Bigger Mark 3 confirmed? 1:3? 1:1?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IF that is what they are teasing with, I say $999. With the way Sideshow has been increasing their prices ($500 for Man-Thing?), this is going to be close to a grand or more.

I want to share this pic which I captured it from my IM art book. The IM on the pic was the prototype created by Stan Winston Studio for the movie. It is just exactly the same to the one from TwitPic. Such prototype model also appears in the IM DVD/blue ray and it appears to be 1:2 scale. Same to many of you, I must buy it if it is truly released and hopefully it is not too heavy.

From TwitPic
4413230115b887395511d94.jpg

From DVD:

Last edited:
From TwitPic
4413230115b887395511d94.jpg

I think that this will sell out quickly @ $1500, so long as the ES is reasonable. At this point I'm kinda pleased I held out on the IM 1:1 bust... if SS release this piece and it's exactly the way it is in the pics, then it just might be the definitive IM collectible. The 1:1 bust could see a plunge [or at least a noticeable drop] in value.

I only wish we had the faintest idea when this will be announced :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I think that this will sell out quickly @ $1500, so long as the ES is reasonable. At this point I'm kinda pleased I held out on the IM 1:1 bust... if SS release this piece and it's exactly the way it is in the pics, then it just might be the definitive IM collectible. The 1:1 bust could see a plunge [or at least a noticeable drop] in value.

I only wish we had the faintest idea when this will be announced :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I would think it would be announced for SDCC but who knows. I think it will be a must own piece though.

the only downside with it is that it wont fit in with the rest of the PFs and the MK1 maquette.

Just remember folks, that picture is of a Maquette made for John Favreau which he posted on twitter. Sideshow haven't made any official announcements, given any decent hints or confirmed anything.

None of us know whats actually going to be announced, so don't get your hopes up too much. I'll be first in line to buy it if its announced but we might be building ourselves up for a disappointment if its something else or lesser.

well... since they said bigger then 1/4th... then they mean this.

I fo one wish SS would make a 1/4th to stand in with other PF's. :(

Just remember folks, that picture is of a Maquette made for John Favreau which he posted on twitter. Sideshow haven't made any official announcements, given any decent hints or confirmed anything.

None of us know whats actually going to be announced, so don't get your hopes up too much. I'll be first in line to buy it if its announced but we might be building ourselves up for a disappointment if its something else or lesser.

Well said.Had my hopes dashed too many times to think any other way.

It is not bad to have our hope even it may not happen. At least to let SS know this IM is what we like if they also see this thread and then they may really produce it some day.

Last edited:

This is true, the only thing we know for certain is that its bigger than 1/4, that its supposed to debut at SDCC (according to the last hint about it a few weeks back) and that its an Iron Man film piece.

Making it bigger than 1/4 is smart business practice because there isn't any competition with the previous maquettes or comiquettes. This piece shown is an example of what a 1/4 piece would look like but it was a privately done piece. Like SSC did with the Mark 1 1/4 Maquette, they saw the idea of a previously done private maquette done by SWS and made one of their own so its probable and most likely that even if SSC was doing a 1/3 Mark 3 Maquette that it would be originally done and sculpted by the production team themselves and not just a simple copy of whats already been done. That really isn't their forte.

Back