Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 4) David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 2/3) David Tennant

Definitely. I'm 99% sure I'm ordering this in a few hours. I'll be happy to have both 10's.

Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 2/3) David Tennant

I highly doubt they're going to sell out immediately anyway so I don't see the need to rush to preorder this first thing.

Very likely true, but personally I just like to get my order guaranteed and squared away as soon as possible on things that I know I want, and then I don't have to worry about it again until it ships.

I don't think any of the figures sold out on night of pre-order except maybe the signature edition of the first 10th Doctor .
I think this particular figure will sell out sooner rather than later tho.
Of course, there's the sort of excitement ( if you can call it that) of the purchase.

If I recall correctly, Signature Matt sold out day of, once they got the early website issues sorted, and put it up at a new day and time. And signature David sold out in a made crazed rush, inside of 20 minutes, despite website issues related to server load capacity problems. In fact they had to raise the signature edition size for him from the original 250 up to 300 in order to deal with all the orders that got in, rather than anyone missing out whose order was accepted due to website issues, when the run should have already had already been fully assigned before it cut off (not to mention all the duplicate orders that also had to be sorted out and removed). I don't recall how long the signature Tom lasted, but I do recall not having too many issues ordering him. At least compared against the previous two.

As for signature Karen, well...

As this isn't a signature edition, I imagine it'll be easy enough to grab. Though I still expect it to sell through faster than any of their other (non signature) releases, too. Just how fast will depend on the edition size, I'd say.

I really do wish they'd learn to photograph their figures more flatteringly, as such things are especially important in capturing first time buyers who may be on the fence over whether to buy or not (after all, this stuff is expensive, so it can be a big first step to take for a lot of folk). And, as always, from a selfish point of view, I want all their releases to do well so we can continue to see yet more of the Doctors made in future.

I was there for all of them and was so frustrated with the lack of response in the beginning. So glad that's all sorted out.
Although I have my sad taking care if this pre-order, I'm sure I'll be up n awake to confirm that it's done properly.

The problems of the past do, largely, seem to be behind them, so hopefully that trend will continue.

Wow, 2000? Yeah, definitely don't feel the need to rush and PO any time soon :lol

An edition size of 2000 means they expect this to sell very well. Good for Big Chief. They deserve the sales and hopefully this means the range is doing well enough that we'll see the rest of the Doctors as well.

They probably want to still have some in stock for when Ten's TARDIS comes along as well...

site appears to be down?

edit: back up and preorder placed

Yeah, had a hiccup with the site too. All ordered now. Can't wait. Only two more payments for 11 also. lol

Pre-ordered and paid for!! :rock :yess:

Ordered and payment plan set. I was on the site as it went live, bit of a slowdown, but it picked right back up. They definitely had their stuff together for this release, as I not only immediately had my bonus items added to my cart (unlike the lovely Handles debacle), but I also received a 'thank you' email from BCS themselves.

Yeah, other than a slight server load hiccup for a moment there, everything went as smoothly as one could hope for on my end. So it seems like they've got things nicely streamlined at this point.

It will be interesting to see how the sales go, given the edition size and the way the going rate for the first version has climbed on the secondary market.

Indeed. Maybe Big Chief will turn into 'the house that Ten built'... :lol

I hope they sell every one of them, as every thing that brings us closer to getting the other Doctors all made eventually is nothing but a good thing.

Indeed. Maybe Big Chief will turn into 'the house that Ten built'... :lol

I hope they sell every one of them, as every thing that brings us closer to getting the other Doctors all made eventually is nothing but a good thing.

:exactly: :goodpost: I agree!!

Got up at an ungodly hour and blearily noticed ES of 2,000 and wandered back to bed. Got up at a more reasonable time and... order placed and paid for.

Not a fan of most of the professional pics. Looks very waxy and shiny. If I hadn't seen the "natural" pics from their fair display I might have hesitated. Looking forward to displaying this one in the blue suit with the brown suit version in trench coat.

I'd say bring on the 10 Tardis but these things are expensive and I think I need a bit of time to recover. Especially with all the sideshow stuff imminently looming now the dock strike has been resolved.

Forgot this was up today. Just ordered it. The nice long payment plan until September made it easier to just pull the trigger.

Said I wasn't gonna, but since it's got a payment option through September, I caved. I'm big chief's ***** haha

Back