Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

I do think 10th was supposed to be the only exclusive. All signs so far have pointed to a wider release for 4.

11 cost me $240 after shipping and the exchange rate.

I just think 4 will sell out in lightning time. They may sell out too fast to end up on other sites.

I think so too. Tom's gonna be the money maker of the line, no doubt.

I am thanking my lucky stars that he isn't featuring rooted curly hair... I am a bit on an anti-rooted hair campaign. :mad:

I'm sure Tom will sell out quickly (kind of cool he's the fourth figure from BC). Can't wait to see him, although I shall hold out for a smiling sculpt.

Pre-order coming soon!
https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/tom-baker-signature-edition/

I might spring for the Signature Edition of this guy.

9103205028_66db2f1670_o.jpg

WOW 4th doctor looks excellent I wasnt planning getting him but Im not sure anymore.

The previous signature editions were 250 each, and this is 300.

I'll be in for the signature edition. Pointless not to.

Sculpt looks better here than in the previous photos. I will never forget getting Tom's autograph... back in 1979!

Hes got dodgey eyes but man thats my Doctor. Love Tennant, but thats my Doctor from my childhood.

How quickly did the last sig edition sell out? Wasn't it over in a matter of minutes?

I know I said I'd be done getting these after Amy but wow does he look fabulous. I'm going to have to strongly consider picking him up.

Sig Ed is the way to goon this one. Scarf looks better but I'm still not convinced with the length... Should be longer, yeah?

Tom has googly eyes. He looks like a deer in headlights. Needs his toothy grin.

That's the thing though, Tom does have googly eyes, which isn't helped by his almost complete lack of visible eyebrows. :lol

If I had a complaint, it's that I kind of wish he looked more scowling and serious than surprised/worried as he does here, which would mean toning they eyes back a bit, but regardless, I'm on board all the same. I do think his hair is just a touch too dark, however. But then I'd likely be using the hat anyhow.

As for the scarf, the length varied over time, but I think for practicality purposes they've done pretty well really.

The nice thing is, since I suspect Tom will be a runaway hit... it seems that we should be very likely to get more/different heads and outfits for him. He's one of the few Doctor's I'd take a whole variant figure for (Season 18) once the other Doctors are done.

If I had a complaint, it's that I kind of wish he looked more scowling and serious than surprised/worried as he does here, which would mean toning they eyes back a bit, but regardless, I'm on board all the same. I do think his hair is just a touch too dark, however. But then I'd likely be using the hat anyhow.

a la the WGP sculpt? Not a fan of that one personally, I really dig the expression on this one.

Back