Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Interview with Big Chief CEO Mark Andrews

If they can pad out Oddjob and Goldfinger and then tailor the suit to fit....surely they can do the same for bond...he needs to be bulked up more
Damn, really bummed they won't be making a Honey Ryder. That's the one Bond Girl I was really looking forward to getting.

I will say the new Connery sculpt looks absolutely fantastic up close though.

Agree..it looks excellent

Hi, Greggo!Could be any hope then next Bond body will be changed?Will be really shame, if second Connery outfit will have same issues in look (even with futzing), like Goldfingers 007 have, because of body...Specially about shirt collar- it needs to be above jacket from backside and shoulders needs to be wide enough.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Absolutely...just pad out the shoulders and torso...then re-tailor the suit to fit

Don’t worry that’s totally the plan Mark was mainly talking about the next waves. Some of the other movies and waves are planned as a set of 3 so it’s still happening. We will do Honey Ryder down the line at some point, the main reason why we haven’t done her yet is because we are looking into the seamless bodies and currently at the moment the research on other bodies are showing cracks and tears over time and stress tests. Not to mention you can’t really apply paint to seamless bodies with it rubbing sadly. Her most iconic look is clearly the moment she walks out the sea so we are still looking into the seamless look.

I don't mean to be rude, or to discourage you from posting here, but with all due respect, coming on here to talk about developing a seamless body for a Honey Rider figure a few waves in the future is just staggering. As a Bond fan I wish any other company had got the license except you. Everything about your products NOW is substandard except for some of the head sculpts, some of which are great and some of which are terrible. And I'll give you that the stands are OK when they work but many people would be happy with plain oval stands with a logo on it (because that tends to be what they make for themselves).

The bodies, the clothes, the paint, the oversize heads, the QC, the CS and above all the orders placed six months before the Bond line was announced that still haven't arrived are all things that I feel need to be addressed before you start posting in forums about the research you're doing on a seamless body. But that's just my opinion, which I hope I've expressed freely but respectfully.

The new LALD figs look terrific in the video... can't wait to see the Dr. No, a WORTHY villain. May pick him up as a single.

I don't mean to be rude, or to discourage you from posting here, but with all due respect, coming on here to talk about developing a seamless body for a Honey Rider figure a few waves in the future is just staggering. As a Bond fan I wish any other company had got the license except you. Everything about your products NOW is substandard e.

:rotfl

That's exactly why representatives from these companies don't come on to the forum. And unfortunately, not everyone feels the same way that you do, but then we all lose out on feedback and direct contact with the companies that create these figures.

I don't mean to be rude, or to discourage you from posting here, but with all due respect, coming on here to talk about developing a seamless body for a Honey Rider figure a few waves in the future is just staggering. As a Bond fan I wish any other company had got the license except you.

Just nasty.

I don't think there's a need to sugarcoat. I feel all of the criticism has been warranted. And I agree with Tom, I wish anyone else with the exception of Threezero or Star Ace got this license.

But they have it now, so the best we can do is be vocal. It helped a lot, because they did get the product in a far better place than their last releases, and I thought it important they knew it was noted by us. But we also need to be abundantly clear that the product is nowhere near where it should be still.

Don’t worry that’s totally the plan Mark was mainly talking about the next waves. Some of the other movies and waves are planned as a set of 3 so it’s still happening. We will do Honey Ryder down the line at some point, the main reason why we haven’t done her yet is because we are looking into the seamless bodies and currently at the moment the research on other bodies are showing cracks and tears over time and stress tests. Not to mention you can’t really apply paint to seamless bodies with it rubbing sadly. Her most iconic look is clearly the moment she walks out the sea so we are still looking into the seamless look.

Yeah I had a feeling the seamless body was the reason for the holdup on this. And I definitely wouldn't trust those silicone Phicen-style bodies to last very long or be good for a figure like this. But the lighter, more plastic seamless bodies they're coming out with now seem like they might work (like the new Pop Toys "Xing" body).

Still though, glad to hear you guys are still hoping to make a Honey Ryder at some point!

So no one is allowed to complain? I thought Tom Day was brutally honest. If that hurts feelings then so be it. Either take criticism or don't even bother coming here.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with complaining, but there's still a right way to do it I think. Especially if we want them to actually listen and make changes, and not simply dismiss us as just a handful of grumpy, hard to please collectors.

Nothing wrong with complaining, but there's still a right way to do it I think. Especially if we want them to actually listen and make changes, and not simply dismiss us as just a handful of grumpy, hard to please collectors.

Hard to please? They're charging over HT prices, they're figures should be beyonder what they put out. I think paying those prices gives people the right to be as picky as they want to be.

Hard to please? They're charging over HT prices, they're figures should be beyonder what they put out. I think paying those prices gives people the right to be as picky as they want to be.

Yes you hit the point squarely on the head. I am frustrated about these figures. I would give them a pass and put up with the "issues" if they were 160 each. These are VERY expensive figures light on accessories. Time will tell if we get many more figures because I have a strong feeling these are not moving well at all with retailers.

They aren't really charging over HT prices but since they are based here in the UK the conversion to $ makes it hard on US collectors. They are generally about £20-50 cheaper than buying a HT figure here. Welcome to our world where every HT figure we buy is well over $300 in your money. :lol

Greggo, will we definitely be getting a Jaws figure somewhere down the line? That's the villain I want more than any other!

They aren't really charging over HT prices but since they are based here in the UK the conversion to $ makes it hard on US collectors. They are generally about £20-50 cheaper than buying a HT figure here. Welcome to our world where every HT figure we buy is well over $300 in your money. :lol

Greggo, will we definitely be getting a Jaws figure somewhere down the line? That's the villain I want more than any other!

Yeah we will be doing a Jaws figure. Although I’m not sure I should say because someone might find it staggering that we are looking at other products within a line. Ha ha

DVD talks about his excellent customer service from BCS but dollars to donuts it's because he's purchased almost every BCS figure.

I think if they want to curb the frustration which is not just here by the way but everywhere including their own social media channels. Big Chief needs to issue a humbling statement. They need to accept issues of QC in the last line and ensure they are fixing the issues and need to state exactly how, I think they also need to echo some of the concerns such as the bodies or suits and identify how they will be addressing in the future.

Now on one hand I'm happy they are not like Molecule8 and spewing out a bunch of erroneous garbage, but they need to work on reassuring the collectors a bit more I think.

I remember when they sent that email out to customers explaining the delays with a progress update the negativity turned around pretty quick.

This is just my .02

Back