Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also just got an email, two actually. I have several figurs on order and even paid them off. I am rather scared to total up how much money I am out and probably won't see a refund.

Just got an email. Big Chief is done. They're insolvent and going into liquidation cannot offer refunds. The email just came through so I need more time to read it but I said they were clearly having money issues and their whole situation seemed fishy. While I'm mostly happy with their figures they were terribly run. I hope I can get my money for the 6th Doctor back and that the rest of you can get a refund too.
Damn, was still holding onto my 4th Doctor pre-order (paid in full) - sad to hear this, but even sadder that I can kiss that money goodbye.

Total and utter lies. This person is lying to the community and making up their own nonsense to stir up trouble. None of this is true.

It is no secret that we have been plagued with delays from the outset, with one delay creating further knock on delays to other products. We have only just taken delivery of our Peaky Blinders figures that were originally scheduled to be completed last July!

Need we remind you that China were still suffering intermittent lockdowns and restrictions to their daily lives pretty much up until Q4 of last year. The knock on effect of this has resulted in our long overdue products being put into a production queue, with factories prioritising higher volume orders over our more niche lines.

We understand that people waiting on products are frustrated, as are we as we want them shipped as soon as possible.

We have not offered any new BCS 1:6 scale figures for well over a year now, as we do not think it fair to expect customers to pay more out in advance whilst they are waiting on products. We have even stopped taking payment plans for new pre-order third party products from Hot Toys etc as these are now seeing release dates of up to two years, sometimes more.

We are very aware that customers want updates, but when factories are reluctant to give dates, all we can say is a vague "summer" or "autumn". Working with China is becoming increasingly more difficult - our problem, not yours, we know,

We are still very much operational and working to deliver your figures. This is NOT a LIE. What has been claimed above is not BCS it is TOTAL BS!!!

So I was right all along and now people have lost money....

What a piece of **** company. Didn't someone from them post in here earlier that everything was ok? I had like 4 things paid in full. Can a CC company reimburse?

Edit: Actually, looks like it was paypal...do they refund those situations?

Thank god I cancelled my preorders. Considering the delays, my hopes for a good outcome on this were low.

What a piece of **** company. Didn't someone from them post in here earlier that everything was ok? I had like 4 things paid in full. Can a CC company reimburse?

I had figures pre-ordered from another company that went out of business before and used PayPal - if it is past 90 days (which mine were), then no dice. I've had the 4th Doctor figure pre-ordered from BC since they first put him up back in 2019 (paid in full), so PayPal won't do anything for me.

For paypal you have a window to make a claim- so it depends on when you paid them. It is different for domestic/international claims, I think international is 90 days but would check.

If anyone paid with a credit card - try to make a claim with your credit card company ASAP.

They are! They came on here and said everything was ok (I know they were never going to admit to being in any kind of trouble but it still sucks) I honestly have no words, if there is no way to get refunded that's £1K+ I've lost - I paid via Paypal too and the figures were paid off ages ago so there's no chance of me seeing any of that money again. Absolutely fuming right now! :censored

So I was right all along and now people have lost money....
You were...I am sorry that you were effectively shot down over this. I cancelled my Captain Jack figure after seeing that post and I wish I'd listened to my gut feeling then and cancelled the rest.

What. The. Hell.

Where did the emails originate? Although I know the chances are next to nothing, call me an optimist. I want to hold on to that last shred of hoping its a miscommunication before giving up entirely. Mainly because there were all sorts of doom signals when Funko dissolved half of Mondo, but it was just reorganizing (and probably caught the immediate backlash). Of course a giant like Funko could squash BCS like a flea. But it looked bleak for a few days!

The Master and Sixth are/ were SO CLOSE. I want to know what the fudge happened (only you know...I didnt say fudge)

I warned of this several months ago and was shot down by some on the boards.
Although it is unfortunate for any buisness to go under all the signs were there, the excuses and delays were clearly a result of poor liquidity and gaslighting.
Sad day but not unexpected.

All may not be totally lost. They do mention refund procedures for deposits. Although it might turn out to be a nightmare actually getting the refund. Promises can be broken, especially by a company on the way out.

Silver lining of this whole debacle, maybe a better company can take the license now. At the very least someone can now make Retro Doctor Who figures. Perhaps Wandering Planet? I don't think ReAction is quite there yet and they're not 'British' enough.

I would just die if Exo6 secured the license. Their devotion to Star Trek has been 1st tier. The only problem there *might be* pumping them out TOO quick 😆

Last edited:
Oh,
What. The. Hell.

Where did the emails originate? Although I know the chances are next to nothing, call me an optimist. I want to hold on to that last shred of hoping its a miscommunication before giving up entirely. Mainly because there were all sorts of doom signals when Funko dissolved half of Mondo, but it was just reorganizing (and probably caught the immediate backlash). Of course a giant like Funko could squash BCS like a flea. But it looked bleak for a few days!

The Master and Sixth are/ were SO CLOSE. I want to know what the fudge happened (only you know...I didnt say fudge)
It's on their homepage. The emails came from the company handling the liquidation. It's real and happening, unfortunately.

All may not be totally lost. They do mention refund procedures for deposits. Although it might turn out to be a nightmare actually getting the refund. Promises can be broken, especially by a company on the way out.

Silver lining of this whole debacle, maybe a better company can take the license now. At the very least someone can now make Retro Doctor Who figures. Perhaps Wandering Planet? I don't think ReAction is quite there yet and they're not 'British' enough.

I would just die if Exo6 secured the license. Their devotion to Star Trek has been 1st tier. The only problem there *might be* pumping them out TOO quick 😆
I could totally see the ReAction people doing figures

Mods close our account, this community is infected.
Total and utter lies. This person is lying to the community and making up their own nonsense to stir up trouble. None of this is true.
We are still very much operational and working to deliver your figures. This is NOT a LIE. What has been claimed above is not BCS it is TOTAL BS!!!

Accountants close this company, the business is infected.
Total and utter lies. This co-owner was lying to the community and making up their own nonsense to avoid trouble.
Big Chief Studios is very much not operational and will deliver no figures.

Good luck with your chargebacks, everyone!

Back