Biggest disappointment of a game 2008

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gta 4 and mgs4 in a tie with fall out 3 close behind. Gears is what it is but 4 me it's fun as hell but frustrating as hell also. :lol

GTA4 - I got bored and just lost interest after awhile and the MP was pretty weak.

Tomb Raider Underworld - too short, movements rather jerky...I liked how they tied the story together with Legend and Anniversary but that's about it. Not enough puzzles, not enough action, no real boss fights and again I say too short!

You know I just put GTA:IV in my top 5 GOTY but in some weird way GTA was also one of my personal disappointments of the year. Especially coming off of the awesome San Andreas story/game. That to me was the be all end all of GTA, Vice City was awesome too but SA took what VC did right and expanded on it. I think GTA4 was missing the weird factor, the playfulness of past GTAs, i.e. jetpacks, harrier jets, dildos. :lol

GTA4 - I got bored and just lost interest after awhile and the MP was pretty weak.

Tomb Raider Underworld - too short, movements rather jerky...I liked how they tied the story together with Legend and Anniversary but that's about it. Not enough puzzles, not enough action, no real boss fights and again I say too short!

How short was it?

so you like your action to be lengthy & confusing? :D:lol

disagree with GTA4...I loved it & can't wait for the DLC

The MP was alright on GTA 4. The story though was what I just got really bored with in a hurry.

With no doubt it would be The Force Unleashed. For a game that was in development for 25 years, almost nothing about it blew me away. Plus all the bloody glitches in it AND no multiplayer

Yeah definitely the Force Unleashed here too. That game sounded amazing from previews, but the final product was just a linear average adventure game.

I really like GTA IV's multiplayer. All I ever play is free roam online, but it is a blast with friends. The thing that disappointed me about GTA IV was the lack of plane's and outrageous cheats. The thing that mad SA so fun was all of the ridiculous cheats that made car's fly and float on water. GTA IV went for total realism I guess, but I still would have liked some of those fun cheats.

How short was it?

I finished it (for the first time) in less than 6 hours. I found the few puzzles to be incredibly easy and the game as a whole was not much of a challenge. I remember parts of Legend and Anniversary that took me hours to get through...it was difficult and at times frustrating...but I liked the challenge. This game did not have that. I still had fun but I was disappointed. Here's hoping that the next in the series is better.

so you like your action to be lengthy & confusing? :D:lol

disagree with GTA4...I loved it & can't wait for the DLC

I like my action lengthy and challenging. :D

I really wish I could have gotten in to GTA4.....maybe one day I'll pick it up again and give it a go. There were just too many other games I enjoyed playing more and that one ended up taking a back seat and eventually got traded in.

I finished it (for the first time) in less than 6 hours. I found the few puzzles to be incredibly easy and the game as a whole was not much of a challenge. I remember parts of Legend and Anniversary that took me hours to get through...it was difficult and at times frustrating...but I liked the challenge. This game did not have that. I still had fun but I was disappointed. Here's hoping that the next in the series is better.

Interesting, I actually own LEGEND and haven't played it yet. So is like a crappier version of Uncharted?

Interesting, I actually own LEGEND and haven't played it yet. So is like a crappier version of Uncharted?

Legend is great...and challenging. I'm surprised I didn't throw my control through the window during a few spots - but I like a game that does that. :lol

Underworld doesn't even come close to Uncharted - graphics not as cool and though it's a good story, I liked the story of Uncharted better. I also found the movements rather jerky which was annoying. I'd say you should rent it and try it out....it's a good game....just far from being a great game.

Hmmm...I would have to say that my worst award would go to Resistance 2. The single player story mode was pretty decent, as was the co-op story mode...but the online competitive play just killed this game for me. It is nothing but complete chaos with no real strategy involved. I know the first Resistance game was pretty much nothing but run and gun as well, but at least you could attempt to play strategically with your team. On Resistance 2, you can't even talk to everyone in your party once you get launched into a game...instead you are stuck talking to only 4 or 5 people (which may or may not even be in your party) for the whole round which sucks when you have about 20 people on your side...very frustrating to try to work together when you can't communicate. Add in the fact that after the last patch, you are only able to play one round per map (and you don't even get to switch sides to play as both factions during the map) before getting booted back to the lobby system and I think you can see my reasons are just. I have many friends that like this game, but its just not for me.

A close second would have to be GTA IV. As Tom said, it just didn't feel like a GTA game. It would have been nice to have been able to at least purchase businesses again...Maybe they will be it right with GTA 5?

Agree!Thats a part of the MGS games.

But to answer the question i must say Motorstorm Pacific Rift,i loved the first game but they did something with this one i hated,they turned it into a more realistic game,a little TOO realistic that reminds me of Gran Turismo,no fun factor at all!

And Haze,thank God for the demo,so i didnt have to buy this crap.

lol same here man! I was actually thinking about buying Haze, until I played the demo.

GTA4.

I was really looking forward to it and was bored to tears in less than a week.

Back