Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 4) David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally arrived and I'm very impressed , the accessories are first class and the head sculpt looks so much better in person , here's a quick and Dirty picture straight out of the box

Slightly better picture now , tried to get in the accessories but didn't realise it cut the bottom of the photo off !

Couple things I've noticed if I'm nitpicking , the blue paint on the closed sonic has blobbed over onto the silver head section , open sonic is fine.

I noticed some paint had clumped up on the table and seems it's came off a little bit if the shoe

The glasses are near enough unusable on the head , they are way to long and way to tight so risk damaging the paint and stick out back the back of the head at a weird angle

None of this detracts from it being an amazing piece though ! The base ,backdrop and accessories all come together brilliantly

Still no tracking or email on my 10 despite the Big Chief website saying he shipped out on 2 November. Maybe I should contact them...

I know it needs some futzing around and I know the pics are just phone pics but to me it looks kind of doll-ish the head looks a little too big in contrast with the body. I haven't paid my shipping yet but I will wait to see more pics.

also noticed the bigger head when i saw a pic of this new one next to original released ten.

anyone with both can you confirm? may have been just the angle of pics.

still want one of these badly, ordered 12th Doc couple days ago but super tempted to get this ten also. paint on this sculpt is much better than the original, looks way more like tennant to me. wondering what the original sculpt would look with repaint to match this.

damn if I decide to cancel this order they will keep $115 of a $225 figure :thud:. if you compare the figure to the pic on my signature it looks different.

i got an email from my dad saying he'd posted a couple of packages last week, so I'm expecting mine to arrive a week Monday.

I got mine today and I didn't notice the head looking big. I have to put my kid to bed but after I'm gonna take some pics. Any pictures anyone wants? I have the first 10 and series 7b 11

take as many as you can ! coat off and on lol. Im worried about this figure this was one of my grails and I live outside continental US so the shipping is like $53 USD and I dont know if I cancel it they will charge more than the NRD.

After taking a couple of pictures its surprising how much nicer this new figure is. The sculpt doesn't photograph all that well (as I find with most big Chief stuff) but comparing to the old one is night and day. The taloring is much better on the new one. The head is a bit bigger but I think it's mostly due to the tighter tailoring. I hope I can get this head parted out so I can upgrade my original 10.

20151106_213825-1_zpscloydilc.jpg

20151106_214129-1_zpsi6vzmk3c.jpg

20151106_214515_zpss5t5t7mp.jpg

20151106_214739-1_zpsfi2ovakm.jpg

20151106_214815-1_zpsa625mzgx.jpg

20151106_211212-1_zpsclhryxj3.jpg

20151106_212207-1_zpsntqbhbgl.jpg

JDM, thanks for the pictures! The figure's looking nicer than I expected, but does the paint on the head look a bit soft?

take as many as you can ! coat off and on lol. Im worried about this figure this was one of my grails and I live outside continental US so the shipping is like $53 USD and I dont know if I cancel it they will charge more than the NRD.

Seconded! I almost preordered this, but I wasn't sure how the paint or tailoring would turn out (I've only bought Hot Toys figures). And I didn't want to jump in for two figures (9 and this 10) if I had doubts about the quality (given that the price is higher than HT). In any event, I look forward to seeing more pictures! (my wallet, on the other hand, not so much...)

The pictures are right above your post! Must have posted close to the same time. Was there a special edition that came with the 3 adipose and river songs book or am I just missing those?

The pictures are right above your post! Must have posted close to the same time. Was there a special edition that came with the 3 adipose and river songs book or am I just missing those?
First 500 purchases who paid in full or are on a payment plan received the bonus items you mentioned.

Back