the family of Bill Finger are pleased to announce that they have reached an agreement that recognizes Mr. Finger’s significant contributions to the Batman family of characters. "Bill Finger was instrumental in developing many of the key creative elements that enrich the Batman universe, and we look forward to building on our acknowledgement of his significant role in DC Comics’ history," stated Diane Nelson, President of DC Entertainment. "As part of our acknowledgement of those contributions," Nelson continued, "we are pleased to confirm today that Bill Finger will be receiving credit in the Warner Bros. television series Gotham beginning later this season, and in the forthcoming motion picture Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice."

In the words of the great Jack Kirby "Comics will break your heart."

Bill Finger died sick and penniless. It makes me sick to my stomach he didn't receive credit during his life. I wish this happened while Bob Kane were alive and made to answer for stealing credit.

Finally! This is so long over due. If not for Bill Finger, Batman would be just another obscure, goofy character from the early days of super hero comic books. The "Bat-Man", as envisioned by Bob Kane, would be a footnote to a footnote. It gives me great pleasure to know that Jim Steranko slapped the crap outta Kane back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back