Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of agree with everyone here.

I think I paid roughly $215/figure plus shipping for the GF set directly from BCS. And this to me is THE Iconic Bond film, certainly my favorite. These, at 250 each, is an easy pass and... if the GF was priced at LALD rates I probably wouldn't get all three.

They should have followed up GF with something else. I would have done a Craig first. This line has already lost juice.

I kind of agree with everyone here.

I think I paid roughly $215/figure plus shipping for the GF set directly from BCS. And this to me is THE Iconic Bond film, certainly my favorite. These, at 250 each, is an easy pass and... if the GF was priced at LALD rates I probably wouldn't get all three.

They should have followed up GF with something else. I would have done a Craig first. This line has already lost juice.

I agree- it will not make it because of QC issues that hot them right out of the gate- they need to develop a high quality and proportioned body for Bond- but it's too late for GF figures. Do you really think Moore Bond will have a better body? Nope..

What a pity how this line went south so quickly.

Unlike QMX Trek, each and everyone of their release
has been a homerun .. except of course Pickard with
the ink run around the neck

Well we at least all know Yunsil is not going away
anytime soon

I do think Dr NO will help for those who want a Tux Connery and hopefully a worthy villain in Dr. NO, but still, that's taking from the earlier films and is sort of the classic single Bond figure for many -- I really think they HAVE to go Craig after that, and btw, I probably would have chosen the next Connery from Thunderball instead of Dr NO.

God help them if they even think of doing a Honey Ryder.

I don’t think it’s that the line went south. It never had a chance if you ask me and it’s completely because of who had the lisence. I can see they tired but if I were big Chief I’d just wave the white flag to be honest.

They secured a great sculptor but they can’t get past their own production issues.

Little victories here and there like an auric and oddjob that with a **** tone of work pass. They don’t shine. They pass... The thing I’m happy Came out of it most the only good roger Moore head sculpt in history. That being said, I’m sure iniguo would have done for us either way.

With the company’s track record if you put all your hope in the Connery bond and you were left disappointed you only have yourself to blame to be honest for putting your faith in them in the first place.

Yeah for all their nice talk earlier, I'm not seeing much of an improvement in quality at all over their DW or Sherlock figures. It's still the same undersized bodies, poor tailoring, and lackluster paint jobs as before.

The only thing that still keeps me interested in any of their stuff anymore are the great sculpts, but even then they always require a repaint to look their best.

A Dr No Bond is possible, if, by some luck, you can find a loose Connery head without a nose rub (Which I could easily patch with pastels.), you put it on the DID Jack figure et voila! Parts from that can be had still. It's one thing I have in mind to do.

PO'd the LaLD Bond, think it looks great. Doesn't seem to be any incentive this time for going with the payment plan, so just stuck with the deposit route. Looks like it will cost roughly the same as the Goldfinger Bond, so no issue with the price for me.

Didn't even know the LaLD figures had gone up for PO though...seems like something they would email us about :dunno

Pics on Facebook show Connery in a tux . EC8D341F-64E9-410A-9F6D-D7D595C7BEAC.jpeg

Yeah for all their nice talk earlier, I'm not seeing much of an improvement in quality at all over their DW or Sherlock figures. It's still the same undersized bodies, poor tailoring, and lackluster paint jobs as before.

The only thing that still keeps me interested in any of their stuff anymore are the great sculpts, but even then they always require a repaint to look their best.

You said it all in the second sentence of your post!

I’m going to go on record by saying getting the current goldfinger head and the toys city tux is by far a more high quality looking and considerably more cost effective dr no Connery Bond than anything you will ever get from big Chief. Even with the different pompadour. And you can have it now

I’m going to go on record by saying getting the current goldfinger head and the toys city tux is by far a more high quality looking and considerably more cost effective dr no Connery Bond than anything you will ever get from big Chief. Even with the different pompadour. And you can have it now
But how about end of sleeves?Dr.no tux had some special style, no?)And, Ray- pms sent ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

I don't really see what warrants BCS charging HT prices, in some cases above HT prices, apart from they have the licence, quality wise you can get under £100 figures of equal or even better quality, in sculpt, paint app, accessories etc. Maybe BCS are more limited in number made in each run compared to HT but who knows?

The above suit doesn't even look close to a Pop Toys £25 set, imo.
PT0043-2T.jpg

Last edited:
27459024_10155537749798772_109704862753091524_n.jpg

Photo via Facebook © by Simon Gardner

Having blown that photo up on my laptop I would say the outfit just doesn't look as nice as the Dragon Piers Brosnan outfit, head looks too big and the expression looks too 'surprised' on an otherwise excellent sculpt.

What is the point of this line? I'd be all over this if we could at least get some good Bond figures out of it, but what we're saying is pretty substandard. I guess if you have more money than me you'll welcome any new Bond figures for what can be used from them, but while I have collected like that in the past, now I just want a more or less satisfactory figure in a box for £230 plus shipping that won't require a repaint, a new body and/or new clothes, and most probably some of it will need replacing which will take four months minimum. I have a wish list of figures and on it is 'High-end Connery Bond in a grey suit... Yet there isn't one on the market that is feel comfortable buying even though this was released three months ago!!!!!!!!

It's not the head that's over-scaled...but the under-scaled body. They really need to re-tool it...especially the narrow shoulders...which for me kill the overall look...Remember Connery was a body builder not a stick insect!
If they can't re-tool it they should at least add some padding and then re-tailor the suit/tux to fit...
View attachment 391741

Back