Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So not that I recommend it or support giving this non-company more money, but it looks like their in-stock items can't be accessed now either. Usually the very first step is to do a deep clearance. So since they've already *had* some sales prior to this it does suggest this has been known behind the scenes for a while and they're now in the process of wiping the board. If you still have access to your orders, I'd advise doing some screenshots or page printing while you still can.

So do we fill out that attached form at the end of the letter to try and get our money back?
If disputing them with your bank/paypal is still an option for you, they recommend doing that immediately. The company is no longer operating and therefore cannot process refunds, so a dispute is the best way to get your money back. The form is the only option if your charges are already beyond the dispute period like mine are, which were paid over a year ago. Both my credit card and paypal have a 180 day dispute limit.

This third party firm will liquidate all assets and sell off anything left in their warehouses to other companies in an attempt to pay down Big Chief's debts. That form is used to register debt owed to you by Big Chief. Certain types and amounts of debts may receive priority.
Unfortunately, the average customer is probably last on the list of priority to pay off because they're more concerned with preventing a domino effect with other businesses who may be owed hefty sums. And the nature of being declared insolvent is that the company and all its assets are still worth less than their debts. Meaning that it's unlikely all debts will be repaid. It's basically the job of this firm to minimize the damage caused by their failure and collapse, few will make it out unscathed.

But hey, fingers crossed for all of us here! Here's hoping we get something. We'll have to wait and see how they distribute the corpse of the big chief.

Last edited:
Deal with the Liquidators, In truth Big Chief could have warned us and we could have recouped our money. Instead of funding the directors lifestyles.

I WILL NEVER EVER ORDER A PREORDER AGAIN

I may stop collecting completely. Let these businesses fold. I'd planned to end my collection with 2 distinct pieces.
It's too expensive a hobby now. And perhaps it's time has come to die.
We, will never see a penny from them and they knew MONTHS and MONTHS ago things were going Kaput. And didn't warn us, Basically the money has gone,

I am Truly disgusted that they lied to us all, all the way along. I'm glad they've gone Bust.

So not that I recommend it or support giving this non-company more money, but it looks like their in-stock items can't be accessed now either. Usually the very first step is to do a deep clearance. So since they've already *had* some sales prior to this it does suggest this has been known behind the scenes for a while and they're now in the process of wiping the board. If you still have access to your orders, I'd advise doing some screenshots or page printing while you still can.
Yeah, I capped all that the second I heard about it

Finally the pieces of the puzzle are falling in place all the way back to that completely sus Zavvi release. Why bother with QC and value if your company is likely going to go belly up in just a few short months?

Deal with the Liquidators, In truth Big Chief could have warned us and we could have recouped our money. Instead of funding the directors lifestyles.

I WILL NEVER EVER ORDER A PREORDER AGAIN

I may stop collecting completely. Let these businesses fold. I'd planned to end my collection with 2 distinct pieces.
It's too expensive a hobby now. And perhaps it's time has come to die.
We, will never see a penny from them and they knew MONTHS and MONTHS ago things were going Kaput. And didn't warn us, Basically the money has gone,

I am Truly disgusted that they lied to us all, all the way along. I'm glad they've gone Bust.
Feeling likewise.

Can someone give a tl;dr of what I'm supposed to do with this PDF file I was sent? Looks like I got one for each preorder

Crazy news, although not terribly surprising. Unfortunately, much like with Trek and Exo-6, I don't see any other 1/6 companies wanting to take a risk on DW, since it's a pretty niche thing that only a handful of collectors are interested in.

I'm sure someone else will grab Bond though, so at least we'll have that.

Last edited:
I’m pretty salty myself. Im out $300 for the new fourth doctor figure that just kept getting pushed and pushed back. My credit card also has a time limit. Let the lesson be that a preorder that's longer than a year isn't wortgbordering as it leaves us with no protection. If you guys find out some other way to get a refund I'm all ears though. Good luck to all.

What kills me is I spoke to a guy several times at BCS. I had promoted them with my Laurel and Hardy fan group for their various items. I ordered their L&H bank and when it came with a wonky wheel they sent me a second one at no charge. I was considering that Definitive 4th Doctor.

And now this.

I'm fighting like a dog to get my money back, about $478 USD.

💆‍♂️🤦‍♂️ maaaaan.....its genuinely frustrating seeing posts like these. I love how you post crap like "Tom figure BETTER appear" and the fact you're withdrawing pre order funds on a "GUESS" or whatever crazy theory you may have cooked up in your own head. Yet somehow still expect these companies to produce figures while you're literally pulling the carpet out from under them.

I wonder if you realise that these companies rely on pre order funds to produce these figures we all love so much. It's not like they have a benefactor or some sort of backlog of cash they stash away to pay the factories in china to produce them.
The most rational explanation for the generous sales they're putting on would be that, the company needs funds to produce, market and advertise the next lot of figures due to release. Impatient people who concoct their own crazy rumors and somehow end up believing them are the most frustrating part about this hobby. You somehow expect the 4th definitive to come out while bagging on the company for providing you with great sales 🤦‍♂️. Geez I'm not Big Chiefs number one fan or anything but start thinking rationally for once.
Well this aged poorly

If anyone is lucky enough to get any money back it's usually only 10p for every £1 you are owed.

None of those.
I have $3,400 in preorders with BCS. o_O:cut

If you came here to throw insults, laugh, or gloat, you are in the wrong place.
None of those. Why would I do that? I’m sad for everyone here, including you, who is owed money; and the hobby as a whole is diminished by this. That said, it might have been good not to defend them blindly, which I’m afraid is how it appeared to me.

If you came here to throw insults, laugh, or gloat, you are in the wrong place.
☝️ This

Some might feel like gloating or proving how "right" they were, but a lot of us are hurting right now (over 1k USD lost for me - not as bad as others, but it still stings). I'm seeing literal "told you so" comments on FB which really aren't necessary.

We supported them for a decade and they treated us like crap. I expected they were near the end, I thought we would get 6, The Master and the 4th Doctor out but that everything else wouldn't see the light of day. I expected they would refund those orders, never did I expect they would take the money for everything and run.

I wonder what stage 4, 6 and Master were at? They had long enough they should have a lot of it ready to go. Did they ever plan on releasing the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Doctors or where those a quick way of getting some preorders in? I suppose we'll never really know.

Back