Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got an email. Big Chief is done. They're insolvent and going into liquidation cannot offer refunds. The email just came through so I need more time to read it but I said they were clearly having money issues and their whole situation seemed fishy. While I'm mostly happy with their figures they were terribly run. I hope I can get my money for the 6th Doctor back and that the rest of you can get a refund too.
Any chance of posting the email?

This was the post they made before deleting their social media:

363767075_2590220017797030_5858290898204705061_n.jpg

And a copy of the email I saw posted on Facebook:

bcs.jpg

The modern day Molecule8 way of screwing over very loyal customers. I bailed on this company agree ago but a lot of stayed to support them. I feel horrible for you guys and hope a good number of you can recoup your money.

Horrible news for collectors and for the guys at Big Chief as well. They wouldn't have wanted this outcome and their accountants are the ones pulling the plug because the company can no longer service all of its debts if they are called in. The CVA process will involve paying creditors so some form of refund might be possible (not going to be the whole amount) but this will depend how much capitol the company has and where its customers rank in the order of its debts.

Expect to see some of these figures or parts of them to surface on ebay at some point much like happened with Chronicle Collectibles.

Doctor Who as a licence is currently dead after the poor last few seasons which ruined the lucrative merchandising appeal of the brand. Let's hope the new series can bring it back to life and generate some interest in the licence again from one of the bigger companies. Bond licence might get picked up by an inart or hot toys in their battle with each other.

I hope anyone with money tied up in pre-orders gets some compensation.

What. The. Hell.

Where did the emails originate? Although I know the chances are next to nothing, call me an optimist. I want to hold on to that last shred of hoping its a miscommunication before giving up entirely. Mainly because there were all sorts of doom signals when Funko dissolved half of Mondo, but it was just reorganizing (and probably caught the immediate backlash). Of course a giant like Funko could squash BCS like a flea. But it looked bleak for a few days!

The Master and Sixth are/ were SO CLOSE. I want to know what the fudge happened (only you know...I didnt say fudge)

Heres the announcement off their websites main page

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230808-074819_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230808-074819_Chrome.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230808-074830_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230808-074830_Chrome.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 0
Obviously some of the delays is due to them funding current in manufacturing figures with future preorders. I guarantee you your deposits came in and it went right out to the factory to try and get a figure completed. I truly can't believe they are still using Covid as an excuse. Talk about a diversion.

It was always something with them. The 8th Doctor was 3 years from pre-order to release and that was long before Covid. I put up with them because I love Doctor Who, apparently that was a big mistake.

All the more sad for small businesses which might not have such luxury to be able to accept deposits due to Paypal protection regulations and have *no choice* but to take payment in full when using PayPal.

Really bums me out. Things have felt wrong with them for a while, but I was happy to keep hoping and waiting. Between this and Eaglemoss, things are looking bleak for Who collectables

Does anyone happen to know how Sideshow handles situations like this? Most of my preorders are with them…

Really bums me out. Things have felt wrong with them for a while, but I was happy to keep hoping and waiting. Between this and Eaglemoss, things are looking bleak for Who collectables

Does anyone happen to know how Sideshow handles situations like this? Most of my preorders are with them…

Good point. Guess I made the right decision not to wait for the Sixth and opted to use points on Exo-6, even though *quality* Dr. Who merch is my priority preference.

It is for those of us who have a ton of money tied up in product we'll never see.
I'm out $300+, money I could really use right now :( Only reason I hadn't already cancelled it was because I had already paid it off with a payment plan over a year ago, and was still thinking about whether to keep it or not.

nice of the co-owner to come on here a couple months ago and just lie to everyone. crooks

Last edited:
Back