Biggest disappointment of a game 2008

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With no doubt it would be The Force Unleashed. For a game that was in development for 25 years, almost nothing about it blew me away. Plus all the bloody glitches in it AND no multiplayer

Haze.

I just want to add that even though GTA4 was good, it was still disappointing. there was less to do than in previous GTA's. Vice city still being the best. The multiplayer is a bit naff. and the graphics were so so .

With no doubt it would be The Force Unleashed. For a game that was in development for 25 years, almost nothing about it blew me away. Plus all the bloody glitches in it AND no multiplayer

Agreed on all of those things. Also the story sucked. I hated playing this character who becomes more powerful than Vader. It felt wrong. It seemed to destroy the whole idea that Vader was the chosen one

It's a tie between Force Unleashed and GTAIV. Both were overhyped, but while TFU didn't live up to expectations it was still somewhat fun to play while it lasted. GTAIV, on the other hand, I just walked away from after endless poorly rendered cut scenes (those things always try my patience) and repetitive gameplay. It didn't have an authentically adult feel to it, but rather it felt like a 12 year old trying to produce a Scorsese gangster movie with the assumption that as long as you say the F word every three seconds you are "edgy." I tend to get bored with open world games and this was absolutely no exception.

So now that I think about it, I would break the tie and give the big disappointment award to GTAIV.

Force Unleashed was probably the most disappointing for me. I still enjoyed playing it, but it could have been better.

The new technology that they developed for it really didn't add anything to it. They took way too long which probably meant they cut stuff out. And the gameplay was pretty repetitive, and they really dumbed down the Force powers until it really didn't matter.

Gears of War 2, improved the storyline, and took what was ever good about the multiplayer and raped it until there was nothing left but a noob oriented piece of trash not worth the hours i put into it when it first came out.

yes i feel very strongly about gears games, played the first one so much that i had to buy it again twice due to discs getting completely worn through.

MGS4..... great gameplay, but too many cutscenes, install times, and ridiculous attempt at MP.

I'm sorry but if you were a fan of the MGS series, you must have known about the cut scenes? Thats part of the MGS experience and has been for years. I thought the multplayer was good, but I bought it for the single player. Are you sure you own a PS3 and you're not really an Xbox fanboy in disguise :naughty Come on own up

I have bought VERY few games this year and the one's i've bought have been great. But from the demo's i've tried and would have to say The Force Unleashed. Even though the demo was only like 5 min. i got a bit bored. I'm still gonna get it though because it's star Wars :D

I'm sorry but if you were a fan of the MGS series, you must have known about the cut scenes? Thats part of the MGS experience and has been for years. I thought the multplayer was good, but I bought it for the single player. Are you sure you own a PS3 and you're not really an Xbox fanboy in disguise :naughty Come on own up

Agree!Thats a part of the MGS games.

But to answer the question i must say Motorstorm Pacific Rift,i loved the first game but they did something with this one i hated,they turned it into a more realistic game,a little TOO realistic that reminds me of Gran Turismo,no fun factor at all!

And Haze,thank God for the demo,so i didnt have to buy this crap.

Wow... whoever says GOW2 must be high.

Pass the bud then.....!

Let me clear as to why:

With MP, there is extreme lag, matchmaking needs serious work, and the biggie for me: lack of public player matches that we had in GOW - where we choose the type of game, the players and map.

In gow 1, we had the OPTION of ranked or public player matches; gow 2, we have matched, rank matches only...they thought that a lack of options was a good way to go for a sequel?

Pass the bud then.....!

Let me clear as to why:

With MP, there is extreme lag, matchmaking needs serious work, and the biggie for me: lack of public player matches that we had in GOW - where we choose the type of game, the players and map.

In gow 1, we had the OPTION of ranked or public player matches; gow 2, we have matched, rank matches only...they thought that a lack of options was a good way to go for a sequel?

MP has been improving. You can expect it to be perfect yet. Give it time,and it will be.
And IMO, ranked matches add to the competition. Makes it much more competitive, and fun.

The story was better, the gameplay was awesome, the graphics and visuals were better... overall an amazing game.

Back