Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

This evenings movie choice had been in no way influenced by this thread.

Haha!!!

If you want to repaint the heads that's your choice heck I've seen Hot Toys repainted. But at the end of the day it's personal choice more people leave them how they are and are happy with them then reprinting them. As for the bodies they have been reworked from previously released figures, and the new paint jobs are using the same tech as Hot Toys only less tan. As for tailoring again it's your personal choice many again are more than happy with them.
We get told our tailoring is baggy but it's not baggy compared to some of Star Ace or threezero releases which we are below par apparently.

So you were happy with the gray wash all over the first Eleven figure? Or with the first Ten's murky five o'clock shadow? Or with the 'hobo Tom' paint up on the original Fourth Doctor release? The China doll Amy Pond paint? How about the most recent Tenth Doctor or the original Sherlock and Watson? Satisfied and happy how flat and lifeless those paints turned out?

Because honestly, if the answer is yes to any of that, and those are the kinds of benchmarks that you guys think are wholly acceptable, then my hopes for your being dedicated to doing better work in the future seem all but dashed, and I probably should just give up hope, take my money, and walk away at this point.

By the way, the only reason I got things repainted or replaced was to achieve a basic level of quality that should, I'd argue, have been there right out of the box. If you think I actually enjoy spending even more money on these figures after the fact, you're crazy. I only do so to get them to a place where I hoped they would have been to begin with.

Also most people not choosing to spend significant extra money on top of the already expensive prices of the pieces they have purchased is not in any way automatic indication that 'most people' were happy with what they got, any more than my personally choosing to get them repainted is proof that 'most people' weren't.

If you want to repaint the heads that's your choice heck I've seen Hot Toys repainted. But at the end of the day it's personal choice more people leave them how they are and are happy with them then reprinting them. As for the bodies they have been reworked from previously released figures, and the new paint jobs are using the same tech as Hot Toys only less tan. As for tailoring again it's your personal choice many again are more than happy with them.
We get told our tailoring is baggy but it's not baggy compared to some of Star Ace or threezero releases which we are below par apparently.

Why are you still arguing with people? What's the point? You're the company that produces them and think they're great. Collectors are saying your paint is flat, you disagree. Collectors are saying your tailoring is baggy, you disagree. If you're not going to take criticism/concerns about the upcoming figures from at least the passionate collectors who care about bond and 1/6, then what exactly are you doing?

You'll not convince them by arguing and are making yourself look worse. Just do a stellar job - then no one can disagree with you. It really is that simple. Stop wasting precious time arguing on the forum and go put that passion into the figures and make them superb and successful.

So our first figure? No we were not happy with it? Amy pond no we were not happy with it, so we changed factory which you know. No we were not happy with the flat paint jobs, why have we changed them? Sherlock and Watson had some problems with paint most of them were coming back with a 5 o clock shadow and there was no way we were releasing it with that again. But as I've said most people are more than happy with it.

I've just said we have changed the factory paint apps.

Again it's your choice to have something repainted. As I've said we have improved the new upcoming paint jobs hence the delays on the upcoming figures.

We are a business at the end of the day and we have to release products. No one is harder on our products then ourselves. Each time we release a figure we look at it, see how we can improve.

So you were happy with the gray wash all over the first Eleven figure? Or with the first Ten's murky five o'clock shadow? Or with the 'hobo Tom' paint up on the original Fourth Doctor release? The China doll Amy Pond paint? How about the most recent Tenth Doctor or the original Sherlock and Watson? Satisfied and happy how flat and lifeless those paints turned out?

Because honestly, if the answer is yes to any of that, and those are the kinds of benchmarks that you guys think are wholly acceptable, then my hopes for your being dedicated to doing better work in the future seem all but dashed, and I probably should just give up hope, take my money, and walk away at this point.

By the way, the only reason I got things repainted or replaced was to achieve a basic level of quality that should, I'd argue, have been there right out of the box. If you think I actually enjoy spending even more money on these figures after the fact, you're crazy. I only do so to get them to a place where I hoped they would have been to begin with.

Also most people not choosing to spend significant extra money on top of the already expensive prices they have purchased is not in any way automatic indication that 'most people' were happy with what they got, any more than my personally choosing to get them repainted is proof that 'most people' weren't.

Can't wait to see that Sean Connery sculpt! It's a new Bond line people!

It's not arguing with people at all. I haven't disagreed as stated we have improved the head paints. I can take criticism/concerns but wait a minute it's not criticism at all he is clearly saying we are not good enough we are crap we won't do any good. Not at any point have people said you could improve this and that, which I have stated we are improving them from the concerns, sorry the attack.

I'm not making myself look worse at all, I would happily discuss this face to face. We are all working very hard right now on these figures. We were excited to announce these and give fans a great line. But a select few people have just destroyed us and for what. Put it this way someone comes to your place of work and says your rubbish your terrible I wish someone else would do your job. How would you feel. No one is more passionate for our products and our jobs then we are.

Why are you still arguing with people? What's the point? You're the company that produces them and think they're great. Collectors are saying your paint is flat, you disagree. Collectors are saying your tailoring is baggy, you disagree. If you're not going to take criticism/concerns about the upcoming figures from at least the passionate collectors who care about bond and 1/6, then what exactly are you doing?

You'll not convince them by arguing and are making yourself look worse. Just do a stellar job - then no one can disagree with you. It really is that simple. Stop wasting precious time arguing on the forum and go put that passion into the figures and make them superb and successful.

It's not arguing with people at all. I haven't disagreed as stated we have improved the head paints. I can take criticism/concerns but wait a minute it's not criticism at all he is clearly saying we are not good enough we are crap we won't do any good. Not at any point have people said you could improve this and that, which I have stated we are improving them from the concerns, sorry the attack.

I'm not making myself look worse at all, I would happily discuss this face to face. We are all working very hard right now on these figures. We were excited to announce these and give fans a great line. But a select few people have just destroyed us and for what. Put it this way someone comes to your place of work and says your rubbish your terrible I wish someone else would do your job. How would you feel. No one is more passionate for our products and our jobs then we are.

:slap I officially give up on you. It was just friendly advise and you're still (in my opinion) being unprofessional and taking it to a public forum.

And, for the record, you have no idea who I am or what I do. I work in the creative/entertainment business and receive criticism every single day. In the beginning, I found it hard. But I learned and grew past it. You can never please everyone. But, I would never do what you're doing right now - it's a slippery slope and not good for your own well-being.

You'll only silence critics by superior figures out in the market. Not the promise of them or saying you've done them. The proof is in the pudding. People have given you constructive criticism but you've ignored it and said, "Oh, woe is me/us. Our poor company being down-trodden." If that's how you feel - Ignore it! Move on! Rise above it.

Good luck with the figures, Greg. If they're as high standard as you're intending them to be, you have a definite devotee from me.

For now, I'm done with you and your company.

How have I been arguing? For one thing you have no idea the run ins with certain people on this forum. It's not unprofessional giving people facts.

I haven't once said I know what you do? Now that's being argumentive, I said how would you feel? You even said you found it hard.

I agree with you in what your saying, but I've only answered the questions that have been asked not arguing just giving facts.

:slap I officially give up on you. It was just friendly advise and you're still (in my opinion) being unprofessional and taking it to a public forum.

And, for the record, you have no idea who I am or what I do. I work in the creative/entertainment business and receive criticism every single day. In the beginning, I found it hard. But I learned and grew past it. You can never please everyone. But, I would never do what you're doing right now - it's a slippery slope and not good for your own well-being.

You'll only silence critics by superior figures out in the market. Not the promise of them or saying you've done them. The proof is in the pudding.

Good luck with the figures, Greg. If they're as high standard as you're intending them to be, you have a definite devotee from me.

For now, I'm done with you and your company.

I can take criticism/concerns but wait a minute it's not criticism at all he is clearly saying we are not good enough we are crap we won't do any good. Not at any point have people said you could improve this and that, which I have stated we are improving them from the concerns, sorry the attack.

What a load of utterly untrue rubbish. I never said anything like that, at any point, at all. But apparently that is all you guys ever seem to hear any time anyone honestly critiques anything you have done, or points out any of the many inconsistencies in past work as a valid reason for current trepidation.

Sorry my opinion. Although I put he was not just referring to yourself. Some other members on here. Your can critique and we are happy to hear it. But from your post straight from Darklord Dave did not come across like that. Also past posts.

What a load of utterly untrue rubbish. I never said anything like that, at any point, at all. But apparently that is all you guys ever seem to hear any time anyone honestly critiques anything you have done, or points out any of the many inconsistencies in past work as a valid reason for current trepidation.

Sorry my opinion. Although I put he was not just referring to yourself. Some other members on here. Your can critique and we are happy to hear it. But from your post straight from Darklord Dave did not come across like that. Also past posts.

That's right, paint me as something I'm not as a way of trying to undermine what I had to say. Classy.

I'm sure I'm just part of the giant hidden conspiracy to bring you down. :panic:

I welcome anyone to actually read any of my past posts, and make up their own minds, rather than take your word that I'm just some kind of 'hater'. Clearly I'm really bad at this just being a hater business, too, given how much money I have actually spent purchasing so many of your products so far. But maybe that's all part of my secret evil plan, too?

Walking away from this insanity, now.

I haven't said that did I? It's my opinion how it came across and I gave you facts about what we are improving then you say so your happy with paint jobs etc etc when I said we have changed them. We are only as good as our last game I agree, but each time we are improving. I'm not trying to undermine you at all.

That's right, paint me as something I'm not as a way of trying to undermine what I had to say. Classy.

I'm sure I'm just part of the giant hidden conspiracy to bring you down. :panic:

I welcome anyone to actually read any of my past posts, and make up their own minds, rather than take your word that I'm just some kind of 'hater'. Clearly I'm really bad at this just being a hater business, too, given how much money I have actually spent purchasing so many of your products so far. But maybe that's all part of my secret evil plan, too?

Walking away from this insanity, now.

This is me reading greggos reponses.

giphy.gif

See that's unprofessional. Imagine if I did that OMG people would go nuts, but it's fine for you to do it????

Uh... Yeah. I'm just a dude who buys figures...

So can I change the conversation?

When is Daniel Craig happening? :)

Well this line is off to a dubious start.

Can I change topics again?

Insisting you will improve quality is one thing, but how about the piss poor qc on 10's tardis and the worse customer relations that are currently happening in response to it? This is going on as we speak.

Can we expect more of this from bcs with the Bond line?

Last edited:
Back