Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Acquires James Bond License

I believe we'll get maybe some Bond ladies now-like ht does.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Big Chief Studios, in its original Bond reveal announcement, made it sound like we'd be seeing more Connery figures before the other Bond's. However, I do hope that they've reconsidered this stance, and Moore is next in line. Connery is my favorite Bond, but I do think that this line will not be very successful if they focus on him for too much time. I imagine that most people will be satisfied with only having one of each Bond in their collection.

An excerpt from Big Chief Studios Bond announcement:

I can't imagine Connery''s likeness is cheap to aquire so it makes sense to pump out more figures of him to help offset that cost. Hot Toys did the same with Jack Nicholson.

I can't imagine Connery''s likeness is cheap to aquire so it makes sense to pump out more figures of him to help offset that cost. Hot Toys did the same with Jack Nicholson.

And it didn't work out too well for Hot Toys, either. That second 'Mime' Joker Jack sold pretty poorly, and ended up discounted pretty much everywhere before it finally sold through, despite it being really well done. And there was still a flood of them on eBay last I checked.

Personally I think the best thing they can do to help increase and support sales of the Connery Bond they've already got is to add more variety to the line with another Bond, before revisiting Connery. Give that first release space to breathe. Plus best case scenario, they release another Connery so soon that is even better, then a lot of folks who ordered this one are going to be unhappy that it has been surpassed before they even got it, others might try to cancel their orders, while others who were intending to buy might now skip the first release and wait for the second instead, little of which will either help sales or endear fans and collectors to the line. While there are undoubtedly fans who would be happy with multiple versions of the Connery Bond, given the price point you'd have to imagine they would be in the minority. And if they release a second Connery Bond that isn't as good, or better, then they risk making the line look like it is already going down hill, they open themselves up to a whole host of uncomfortable questions and criticisms, and they are going to have a harder time encouraging new sales on the second version as a result.

Put another Bond on the table and not only do you get the fans of that particular Bond, but also draw the attention of those collectors who like the idea of having a representation of each Bond on their shelves. Casting the net wider only expands the potential customer base, and the more you can hook early on, the better the prognosis for the long term health and popularity of the line, at least in my view.

That said, Big Chief will do what they will do, as they always have, no matter how flawed some of us may think some of those choices are. Their money, their business. As such, it wouldn't surprise me at all if another Connery Bond is exactly what we'll see next. Wait and see, I suppose.

If its Roger Moore, they have two choices in my mind. 70's Tux from The Spy Who Loved me or Live and Let Die, black turtle neck, brown holster and Silver 44. Magnum.

If its Roger Moore, they have two choices in my mind. 70's Tux from The Spy Who Loved me or Live and Let Die, black turtle neck, brown holster and Silver 44. Magnum.

I would guess the naval battledress uniform from "Spy who loved me".

Luchshie-filmyi-v-retsenziyah-SHpion-kotoryiy-menya-lyubil-The-Spy-Who-Loved-Me-1977-1.jpg

I want wave 2 to be Dalton, but I just know that BCS will alternate between Connery, Moore, Brosnan, Craig and Craig's successor, bleeding those eras dry, before they get around to Dalton (and Lazenby).

What happened to Tom and his jetpack pictures...?

Gah! Just seen this, a month on. I took some of the unpainted model but decided to wait until I'd painted it etc. Since that won't be happening anytime soon here they are:
belt10.jpg
belt1.jpg
belt2.jpg

Aaaaand they're rubbish. Never mind, here's some more:
belt3.jpg
belt4.jpg
belt5.jpg

I know, looks it's sculpted out of icing sugar. never mind, I like it, just wish I could 3D print time.
belt6.jpg
belt7.jpg
belt8.jpg

If it's Roger Moore there is ONE choice and one only:
moore1.jpg
moore2.jpg
moore3.jpg

No!!Not Moonraker, please...)))

I'm hoping for Dr. No, Honey Rider, and ***** Galore if the continued focus is on Connery's Bond films. We need some Bond girls represented in this line as they're just as important as the villains.

A white dinner jacket Connery Bond also feels necessary and/or a midnight blue tux.

I hope we'll get next Bond too.Not more Conneries

They said Connery, SO all I can think of is Thunderball (Jetpack or Scuba suit) hopefully NOT another white tux jacket. I also think they should've held off on doing another Connery until these GF PO's sold through, maybe do Moore or Craig, then revisit Connery.

BTW, Connery has been MIA from the public eye for years it seems.

Connery Thunderball for sure with that big scuba "jet pack" .
They need to do females starting with Honey . Dr No a must.

No!!Not Moonraker, please...)))

Let's fight for it!

Roger Moore in a spacesuit. Roger Moore in a spacesuit. Is there anything more beautiful than that?

I believe you'll get such.Because it's more different from any others Bond looks.But I don't like those space things.But it's just me ;)

Back