Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I am lost without my Boswell"

But when given the change to buy seperately, would only go after Sherlock.
Otherwise buy the set and keep them both.

Can not wait!

And which phone should they include? The Crackberry from Series 1 or the iPhone 4 from Series 2? I vote for the Crackberry, as 1:6 iPhones already exist and so can be added to one's Sherlock stash at a later date. Skulls do too, so I wouldn't need one of those with the set. Not sure about other indispensables. I shall give it some thought.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-1-6-Accessories-Cell-Phone-Mobile-Toys-Smart-Phone-CS012D-/350686720001?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item51a68eb001

You can tell I am frittering away my day off by window-shopping on feeBay, can't you?

These are expensive figures and there would have to be some pretty major incentive to splash out all that money at once by buying both at the same time. And more than the shipping cost of a figure within the UK (for me).

I am not a numbered-LE-keep-it-mint-in-box-type collector, so those options would have no appeal to me. However, if buying both as a set knocked a sizeable chunk off the price of buying them separately, then I would seriously consider that.

At the moment, with the prices as they are likely to be, I am torn. I would love both, but can't afford them. So, I could just buy a Sherlock, but what is a Sherlock without a Watson? So then I don't buy either.

It is almost an argument for selling the set together first, so that those who have to be the first kids on the block to have something new have a reason to buy. Then staggering the sales of the two, individual figures to give people who need to save up (like me) a chance to stabilise their bank accounts between releases and get both.

I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as you. It would really depend on when these guys would hit and what other figures are shipping at the same time. Otherwise at those prices I may have to just get Sherlock. :(

Wish they were around 300 a set. Would've jumped on them. I was really looking to get these. I'm afraid 400-500 throws me off the game. May have to settle with just Holmes. :|

Sculpts look top notch.

Not really sure this series translates into wanting collectibles for me, but hope they come out awesome for those that do.

Too bad the BBC Robin Hood isn't still going on, would like a figure or 2 from that.

Thought both sculpts were fantastic when I saw the FB pics! Can't wait to see how they turn out. I'd love to get them both too - despite not being a fan of Cumberbatch, I do like Sherlock as a character!

Personally I'm hoping for Moriarty. Andrew Scott is fab. :)

(Oh, if we're talking about wants for other BBC shows? Merlin, please. ;))

I'd love a series of BBC comedy figures from BC - Eric and Ern, Fletcher from Porridge, Only Fools, Basil Fawlty (with branch accessory for thrashing his car). I could see them selling them in magazine adverts to pensioners on easy terms!

As for Sherlock, an Irene and Moriarty twopack is a must.

See I am not at all interested in them, but for $300 for the pair I would be tempted.

You would pay $300 for something you are not interested in? :horror Here, I have this half-eaten pork pie. What will you give me for that?

I think that a discount on buying both at the same time has to be the way forwards and c£200 would be a doable price for many people. I am not sure how many Watsons they would sell otherwise. In the current economic climate, we are all having to prioritise.

Back