Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

2d465bf0723c3abc37177ad3b3cf31bb.jpg
d26e841aa486a6dc8f9a7004a1d2a023.jpg
496f5c277e519c40b8ac1c97530fee28.jpg

who did the repaint? Its amazing!

Damn nice tailoring! BCS should make one just like that! :clap

Anybody have any luck removing Tom's hobo-ish five o'clock shadow with just a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol?

That is iNSANELY awesome!! I just received My BCS Tom Baker figure!!! Does anybody here know where I can get a realistic 1/6th Tom Baker scarf?? I read a few years ago Inked Dalek made one for sale...Is He still around??? Anybody know how to contact him? Thanks in Advance!
Joe

My first attempt at improving Four was pretty much Made of FAIL, (go back a couple of pages to witness the horror) so I decided to take another crack at it.

First I did the head,

old-scarf.jpg

but then I realized that no amount of re-sculpting or repainting could fix the shortness, wrong colors, or completely inaccurate material of that damn scarf, so then I did this

doctor-standing-scarf-overv.jpg

and now I am much, much happier with the figure and feel like it is much closer to what it should be.

doctor-half-profile.jpgdoctor-three-quarters-with-.jpg

That looks great mate! Nice work, he looks very nice.
I've also done an upgrade on mine
76707983e5ef52190476108c937f6432.jpg
8cf04709177d210fcd9ed13470d24307.jpg

FANTASTIC!!!! Captain james Brook....where did you get that scarf????

Yeah, the repaint on those eyes seem a lot better with both the angle and the iris being larger(I think?)

I actually agree with you guys about the eyes, only it's too late now because I've already repainted them. :slap

Mind you, since I got Tom about a month ago, I've repainted him about ten times so redoing the eyes again is not that big a deal.

This is what he looks like right now, but he'll probably look different tomorrow -- in fact, I'm sure he will because the whole reason I repainted the eyes in the first place was to get away from the wide-eyed stare
hand-of-fear.jpg

and after a lot of experiments with different angles I want to go back to the looking off the side (this was the last repaint but one and I think I like the other direction better, but at least I finally figured out the right button on my camera to make the colors show up correctly :lol.)

repainted-repaint.jpg

Besides the repaint(s), the head has been modified to have a wider jaw and longer upper lip and I added more material under the chin which I think helps bring out the likeness. There are some more mods I want to do, so I've ordered another Four from BCS so I can do the mods on the new head and then I can display him with more than one expression.

That will also mean making at least one more scarf, but now that I've done the first one (more or less a series 13) and seen what's involved, I think I'll be able to do it a lot faster the second time and will probably make several since the process I use would work well for doing them like an assembly line.

Attachments

• hand-of-fear-closer.jpg
    hand-of-fear-closer.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 395

I actually agree with you guys about the eyes, only it's too late now because I've already repainted them. :slap

Mind you, since I got Tom about a month ago, I've repainted him about ten times so redoing the eyes again is not that big a deal.

This is what he looks like right now, but he'll probably look different tomorrow -- in fact, I'm sure he will because the whole reason I repainted the eyes in the first place was to get away from the wide-eyed stare
View attachment 145739

and after a lot of experiments with different angles I want to go back to the looking off the side (this was the last repaint but one and I think I like the other direction better, but at least I finally figured out the right button on my camera to make the colors show up correctly :lol.)

View attachment 145738

Besides the repaint(s), the head has been modified to have a wider jaw and longer upper lip and I added more material under the chin which I think helps bring out the likeness. There are some more mods I want to do, so I've ordered another Four from BCS so I can do the mods on the new head and then I can display him with more than one expression.

That will also mean making at least one more scarf, but now that I've done the first one (more or less a series 13) and seen what's involved, I think I'll be able to do it a lot faster the second time and will probably make several since the process I use would work well for doing them like an assembly line.

Damn you are making want to get this figure now, maybe with one of those scarfs :wink1:

Has anyone mentioned that the smiley head isn't due until March 2015?

that repaint and scarf is amazing!!! so good, wow.:clap

Has anyone mentioned that the smiley head isn't due until March 2015?

whaaaaa! damn thought it was goin be this xmas.

I know me too. I had hoped to have a smiley tom and a grumpy Bill this Christmas. :monkey2

So if I wanted to do a Tom in the City of Death custom, what would be my best source for the Doctor's series seventeen coat?

I have almost everything else I need including a newly painted head-sculpt I'm very happy with and the proper crazy-long scarf made using a new technique that much easier than my old technique and yields a much better and extremely stretchy result, but the coat is well beyond my humble capabilities.

Back