Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably the only one here, but I don't like what you did to his eyes. He looks little dumb and bleary-eyed now and lost his Connery typicall charm. Sorry, nothing personal of course. :) Happy you like your figure now more, each to his own.

xm80iG.png

bond-drink-closeup-189vozw.jpg

That comparison makes the BCS suit look atrocious although obviously the Yunsil will be incredible.

I can see that from the cut, the way it hangs... Absolutely gorgeous. Anyone know if Yunsil will do another run?

If she did another run, I'd rebuy this figure. The cons just outweighed what I liked in my mind, so I started the return process with Sideshow. The sculpt is there with a repaint and the accessories are great, but suit cut and body just kill it for me. Wish I loved; Goldfinger is definitely a favorite movie. Really hope BCS get the next wave perfect.

I randomly got a replacement severed statue head in the mail today. My statue head also had the nose rub, but I didn’t get any notice about the replacement coming. So hopefully this means the figure heads won’t be far behind now either.

The right eye is much smaller than the left and is also a little higher making him look a little boss eyed.

Last edited:
Right eye looks bit weird also to me, but otherwise it's great improvement.

Last edited:
Got my Bond figure today. It's by no means all negative, and I'll go into that later. But the bottom line is that it has a nose rub - which I won't be able to get replaced because I didn't buy it from BCS - and they haven't even managed to use enough paint to achieve proper coverage of the hair and eyebrows.

I got called nasty here for saying that I wished another company had got the license, and generally hauled over the coals, but honestly, the last time I saw anything like this on a figure was on an Action Man knock off in the 1980's with a hollow plastic head.

paint1.jpg
paint2.jpg
paint3.jpg

How is this not a QC failure? Obviously the nose rub is there but paint is missing on the top of the eyebrow and is patchy on the hair, as well as being completely missing on the hairline at the back. I paid £200 for this.

There are some positives, but I'm so pissed off at myself for being suckered into buying this that I just can't be bothered at the moment. The knock off will cost a tenth of this and will have a better paint job.

Think I'll pop back later to read how nasty I am and how brilliant BCS are.

As one of those people who was giving you #$#&) before...you're completely right on this.

The paint rub on the nose is inexcusable, as is the hair. I don't think any are QC issues, though - the impression I get is that the hair paint was done on purpose that way to try to get more depth. It was a failure, for sure, but it's not QC if it's intentional.

The nose rub is a failure on the design of the box, not the figure itself.

Now, if you're a customizer, they're easy fixes. BUT that said, you shouldn't pull out a figure in 2018 and have it look like that, no way.

You're way too sensitive, Tom Day. I'm the one who called "your comment" nasty previously and I deliberately left it at that. Not sure how you believe you've been racked over the coals. If you want to see someone racked over the coals time and time again, you should read your own comments when you post. You seem to be able to give scathing criticism but can't take even the slightest comment against you. Come on, toughen up. You made one comment I felt was particularly nasty so I called it out. I'm sorry you took it so personally. Hopefully you're not going to be mad at me for this comment now too.

I'm sorry you got the nose rub, but that seems par for the course. Should be no surprise, especially to you.

I truly wish you got a good figure, Tom. Truly. And I hope you can get your money back on return. I got no axe to grind with you, but felt taunted to address my "nasty" comment (since you mentioned it twice above). If you can't return it, your nose rub looks fairly small -- maybe you can do touch-up paint. I know you shouldn't have to -- but then I shouldn't have to swap bodies on HT figures, or buy a new dress for Leia, or any of the many things we all do in this hobby in the pursuit of perfection.

I'd still be curious how you feel about the rest of this figure once you get passed this. I also wish you got Goldfinger and Oddjob because they are really terrific (assuming no nose rub).

Where did you buy it from? If it’s an official retailer, or was it EBay. Either way all nose rubs will be replaced, at no point have we said they won’t be. Contact your retailer and they should get in contact with us. Or contact [email protected] and you will be added to the list. But all will be replaced. I can’t stress that enough ALL.

Going to order Connery and maybe the rest from BBTS soon....I will give BCS a chance if I get QC issues on mine. I want to support this line because I am a huge classic Bond fan(60's/70's) but I have seen alot to be wary about...

I took the opportunity to drop the iris on the left a little which was a good call out I think. I disagree that the sizes are off though. could have been the shadowing on the other pictures giving that illusion. The eyes are different sizes, the left eye is much larger and less squinted.

I' d love to see Iniguo's take at more bond expressions, but the one he did here I think is the most iconic if even the raised eyebrow takes the sculpt look cartoonish, with the right paint application on the eyebrows it can make that more subtle.

The repainted sculpt + Yunsil suit and a decent body and its the James Bond fig we all wanted. Instead we get a sloppy paint app, loose body and a suit that wouldn't look out of place on an Action Man. The comparison of the Yunsil suit next to the BCS one really shows how low quality the BCS one looks.

Even the Toy City grey suit would be an improvement, I seen one listed on ebay for £22

I think the BCS fig can be salvaged as the sculpt is very good but its going to take a bit of work from my end to achieve the fig I want.

Last edited:
Shells you are completely right.

I brought up the Toys city suits and Greggo dismissed it and I think that's a shame. He mentioned that the arms or whatever were ill fitting based off of the prototype picture which I don't feel is reflective of the quality and final fit of that product, but if I were him I'd get R. and D on that **** ASAP because they are really schooling BC on suits.

And I don't mean this as an attack on BC, I really don't I just think they can learn from what Toys city (or even Pop) is doing.

I have the Toys city Tux on my Dalton and I will try and take pictures later to show it looks good. It's not a Yunsil and now why would it be? But if these were the caliber of what we got from Big chief I'd honestly be satisfied with that and feel it's up to snuff with industry expectation. My Dalton looks almost as good as the Yunsils. In fact, I'd venture to say it's arguable if the flawed Yunsil Skyfall tux looks all that much better than the Toys city tux.

First things first allow me to get that bat out once more and find the dead horse because it's all a moot point if they don't replace the body which is truly the worst thing about these figures by a mile.

Then I will reiterate that thinner but more quality fabric (without that odd starchy almost cardboardy lining they had in the suits), functioning buttons or hell even Velcro would be better, and shoulder padding would already be a massive game changer.

They can probably double the result with that alone. I'm not expecting these guys to be perfect and I'm not expecting them to be Hot Toys I just think they can get there but so far I've seen understandable frustration and a bit of dismissal on their part.

To be fair we are a bunch of bastards snd they have only shown the prototype from Dr No since the set came out. there is still time and room to change it. I give them a pass on the LALD series because it had to be in production before the owners of the Goldeneye set had them in hand to offer critique,

And hell if there don't want to design a new body can't they do what QMX is doing and buy bulk one of the highly superior third party bodies on the market?

I took the opportunity to drop the iris on the left a little which was a good call out I think. I disagree that the sizes are off though. could have been the shadowing on the other pictures giving that illusion. The eyes are different sizes, the left eye is much larger and less squinted.

I' d love to see Iniguo's take at more bond expressions, but the one he did here I think is the most iconic if even the raised eyebrow takes the sculpt look cartoonish, with the right paint application on the eyebrows it can make that more subtle.

That is soooo realistic- wonderful

Back