Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 4) David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pictures are right above your post! Must have posted close to the same time. Was there a special edition that came with the 3 adipose and river songs book or am I just missing those?

Yeah, I started typing before your post went up; and then I saw your pictures right after my post went live. :slap

There was a preorder bonus/exclusive with River's diary and sonic screwdriver, plus two adipose figures. As I've heard (and found out), these bonuses don't always automatically appear in your account and require contacting customer service to have them added. It wasn't limited to a certain number of orders, so I wonder if you could contact Big Chief to have it sent out since you preordered the figure.

After taking a couple of pictures its surprising how much nicer this new figure is. The sculpt doesn't photograph all that well (as I find with most big Chief stuff) but comparing to the old one is night and day. The taloring is much better on the new one. The head is a bit bigger but I think it's mostly due to the tighter tailoring. I hope I can get this head parted out so I can upgrade my original 10.

20151106_212207-1_zpsntqbhbgl.jpg

Great picture of the two! How is the paint on the sculpt? Is it flat, or is there a decent amount of detail/shading on there? The likeness is certainly showing through in your pictures though. And since you mentioned upgrading the old head, did you try the swapping the new head onto the old body?

First 500 purchases who paid in full or are on a payment plan received the bonus items you mentioned.

When I checked a couple weeks ago, it was still listed in the item description as an exclusive for preorders (in full) or payment plan purchases; there wasn't a limit to the first 500 customers. But that may well have been different from how it was worded when it first went up for sale.

The paint is much better in person then the pictures show for sure. There is some depth to it but not hot toys level. It's similar to the 7b 12 doctor paint apps. They are much nicer then the first 10 for sure.

Thanks for the info about the pre order as well. I figured it was something like that but I wasn't sure because the packaging still has the spots for them.

I didn't try a body swap yet but I'll do it now.

Thats what I figured. I just wanted to check. Thanks.
No problem; I would check with BCS though, as skizzoid makes a point below.
When I checked a couple weeks ago, it was still listed in the item description as an exclusive for preorders (in full) or payment plan purchases; there wasn't a limit to the first 500 customers. But that may well have been different from how it was worded when it first went up for sale.
You're right, it doesn't specify. I didn't notice that. At the same time though BCS never takes that down even if they are out of incentive items, which is a little misleading. So I guess it's still up in the air?

I ordered last Tuesday so I think I'm out of the window. It's not a problem it was just weird it had the empty spots in the tray.

Here is the head swap. Looks pretty good I think. If someone parts this out I'm going to grab a head and second red shirt to make a Planet of the Ood look.
20151106_221809-1_zpsyrtfphux.jpg

I ordered last Tuesday so I think I'm out of the window. It's not a problem it was just weird it had the empty spots in the tray.

Here is the head swap. Looks pretty good I think. If someone parts this out I'm going to grab a head and second red shirt to make a Planet of the Ood look.
20151106_221809-1_zpsyrtfphux.jpg

That looks pretty fantastic! And thanks for the reply about the paint apps! I unfortunately don't have either the 10 or 12 figure to compare to, but as long as it looks good in person, that's good to hear.

As far as the exclusives, I think it was still showing up on the site for me last Tuesday, but I could be wrong (the switch happened somewhere in the middle of last week). I have noticed that some recent exclusive items have appeared for sale separately from BCS (e.g., Handles, Weeping Angels cherub), so there may be some excess stock (I'm actually hoping for it for when I order this figure). If you want them, it couldn't hurt to see if BCS will ship them to you.

That looks pretty fantastic! And thanks for the reply about the paint apps! I unfortunately don't have either the 10 or 12 figure to compare to, but as long as it looks good in person, that's good to hear.

As far as the exclusives, I think it was still showing up on the site for me last Tuesday, but I could be wrong (the switch happened somewhere in the middle of last week). I have noticed that some recent exclusive items have appeared for sale separately from BCS (e.g., Handles, Weeping Angels cherub), so there may be some excess stock (I'm actually hoping for it for when I order this figure). If you want them, it couldn't hurt to see if BCS will ship them to you.

I might see what they say. I'm not overly worried about it though.

I meant to say 11 from 7b. Typing in a phone is hard sometimes.

JDM, thanks for the pictures! The figure's looking nicer than I expected, but does the paint on the head look a bit soft?

Seconded! I almost preordered this, but I wasn't sure how the paint or tailoring would turn out (I've only bought Hot Toys figures). And I didn't want to jump in for two figures (9 and this 10) if I had doubts about the quality (given that the price is higher than HT). In any event, I look forward to seeing more pictures! (my wallet, on the other hand, not so much...)

I haven't opened my new figure yet but based on the new 4th Doctor head, the new 11th Doctor and 1st Doctor Big Chiefs paint jobs are very good. Not quite Hot Toys quality since I consider that their strongest point but certainly above Sideshow quality. I think you'll be pretty happy with work.

I might see what they say. I'm not overly worried about it though.

I meant to say 11 from 7b. Typing in a phone is hard sometimes.

There was a 12 head that came with the 11 from series 7, so you weren't too far off. ;)

I haven't opened my new figure yet but based on the new 4th Doctor head, the new 11th Doctor and 1st Doctor Big Chiefs paint jobs are very good. Not quite Hot Toys quality since I consider that their strongest point but certainly above Sideshow quality. I think you'll be pretty happy with work.

Thanks for the feedback! Hot Toys was my first foray into 1/6 scale figures, so I started a bit spoiled by paint apps. But this sounds promising for the 9th Doctor I have on preorder (and this figure, which I will almost inevitably pick up too).

Still no tracking or email on my 10 despite the Big Chief website saying he shipped out on 2 November. Maybe I should contact them...

Mine says the same, had nothing yet, plus the tracking link on my account page doesn't work!! :lol Didn't get a shipping email for Twelve though either so I am hoping that it will just 'turn up' on Monday or early next week.

After taking a couple of pictures its surprising how much nicer this new figure is. The sculpt doesn't photograph all that well (as I find with most big Chief stuff) but comparing to the old one is night and day. The taloring is much better on the new one. The head is a bit bigger but I think it's mostly due to the tighter tailoring. I hope I can get this head parted out so I can upgrade my original 10.

Wonderful photos!!! :rock

For anyone that may mot be aware, one of the nice folks from Big Chief Studios mentioned that they will soon be offering an Adipose 3 Pack directly from the BCS website sometime after the upcoming November UK Dr. Who Cons.

Adipose Set.jpg

For anyone that may mot be aware, one of the nice folks from Big Chief Studios mentioned that they will soon be offering an Adipose 3 Pack directly from the BCS website sometime after the upcoming November UK Dr. Who Cons.

View attachment 221892
And the price will be outrageous. I mean it's nice for those who missed it though. Have you seen how much they are selling extra pre-order incentives like handles for?

And the price will be outrageous. I mean it's nice for those who missed it though. Have you seen how much they are selling extra pre-order incentives like handles for?

handles is 54 at BBTS, has LED inside so im not too shocked at the price really. curious, what do you think would be a more appropriate price?

handles is 54 at BBTS, has LED inside so im not too shocked at the price really. curious, what do you think would be a more appropriate price?
You pose a good question. I think $54 bucks is too much. Is handles nicely made? Yes. But I can't see many people going out and spending over $60 with shipping to buy him on top of the cost of the figure. Reasonably, I would say mid $30s at most, because that effectively is the cost of shipping had they preordered through BCS.

As far as the set of 3 adipose go, I can only hope they don't exceed $20.

They already stated the cost will be £10.00 for the set which is very reasonable.

Received my 2nd Big Chief Studios figure today after getting the Peter Calpaldi 12th Doctor last week - which is really good. This is the new 10th Doctor David Tennant Season 4 version. The accessories, clothing (not quite HT standard but still very impressive) and HS are all pretty good. What lets it down is the really bad paint application on the HS, it's so flat and lifeless and looks so different to the Calpaldi paint App. I have booked it in the get repainted straight away as I want to collect the line. Just disappointed I have to spend more money get it it up to a good standard.

538C9639.jpg

Received my 2nd Big Chief Studios figure today after getting the Peter Calpaldi 12th Doctor last week - which is really good. This is the new 10th Doctor David Tennant Season 4 version. The accessories, clothing (not quite HT standard but still very impressive) and HS are all pretty good. What lets it down is the really bad paint application on the HS, it's so flat and lifeless and looks so different to the Calpaldi paint App. I have booked it in the get repainted straight away as I want to collect the line. Just disappointed I have to spend more money get it it up to a good standard.

Interesting given your pic is one of the best of the head sculpt I've seen.

Thanks dude, like I said I really like it aprt from the paint App, I'm a bit late to the party on these figures and will get the others doctors for sure.

So I am bit confused . I ordered my Tennant on March 5 but it never said in the order about the bonus .

I was going to email them on it but never got around to it .

Wondering should I be worried . Or are there others here who had the same issue but received the bonus stuff even though it never showed on their order .

Back