Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The proportions do look pretty good here, and I love how he looks with the overcoat and hat, but yeah we all know the production figure won't come close to this.

dr-no-james-bond.jpg

I am tempted by the Ex Bond -- I think the overcoat might solve the narrow shoulders if that remains a problem.

Here's the Dr No accessories... love that the tarantula is included...

dr-no 8-23-19.jpg

He'd look smashing with his cigarette holder in one hand and that spider cage in the other. :D

Lets give credit where credit is due:

6353f23731245dbef2eb61f50c3566df.jpg

I
3e5eea11b624ece0a4991b281cbfada2.jpg

The shoulder to head ratio is finally correct. It is a very impressive looking prototype. Both look perfect!!!

The question is when will they deliver?
This is their chance to completely rebound and knock it out of the park, hope that they take this opportunity and do it the way we all know that they can.

If any of you from Big Chief is reading this, you guys really need to do a newer Tom Baker 4th Doctor.
Hot Toys is doing a new Bespin Luke 2.0, its not unheard of.

Unrelated side note (but kind of related in making Big Chief really awesome):

I would say the most wanted modern production standard figure that is not on the market would be an upgraded Tom Baker Dr. Who ...

(Leela and K-9 wouldnt be bad idea either [emoji1303][emoji1303])

66bedb3044b3c0fdb730036ee0450c0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point, all I really want is Dr. No.

This new PO does beg the question: what happened to Live And Let Die?

Agreed. I really only want Dr. No as well, but I do feel that the sculpt on Bond looks fantastic.

Hopefully, we will hear something on the LALD wave soon. I'm very tempted to order it, but the QC issues I had with the Goldfinger wave are causing me to hold off for now. Are you getting all of the figures in that wave? :)

Are you getting all of the figures in that wave? :)

I haven't preordered anything since Goldfinger. I am less enamored with Live And Let Die so I decided to wait for them to be released. I figured I would get Solitaire and perhaps Roger Moore... but I'm still waiting for that determination.

It's funny, and part of my hesitancy at the time was that when LALD was first PO'd I figured we would have had another 3-4 movies previewed by the time those figures were released -- the original release, not the factory change-over push date.

I still wonder where we're at with this line. How is it doing? Will it change to Crowd Funding soon? I wish I knew more about the long-term plan.

And just so you know, I rarely preorder anything these days as the 1.5 year turnover wait (HT standard now) is just too long in my opinion.

Yeah Dr No figures in about 2021 if we are lucky- not going to pre order , no no way

Both look great but yeah - definitely waiting on my LALD figures to be in hand before I do another pre-order.

I’ll be pre ordering just to do my part in keeping this line alive. Still think the body looks way too slim, but it’s a step in the right direction

If any of you from Big Chief is reading this, you guys really need to do a newer Tom Baker 4th Doctor.

I would say the most wanted modern production standard figure that is not on the market would be an upgraded Tom Baker Dr. Who ...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Baker has been confirmed as going up for pre-order in Q4 this year.

I think the issue is more the paint than the sculpt for Connery. It will look nice with the right repaint, iniguo is a great sculptor. Dr no is passable for sure clothes look a little thick.

No way of getting around that the whole suit for bond needs to be replaced but that’s to be expected. Thinking someone should be getting a custom run up and tunnign now, we might just get it before these things are released seeing LALD is taking 1.5 years so far.

Crappiest looking thing it of any of these things is the top hat. Come on big Chief there are knock offs as well as companies like DID and hot toys that show you how to do this . It’s not hard. It needs to be flocked. But mostly it just looks cheap. Oddjobs at least did not look cheap.

The Connery sculpt looks really good to me. Even if the production piece needs a repaint I think it's worth getting. Very happy with my DID Roger Moore, I'll pick up some of the Big Chief LALD accessories parted out(if that figure is ever released) then I'm just looking for a Daniel Craig Bond and Jaws figure and I'll be happy to leave it there.

August 2020

Two Pack gets you Dr No and Bond for $228 each ($456 total) if I did the conversion correctly (excluding shipping).

Bond alone (w/o tax) is $243.

Dr. No alone is $213.

Buying each separately looks to be $456 as well... so not sure what happened to the discount. Wish they also had US conversion prices on their site.

Last edited:
Back