Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 4) David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally broke down and ordered this. I was happy enough with my original Tennant figure, but that blue suit just looks so much cooler and should make it stand out a whole lot better on my shelf.

Still debating whether to sell my original figure, but I'll probably at least wait until the new one arrives so I can compare the two.

Finally broke down and ordered this. I was happy enough with my original Tennant figure, but that blue suit just looks so much cooler and should make it stand out a whole lot better on my shelf.

Still debating whether to sell my original figure, but I'll probably at least wait until the new one arrives so I can compare the two.

I'm keeping both. Love both headsculpts. The blue suit does look awesome and is what sealed the deal on 10.2 for me. Will display him with the blue suit and the original in the coat.

^ Yeah that's a possibility. Although I think I might do the reverse, since for whatever reason I like the blue suit/coat combo a lot better than the brown suit/coat.

Of course another idea is to make a copy of the new headsculpt, give him his 50th anniversary hairstyle, and put it on the brown suit for the 50th anniversary Tenth Doctor...

I think different suits, different head sculpts, one wearing the coat, one wearing glasses, and that both will be in different poses is enough justification to having both Tens in my collection. Likewise for Eleven for similar reasons.

But I do wish they'd at least announce the next (hopefully classic era) Doctor soon...

Wasn't really interested in this at at all ....but I love the sculpt hair, blue suit, red sneakers .....

Still don't know why BCS specialize in blank, stunned expressions though.

It's the same problem the Sideshow Hoth figures are having right now-- if the eyes were simply looking up a bit more, the expression would probably look a lot more natural and less stunned.

Full front the eyes look fishy but posing it well looks awesome. I probably pose him with the 3D or the regular glasses.
10941128_10153725866071002_2677856115241498902_n.jpg

Also I was searching for some reviews of the other big chief figures and found this video, for those who haven't seen it.

I think different suits, different head sculpts, one wearing the coat, one wearing glasses, and that both will be in different poses is enough justification to having both Tens in my collection. Likewise for Eleven for similar reasons.

But I do wish they'd at least announce the next (hopefully classic era) Doctor soon...

I think so too, I was going to limit myself to only one version of each Doctor, but I just couldn't after seeing this figure :slap Too nice a figure to turn down!

And yes, I too am hoping for the next one to be a Classic Doctor :pray:

In that video posted, there were reference pics for the 6th doc by the oven. I imagine he would be pretty challenging to make

I just ordered mine. I missed version 1, so I'm super pleased to have another chance to get Ten directly from Big Chief, especially since I much prefer the blue suit version. Although not so much the purple shirt :lol but at least that's the easiest clothing item to replace.

In that video posted, there were reference pics for the 6th doc by the oven. I imagine he would be pretty challenging to make

As much as I'd personally love to see a Sixth Doctor sooner, rather than later, particularly while Colin is still with us and in good health (really can't see any of the remaining classic Doctors being an issue as far as signed editions go, eithr), I believe those were actually related to the defunct Titan minibust range. Or so was said at the time, if I recall correctly.

And yes, I too am hoping for the next one to be a Classic Doctor :pray:

I really want the next one to be McCoy (but I have a horrible feeling that the line might end before BCS get to him, knowing my luck, right before due to "lack of interest" in McCoy). Though I would also be interested in Troughton & Pertwee figures. When the series 7 Smith lands, I will pick up one of those, too. Same with Capaldi.

I could be wrong, but I think they will do Christopher Eccleston next. It's the 10th anniversary of the return and that would finish off the current series Doctors.

I really want the next one to be McCoy (but I have a horrible feeling that the line might end before BCS get to him, knowing my luck, right before due to "lack of interest" in McCoy). Though I would also be interested in Troughton & Pertwee figures. When the series 7 Smith lands, I will pick up one of those, too. Same with Capaldi.

Hope not!! I do think McCoy's Doctor would make for a very good figure - I would definitely buy it (but I want them all anyway :lol ). It could be that they just do a lower edition size or something for the Doctors that they think are less popular.

I could be wrong, but I think they will do Christopher Eccleston next. It's the 10th anniversary of the return and that would finish off the current series Doctors.

I think you are probably right - having him next would make the most sense. :) BCS will get my money though regardless of whichever Doctor they do next!! :slap

Back