Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first 10th Doctor BCS made looks so awful in 2022 (even though you’ve photographed it well there.) I’m not surprised they went with the blue suit version for Zavvi because that’s a pretty good likeness, even if it lacks paint detail, especially the eyes which look black and dead.

Such a shame the definitive versions won’t be out until right before my funeral in 40 years, because considering the quality of their 3rd Doctor (and from the looks of the images, their definitive 4th which is out by spring) their new 10th in development might actually manage a good likeness, a good paint job and quality tailoring/accessories.

I’ll keep moaning about this all my life but it is insane that I ordered the 4th Dr definitive in 2019 and it won’t be with me until spring 2023. Three or four years of my life. Plus the 9-12 definitives were ordered a year ago now and realistically they won’t be out until mid 2024. Another three years of my life. I‘ve changed jobs, ended a relationship, started a new one, had a nervous breakdown, started to recover finally, begun to build my business back, ended another relationship, got through a couple of actual tragedies and god knows what else is coming all in the time it takes BCS to get me some dolls made (by the way, no sob story, who hasn’t faced at least some hell over the last four years?)

I just want my dollies for goodness sake! I envy Star Trek fans having EXO-6!

And breathe. I feel better now.

Last edited:
The old CO version had the brown suit. The tailoring was pretty poor though, and not the same quality as BCS.

I tried using that CO suit with BCS grinning 10th sculpt. For 10 Euro it works ok from a distance. Even better when you throw the coat over it:D

View attachment 602493View attachment 602494
Apparently there was also a blue suit version. Not sure if it was a limited, exclusive or what. Being as the coat on the BCS tenth isn't all that great anyway, I might look for a suitable 1:6 replacement and skip the definitive altogether. Anyone know if it's an actual off the rack style / brand or was a custom job by the props department?

I was sure that the rereleased 4th Doctor was initially listed as having 2 heads (did the original)?

And just checked the listing on Popcultcha for the new Deluxe 4th - I swear it’s now missing some accessories - didn’t he originally include a yo-yo? Or is my memory playing tricks?

You're not imagining. These are scaled back missing about half the original stuff. Not sure about the others yet but with the reuse box with just a different insert, it's clear they went sparse on these where they could.

The original BC Fourth included Eldrad’s hand and the Key to Time as well as the yo-yo, all cut from the re-issues. But I ordered as soon as Zavvi put up the new version and never saw a second head solicited. These were always budget offerings.

The smiling Tom sculpt wasn’t included in the original release either — BC sold it separately later on, and it was pretty pricey by itself.

The first 10th Doctor BCS made looks so awful in 2022 (even though you’ve photographed it well there.) I’m not surprised they went with the blue suit version for Zavvi because that’s a pretty good likeness, even if it lacks paint detail, especially the eyes which look black and dead.

Such a shame the definitive versions won’t be out until right before my funeral in 40 years, because considering the quality of their 3rd Doctor (and from the looks of the images, their definitive 4th which is out by spring) their new 10th in development might actually manage a good likeness, a good paint job and quality tailoring/accessories.

I’ll keep moaning about this all my life but it is insane that I ordered the 4th Dr definitive in 2019 and it won’t be with me until spring 2023. Three or four years of my life. Plus the 9-12 definitives were ordered a year ago now and realistically they won’t be out until mid 2024. Another three years of my life. I‘ve changed jobs, ended a relationship, started a new one, had a nervous breakdown, started to recover finally, begun to build my business back, ended another relationship, got through a couple of actual tragedies and god knows what else is coming all in the time it takes BCS to get me some dolls made (by the way, no sob story, who hasn’t faced at least some hell over the last four years?)

I just want my dollies for goodness sake! I envy Star Trek fans having EXO-6!

And breathe. I feel better now.
After receiving my 4th doctors reissue I canceled all my other preorders with big chief. I’m not a fan of the company’s erratic quality, high prices and ridiculous delays Covid or not.

After receiving my 4th doctors reissue I canceled all my other preorders with big chief. I’m not a fan of the company’s erratic quality, high prices and ridiculous delays Covid or not.

They’re frustrating, that’s for sure. I passed on all the BC figs until they knocked Pertwee out of the park. Now I have Delgado on pre-order, and I hope I don’t regret it.

I’d hoped Pertwee was the turning point where BC really stepped up their game across the line, but now I’m not so sure. The deluxe Doctor images haven’t looked to meet that standard.

I’d like to have K-9 to go with Tom, but the price is obscene even by sixth-scale standards.

Weird. BCS didn’t even produce the reissues. They just provided the blueprint. But ok.

Weird. BCS didn’t even produce the reissues. They just provided the blueprint. But ok.
I m happy with the Tom reissue for the most part and the price. I don’t have it in me to gamble anymore on their in house work and now that I have a fourth doctor I’m fine walking away. My third doctor figure can’t even lift his head …

BCS aren't doing themselves any favours though by lending their license to another company that's never made 1/6 scale dolls before.
I m happy with the Tom reissue for the most part and the price. I don’t have it in me to gamble anymore on their in house work and now that I have a fourth doctor I’m fine walking away. My third doctor figure can’t even lift his head …
My third Dr had the same issue with the floppy head. Pop the head off and put a small piece of leather or tissue paper into the neck socket. Pop the head/neck back on and it should sit nice and snug.

Well, it's been a week since I emailed BCS about the missing button on 4th Doctor waistcoat and no reply. Not surprising, just disappointing.

Opening up my Zavvi/BCS 4th Dr was like hopping into a Tardis and going back 8 years, only to find an inferior product:(
My copy is ladened with QC issues, in particular the coat. It has a missing button, some poor unfinished stitching at the back, and some of the faux-velvet material has come off on the collar tips.
The tailoring on the rest of the clothing is pretty good though, with no missing buttons or wayward stitching.

Paint apps are good overall, except for the eye work, where the whites are a tad too white when compared to the original.
The underlying body is ok but the foot pegs on mine are very loose, and the neck piece is just way too long.

You can see why people are losing faith in this company. It may be a Zavvi exclusive, but BCS's name is on the box and the buck stops with them.

I'm going to contact them about the QC issues on the coat and see what they say...If anything!

DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0024.JPG

I cant even say anything about my 4th doctor figure because i went to pick it up and saw this. Now i Wonder how long its gonna take to get him especialy if they want this one back before.

Attachments

• 20221015_133756.jpg
    20221015_133756.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Yes and now i have to send it back and send them proof of postage for them to start sending me the right figure. At least i dont have to wait until they receive this one..

Yeah Zavvi is a joke. Those are downgraded rerelease. BCS shouldn't have let Zavvi full control over those, because people wont think Zavvi is responsible but BCS. I don't know when i will get my 4th now because they didn't send me a working return label for here in Belgium and you're lucky when you can access the chat again:rolleyes:

Back