Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just canceled my BBTS order for all three GF figures. Not worth 750 for these by a mile...

So what you're saying is certain batches were painted badly then?

All of the goldfinger series heads are painted terrible And that’s just the first of the issues. Despite the fact the paint jobs are not up to par with 1/6 standard by a mile or as gido said, anywhere close to the prototypes 99% of them all came with nose rubs which big cheof promised to replace but no one has gotten yet.

All of the goldfinger series heads are painted terrible And that’s just the first of the issues. Despite the fact the paint jobs are not up to par with 1/6 standard by a mile or as gido said, anywhere close to the prototypes 99% of them all came with nose rubs which big cheof promised to replace but no one has gotten yet.

99%? Oh my. How did you come up with such a specific number?

Utter rubbish Ray. 99% of them certainly no where near that % of nose rubs. Everyone should have received an email about the replacement heads which are being fully replaced as previous stated. Everyone with that issue is getting a replacement head. Please don’t make up facts which are quite frankly made up.

It’s not 99% but I have to imagine it is at least 50% as the nose rub for collectors in this thread is far more common than not having a paint rub. Certainly well above the 5% originally claimed.

Hyperbole becoming the standard truth narrative is a hallmark feature here at SSF. :lol

Especially this thread in particular tbh which is such a shame because there is genuine some really good people who offer criticisms and not just utter made up rubbish and stating things as fact.

Greggo would know more than me but I would say that everyone here which I’m sure is not an accurate sample of the population but I can only recal one or two guys saying his nose has no rub and I could see from the pictures on both the noses were shiny or had rubs anyways. I don’t know how only the bad heads could all go to one specific sampling of people who use this online forum that are located all over the world.

99% is no more or less factual than the initial “5%” estimation by greggo that he later admitted was growing when he couldn’t deny it anymore.

I’m not trying to pin this on Gregg soely by the way he’s doing what he can.

The only one of mine that didn’t have a nose rub is oddjob. So I’m pissed off at them for sure. And big cheif should be happy that with collectors like me who know what they are doing just fix it themselves out of annoyance and not wanting to be inconvenienced; they get my money AND I don’t chase them down for replacement heads which I full well should have.

The guy is asking about the issues with these he deserves to know the real deal especially because as I’ve mentioned big cheif has done jack **** about addressing this in a public level with their steps to improve for the next wave. They are trying to brush it under the rug and it’s only pissing people off.

I also didn’t say they have not been contacted about head replacement, I said they have not received heads yet. Which is a fact.

Would be interesting for Greggo to respond on why people who ordered direct from BCS have to wait months for replacement heads and those who ordered from Sideshow are getting them already. Also, what was with the Jan 8th announcement about heads being in stock yet no one here received one.

It’s not 99% but I have to imagine it is at least 50% as the nose rub for collectors in this thread is far more common than not having a paint rub. Certainly well above the 5% originally claimed.

Still way below 50% higher than the 5% now but not by much at all. Currently still below 10% which is still to high for our liking. But every single one is being replaced, not ignored or passed off. So I don’t know why it’s still being passed around as if it’s being ignored?

Still way below 50% higher than the 5% now but not by much at all. Currently still below 10% which is still to high for our liking. But every single one is being replaced, not ignored or passed off. So I don’t know why it’s still being passed around as if it’s being ignored?

If I understand the real issue, denuded of its hyperbole, it is that those who ordered direct from BCS feel set aside because customers who ordered from distributors have received replacement heads while those who ordered direct have yet to receive them.

I’m wondering how big cheif is actually measuring this number. Are you opening all of the boxes and making a tally and putting them in a spread sheet next to customers who complain and ask for new heads? Are you factoring in properly people like me who don’t even bother you but had ****ed up heads too? Small number or not... and I bet it’s not as small as you think. Lucky you on that by the way...

I don’t think anyone is in the position to be throwing accurate figures around I think people want to believe what they want to believe on both sides in defense of themselves.

Percentages aside a large number of these are messed up and it’s up to anyone’s discretion to see if they want to role the dice and probably get a messed up heads and wait months and months for a replacement.

Would be interesting for Greggo to respond on why people who ordered direct from BCS have to wait months for replacement heads and those who ordered from Sideshow are getting them already. Also, what was with the Jan 8th announcement about heads being in stock yet no one here received one.

Hi David because Sideshow have taken them out of thier own stock to replace them. The factory is making replacement heads as it was a factory error on some heads and they will be shipping them directly from the factory to the customers who have had the issues.

I received a reply to my email several weeks after I sent it. Keeping all of us who need a replacement head up to date would help a ton.

Last I heard a few weeks ago was that BCS was working on it.

I received a reply to my email several weeks after I sent it. Keeping all of us who need a replacement head up to date would help a ton.

Last I heard a few weeks ago was that BCS was working on it.

Everyone should have received an email about the replacement heads. I’ll chase it up to see if everyone has received it.

Thanks. I haven’t gotten a specific email with details on a replacement. I just want to know I’m on the list to get one.

If you have contacted us about an replacement head/heads you will be on the list for sure. If you are still unsure please contact support again to double check. They will look into it for you.

Back