Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a nose rub on my EB Scarface, I found a pastel that matched, brushed some on and fixed it with Dullcote. Plug up the eyes with blu tack beforehand and it'll be fine.

I had a nose rub on my EB Scarface, I found a pastel that matched, brushed some on and fixed it with Dullcote. Plug up the eyes with blu tack beforehand and it'll be fine.

I’ve been searching on the Freaks board and at OSW for fixing a serious nose rub on my Auric G, without needing a complete stripping and repaint. I wasn’t sure if pastels would work but your experience is proof positive, thanks!

I purchased all three of the Goldfinger series a long time ago and only briefly inspected them when I recieved them, however I only recently found out about the nose rubs, so I inspected the figures in more detail and both James Bond and Oddjob are good but Goldfinger has a nose rub. What can be done at this late stage, would BCF send me a replacement if they have any left, if not is it easy to fix.

I got this response from BCS just in August. If you bought directly from them with proof, maybe they’ll take care of you, just not sure how their “cut off point” would apply to your purchase. “Only customers whom brought directly from us were applicable for the free replacement. We have since been charging for the replacements and any new figures that we have in stock have already been replaced. As this figure was brought off a private seller and the cut off point has run its course, we are now asking customers to pay for their replacements.”

I’ve been searching on the Freaks board and at OSW for fixing a serious nose rub on my Auric G, without needing a complete stripping and repaint. I wasn’t sure if pastels would work but your experience is proof positive, thanks!

Only use Dullcote to seal it though anything else will darken the paintwork.

I purchased the figures from an ebay seller who is no longer with ebay, so no help from BCS according to their replacement policy but that is a huge cop out, so what if I purchased my figures from elsewhere, it's their fault and lack of quality control that my figure has a nose rub in the first place. I don't mind paying postage to send the faulty head back to BCS even though I should'nt have to but to pay for the replacement head does not bode well for customer services. They have five up and coming Bond franchise figures that I was interested in but I'm now seriously thinking of changing my mind about them. Incidentally anyone know how much they charge for a replacement head. Will go pastel & Dullcote route if no joy but scared I will make a mess.

I purchased the figures from an ebay seller who is no longer with ebay, so no help from BCS according to their replacement policy but that is a huge cop out, so what if I purchased my figures from elsewhere, it's their fault and lack of quality control that my figure has a nose rub in the first place. I don't mind paying postage to send the faulty head back to BCS even though I should'nt have to but to pay for the replacement head does not bode well for customer services. They have five up and coming Bond franchise figures that I was interested in but I'm now seriously thinking of changing my mind about them. Incidentally anyone know how much they charge for a replacement head. Will go pastel & Dullcote route if no joy but scared I will make a mess.
Yes, those nose rubs didn’t get there by magic once in possession of a retailer; that’s entirely their fudge-up. Anyway, I live in California and here’s what they quoted me last August: “The price to send to you is 36 GBP plus 10 GBP postage and packaging.” Can I guess that it’ll be pastels and Dullcoat instead?

These will hit February, leaving the factory in December.

A few upgrades such as die cast machete and canister to magnetize to Bond's watch.

Body reworking for the female torso and for Samdi.

They sent pics of production samples, clothing looks good. I'm not going to blast the paint until I see it in hand but bond left a lot to be desired IMO.

That's great news.... well, the part about clothes looking good, not the paint part. Solitaire is the only one I have an interest in so hopefully she came out the best.

Wish they posted those production samples. How did you get on their list for pics of production samples?

I think BCS sent the production update to direct buyers. No close-up shots of Solitaire or Baron other than clothing. Here was the production update with a few of the pics.

Production of the eagerly awaited Live and Let Die Sixth Scale Character Replica Figures is well underway and the figures scheduled to be completed in December.

Tooling took more time than we had previously been advised, for debugging and test shots before approval could be granted. In particular our vendor had to re-tool the torso for the female figure as there were parts missing from the tools, presumably lost by the previous factory prior to the transfer.

Our newly developed body for Baron Samedi also required some additional work, to ensure that all joints would be tight and that the figure would hold poses.

Our design team have conveyed several improvements for the paint decoration of the figures' heads and accessories and we are pleased to say that these have all been signed off and look great.

Solitaire's dress has been a challenge for our manufacturing team, with multiple operations required to achieve the desired finish. The results are fantastic! The gold printing in particular looks incredible. When coupled with the character's knee-high boots, the figure is going to be a stunning piece.

We are really pleased to announce that Bond's machete has been upgraded to a die-cast metal blade and the tiny CO2 shark canister is also metal. This has enabled us to achieve a really cool feature - the canister can be attached to Bond's wristwatch. Just like we see in the movie, 007's watch is magnetic and can attract the canister. A tiny magnet in the watch accessory will allow you to pose your figure with the canister in place.

Bond is currently scheduled to be completed ahead of both Solitaire and Baron Samedi, but all three figures will still ship together. The factory are on schedule to complete production and pack out just before the end of December. Shipping will then commence with stock arriving around mid February.

We appreciate that many of you would have ideally liked the figures to arrive in time for Christmas, but given the complexity of Solitaire's dress and the numerous tooling adjustments, plus improvements to the paint decoration, we felt it best not to rush production. We hope that you will all agree and thank you for your understanding.

We will keep you all posted as production completes.

jb-lald-update-nov-img-8_8.jpg

jb-lald-update-nov-img-9_9.jpg

jb-lald-update-nov-img-10_10.jpg

jb-lald-update-nov-img-12_12.jpg

jb-lald-update-nov-img-14_14.jpg

jb-lald-update-nov-img-17_17.jpg

I think BCS sent the production update to direct buyers. No close-up shots of Solitaire or Baron other than clothing. Here was the production update with a few of the pics.

Thank you!

These two bits sound great:

- Solitaire's dress has been a challenge for our manufacturing team, with multiple operations required to achieve the desired finish. The results are fantastic! The gold printing in particular looks incredible. When coupled with the character's knee-high boots, the figure is going to be a stunning piece.

- the canister can be attached to Bond's wristwatch. Just like we see in the movie, 007's watch is magnetic and can attract the canister. A tiny magnet in the watch accessory will allow you to pose your figure with the canister in place.

I will be curious to see how they improved the Samedi body. I still wish they did his classic and creepy Voodoo outfit rather than his brief Dinner Show ensemble.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm being harsh, but some of the stuff in this line really gives off a "HOT sale" sorta vibe to me, and it's only more painful to think about when you realise the price of these things. Some of the stuff is above and beyond fantastic, but then the rest stands out like a sore thumb. It's probably the lighting or the poses, they can make or break a figure's first impression.

The glimpse of a Dalton figure in the background of one of the prior posted images sends a shiver of fear down my spine; he's is my favourite Bond so I'll be properly heartbroken if it doesn't come up to scratch: we really need something to send the old Sideshow figure and it's square noggin to the local dump and this chance might be the only shot we get at that.

Everything certainly looks better than what it did during Goldfinger-gate, though, it's taking a serious while. A slow process indeed, but perhaps too slow? People are getting impatient and we need this line to do well in order to get better. How do you people who have pre-ordered even cope? Most would rip their own hair out!

Back