Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really wish I could have my replacement heads now like Sideshow is providing... rather than waiting another month or two.

But I guess if you're paying Sideshow's price, then you should expect certain benefits.

And the benefit of early replacement parts is making me rethink saving $40 on the set this time around.

Really wish I could have my replacement heads now like Sideshow is providing... rather than waiting another month or two.

But I guess if you're paying Sideshow's price, then you should expect certain benefits.

And the benefit of early replacement parts is making me rethink saving $40 on the set this time around.

Buying directly from the source should be getting that kind of service! If you buy a Sideshow item from Sideshow, you expect that kind of service. If you buy directly from BCS for a BCS item, you should be getting that kind of service from them too. Instead they let one of their retail buyers get the only batch of replacements? That is ludicrous! We are being punished for buying direct. Poor treatment is the real exclusive here.

Guys, if someone wants to through away his bc Bond body, I need one for other custom for friendly price ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm definitely confused by the price. Conversion rate changes all the time. It also says save 'Additional £30' so it that per figure if you pay in full again? That's another $42 off.

The price for each figure is £209.99. To buy all three it would cost £629.97 if they were the individual figures that were ordered, but if you buy the three together in the bundle it's £599.97, saving £30 (so £10 on each figure).

They are going to raise the pre-order price to £229.99 per figure at the end of March (similar to what they did with the Goldfinger wave at New Year).

Guys, if someone wants to through away his bc Bond body, I need one for other custom for friendly price ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Having seen the figure in hand I didn't think the body was tall enough for Sean Connery. The problem is that the suit is made for that body and wouldn't fit a taller one. If a few more 3rd party outfits were available cheaply for a Connery Bond then I suspect a few customisers would fancy ditching the existing body.

You'll have to wait and see what happens

The price for each figure is £209.99. To buy all three it would cost £629.97 if they were the individual figures that were ordered, but if you buy the three together in the bundle it's £599.97, saving £30 (so £10 on each figure).

They are going to raise the pre-order price to £229.99 per figure at the end of March (similar to what they did with the Goldfinger wave at New Year).

Succinct. Thank you.

So I did finally catch up and if I read correctly the best price is £174.99 Excl. Tax for each figure which is $247 (according to today's exchange rate).

I'm afraid that prices me out of "Live and Let Die".

What's happened to the dollar? I paid approx. $209 per figure with the Goldfinger set a year ago. I would have hoped for the same or better pricing on "Live and Let Die".

I’m afraid the line is now dead because of Nosegate and the lackluster follow up of LaLD set with higher prices. I had hoped to update my Jaws, but it’s not looking very good at all right now for him getting made. Who knows if that Dr No Bond even sees the light of day now. The Baron was the only one that interested me in this wave and he just isn’t a $250+ shipping figure.

"Nosegate" :lol

I really wasn't bothered by the nose rub initially as Greggo promised to get it fixed and I believe him. But I must say the fact that Sideshow already has replacement heads while us early-adopters simply received emails stating that we have to wait until March to receive our replacements doesn't sit well with me. I'm patient, but I appreciate fairness.

Regarding the new set, I hope BCS can offer coupons or deals in the future to previous customers. Even a 'free shipping' period could help pricewise.

If not, its wait-and-see and then ebay in a year's time.

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind adding the Baron as he was also a figure Sideshow never did like Goldfinger himself, but the current price and hassle of dealing with BCS directly isn’t putting me in any rush to get him. If I never do, I’ll live. He is certainly not a must have villain by any stretch. But that is how I feel about this whole wave I guess. Just not the best Moore film IMO. The Spy Who Loved Me or Man With the Golden Gun have a lot more appeal to me. Jaws, Scaramanga, and even Nick Nack would have been villains I’d prefer to have and get updates of.

I really do want this line to continue and do well, but the way it’s been handled just isn’t sitting well with me. :(

I can only imagine it was EON's call to approve Live And Let Die for 2nd release. Anyone familiar with the Bond franchise would equate Moore's best movie (Spy Who Loved Me) with Connery's best (Goldfinger). The blue color and everything about SWLM would also compliment (in contrast) the golds of Goldfinger.

Perhaps the body for Jaws was just too daunting for BCS at this stage, too early. It's the only other thing I can think of as to why you wouldn't present Moore best after Connery's.

Companies (like Asmus) have promised a certain "line-up" when they start out... but that changes (i.e. Gimli). Perhaps we'll get lucky and the proposed line-up for Bond with Dalton coming way-too-soon (IMO) will change and we'll be pleasantly surprised by the next offerings.

"Spy Who Loved Me" would be hard to resist, even at BCS's current pricing.

Last edited:
The fact is these are not worth $250 US retail price(or above). They are not Ht quality plus the fact they are simply costumed human figures with no special engineering or tooling (like a Batman or IM figure). Short on accessories and that base isn't good enough to account for all that cost. In my opnion that is what is killing this line- if these were 180-200 or so that would be far more acceptable.

As they say, the market will quickly decide if this pricing works or doesn't.

If they're going to "test" the market, I'm glad they're doing it on a Bond movie I don't care much about rather than one I do.

In truth, the only figure from this movie that I really like and want is Solitaire. But I'm confident that when she's released I will be able to get one at a more reasonable price. I've been doing that with HT figures for years successfully.

I truly want to support this line, and BCS for getting old Bond back to market... but with less popular characters pricing will always decide.

As they say, the market will quickly decide if this pricing works or doesn't.

If they're going to "test" the market, I'm glad they're doing it on a Bond movie I don't care much about rather than one I do.

In truth, the only figure from this movie that I really like and want is Solitaire. But I'm confident that when she's released I will be able to get one at a more reasonable price. I've been doing that with HT figures for years successfully.

I truly want to support this line, and BCS for getting old Bond back to market... but with less popular characters pricing will always decide.

It's a niche market- these aren't going to sell anywhere near the numbers of a Batman or Iron Man. I think the pricing may put off the few Bond fans who are interested in these.It comes down to do you want to pay for what you get- and OJ and GF are decent(barring the nose problems) but Bond is the poorest overall. That is the one figure most would buy and that's a bad start to the line. Asking for a second chance with the next Connery is wishful thinking on that.

Isn’t Baron S on a new body for BCS? I can’t imagine a taller body for Jaws would have been anymore challenging then a nearly nude one.

That's probably true. But what's done is done.

Like I said, if I'm going to lose out on some Bond figures, at least its only 'Live And Let Die'.

I still enjoy my Tee Hee from Sideshow circa the turn of the century (literally) :lol

It's just the gutpunch of the year for me after paying Bond off and for him to sit there in the box with his ****ed up nose and loose body.

I think they chose LALD because they've got this idea that people will buy the less popular figures first then buy the ones they really want anyway. It only works when the line is amazing, otherwise it kills it.

No interest in LALD so I'm going to Live And Not Buy for that one.

As for the tux Connery I'm afraid the sheer lack of enjoyment I'm seeing here makes me think 'Dr No Way' for that one.

I think all the Bonds would look gr8 in a Tux, its kind of the signature look of the character, whoever has played Bond has appeared in a tux at various times, I don't really mind BCS no making a tux version yet, as I still think their tailoring is a little suspect and I'm sure a 3rd party company could come through with a nice tux.
The thing is Bond always appeared immaculately turned out the Savile Row suits tailor made means the bar is set really high to make his outfit in 1/6 look something special.

Back