Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

I'm sure Tom will be wonderful, but I've never liked 'serious' sculpts of him. I think I'll hold out for one with the big toothy grin he gave me when he signed my copy of the Destiny of the Daleks novelisation in the 1970's...

This'll be my first BC figure. Been awaiting a 12" Tom for at least a decade. He's been prototyped and scrapped by two previous companies.

Glad he's in a similar costume to the old Mego/Denys Fisher version too!

This is one of the figures I've wanted for a very long time. I was so dissapointed when the Product Enterprises one was cancelled.

So I can't tell -- is the full run of David Tennant figures website only, or is it just the "signature edition" or something like that?

Last edited:

So I can't tell -- is the full run of David Tennant figures website only, or is it just the "signature edition" or something like that?

The Sig and the reg editions of Tennant are exclusive to BCS.

I have a feeling that when this goes up the Signature version will sell out quickly.

I have a feeling that when this goes up the Signature version will sell out quickly.

If they do a Sig edition I don't think I'll even give myself the stress of pursuing one. I just hope the ES of the regular is high enough that it doesn't promote a mad rush to secure one the second it goes up.

I'll buy it, and I'll happily do so, but for me Tom is my least wanted Doctor. Not because I don't like him (I rate him very highly indeed), but because I already have a 1/6 scale Tom Baker statue that I have been very happy with for the last few years, so I just don't feel quite the same need as I do for all the others.

Of course it was inevitable that he would always be the first Classic era Doctor made, I just hope he won't be the last. I need Troughton, and Pertwee, and Hartnell, and the other Baker at the very least. And Eccleston of course. And Davison. And McCoy and McGann. I wouldn't even be against a Peter Cushing. Or a Richard Hurndall for that matter, even if it was a headsculpt only type release.

You know, just for starters... :lol

I started watching in the Pertwee years after school, but Tom's epps were always more fun. I recently went though all of his seasons and thoroughly enjoyed them all over again. Need this figure and any expansion head sculpts they make. Bring it. :yess:

Finally! The man among boys. THE Doctor. Tom Baker. BCS are folksingers up the great looking New Who Doctors(which I truly love) but are now getting on to my Doctor. This was the only Doctor I knew about until my early 20's. Tom was the only one shown on PBS in the late 1970's/early 80's. This sculpt looks awesome. The clothes bring back those old memories of giant Robots and Zygons that looked like they were part of an octopus arm. Awesome! Now we get the pictures of Tom's accessories including the key to time, jelly babies, and his yoyo. This will be my favorite figure ever and I can't wait to preorder this one. I truly hope there is a signature edition on this one as well. Easily my Grail figure getting within reach.

BC is really giving the up the good stuff by releasing a Tom Baker. They need to include a second head with a big goofy grin. Tom was always smiling he was my first and greatest Doctor. You never forget the first of anything you experience.

Baker Dr. is the Dr. from my early childhood memories. This will be the only Dr. Who I want in my collection. Several times (and drinks in) I have been tempted by the Palitoy version when it comes up on E-Bay, but this version will be mine.

This is one of the figures I've wanted for a very long time. I was so dissapointed when the Product Enterprises one was cancelled.

You and me both! :monkey2

I hope someone winds up selling these a bit less expensively. I really would love to get my fave Doctor to have accompany his 1:6th TARDIS.

I hope someone winds up selling these a bit less expensively. I really would love to get my fave Doctor to have accompany his 1:6th TARDIS.
I believe he'll only be available through Big Chief.

I would be VERY surprised if you see these for sale anywhere but BG or Ebay. And not for cheaper.

I would be VERY surprised if you see these for sale anywhere but BG or Ebay. And not for cheaper.

I don't understand why if the 11th and Amy was available at BBTS and Hastings. Wasn't it only the 10th that was exclusive to the BCS site?

If going forth the new releases are only available through the website, I'm going to pass. These aren't $300 figures, and that's what they end up costing us in the states when we order through them.

10 was a 50th anniversary exclusive from BCS. Pretty sure everything else will get wider releases.

I don't understand why if the 11th and Amy was available at BBTS and Hastings. Wasn't it only the 10th that was exclusive to the BCS site?

If going forth the new releases are only available through the website, I'm going to pass. These aren't $300 figures, and that's what they end up costing us in the states when we order through them.

11 cost me $240 after shipping and the exchange rate.

I just think 4 will sell out in lightning time. They may sell out too fast to end up on other sites.

Back