Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New picture proving that good posing and lightning is everything for 1/6 figure. They are not perfect and could have been greatly improve, but they are still good figures even with their flaws. I've been scouring the different thread to pick up all the ways to improve 4th and 9th, that was still under my skills, and what a gold mine. So many ideas and tip to find.
Nice photo! 👍

Out of interest, what numbers are you guys getting? I thought these were limited to 400 each worldwide but my 4th is 491. Weirdly my 12th is 391.

Are the Zavvi ones coming in their packaging or with their branding anywhere? I got my two figures from BCS and Zavvi isn't mentioned at all. Strange when it's the latter's product.

Might as well repeat that I'm really happy with the ones I got. Although funnily I've really gone off the 10th figure I have (the original BCS one with the blue suit.) Not enough paint/detail on the face and eyes.

Makes me interested to see the definitive one when it comes out around 2055; some of the preview images make him look awful but others seem extremely lifelike. Again it's all about posing and lighting.

Yeesh...that 11th doesn't even look painted in the face. Almost like a mannequin. Sculpt isn't that bad, just no paint detail

That 11 looks like a weird amalgamation of the purple outfit sculpt and a new hairstyle. To my memory it doesn't look like the original figure or the series 7 one. Interesting.

Its definitly the 7b sculpt . It just seems weird because its not the head that is usualy on that outfit. And also the hair look to be a lighter color but that could just be the lightning. The original sculpt is quite nice, the paint is very subtle and hard to capture, but not horrible.

For £199 I think they’re all pretty nice. Definitely as good as the Star Trek Exo collection as far as I can tell.

I think the definitives will be impressive when they actually come out. They’re suggesting in time for the 60th but we all know they’ll actually come out in late 2024.

New picture proving that good posing and lightning is everything for 1/6 figure. They are not perfect and could have been greatly improve, but they are still good figures even with their flaws. I've been scouring the different thread to pick up all the ways to improve 4th and 9th, that was still under my skills, and what a gold mine. So many ideas and tip to find.
They look decent there... The 12th Drs coat apperars to fit better than the original.

Its definitly the 7b sculpt . It just seems weird because its not the head that is usualy on that outfit. And also the hair look to be a lighter color but that could just be the lightning. The original sculpt is quite nice, the paint is very subtle and hard to capture, but not horrible.
Strange decision that they went with 7b head sculpt, as the sculpting of the hair is horrible and only looks good with the fez on.
For me the original Smith sculpt is superior, and is only let down by poor paint apps.

Funny I think the 7B is VASTLY superior, although I'm only looking at my original figure. From those pics the hairline does look weird on the new ones.

Funny I think the 7B is VASTLY superior, although I'm only looking at my original figure. From those pics the hairline does look weird on the new ones.
The hair is awful on the original as well...Then again he did wear a wig in his later series:D

SAM_3086.JPGSAM_3084.JPG

Is it me or is this a step down? I don't (currently) own the original 4th but this body reminds me of early early Sideshow. The outfit's decent, scarf is awful and likeness is amazing. At $100 he'd be a good value. Not feeling $200-250+. Are all the BCS Who figures like this?

Not liking the new pants on the Eleventh. The old ones were really nice and accurate to the G-Star jeans he wore in the show, but between the white stitching and seeming lack of a button, these feel like cheap knockoffs.

Is it me or is this a step down? I don't (currently) own the original 4th but this body reminds me of early early Sideshow. The outfit's decent, scarf is awful and likeness is amazing. At $100 he'd be a good value. Not feeling $200-250+. Are all the BCS Who figures like this?
I didn't get the original but I think this is actually a step up, in most cases. The face is much better without the original's 'five o'clock shadow'. The body seems easier to pose.

I'm really happy with mine I have to say, although yes £200 is very steep for it. It should really be £100 for sure. BCS are making a mint from these.

I do have the original blue suit 10th and the series 7B 11th. They're both vastly improved from their first figures. Their recent 3rd Dr figure is absolutely gorgeous and by far their best yet. Bodes well for the upcoming definitive series, which I'd advise buying and waiting for (the definitive 4th is still available at BigBadToyStore, Doctor Who Definitive Series Fourth Doctor 1/6 Scale Limited Edition Figure , and it'll be out by around March/April, so not too long to wait, albeit with a higher price tag) instead of these cheapo reissues if you really want quality. If you're not that bothered and can afford £200 then you'll still be fairly happy with it.

Which is 1st release and which is 2nd? I like the one on the left in brown coat (hair at least)
Both are my original versions from yesteryear...The definite article, you might say:giggle:

Yes i prefer the original brown coat version myself, as the hair is better sculpted. Version 2 just dosen't work without the fez.

View attachment 601598

it's a far inferior figure.

So the new figure has:
- darker patterned vest
- a taller body
- no buttons on back of coat
- potentially sloppy face paint
- painted fingernails
- lighter orange cravat

I'm guessing your original figure's jacket has just faded over time so they are likely the same color

So the new figure has:
- darker patterned vest
- a taller body
- no buttons on back of coat
- potentially sloppy face paint
- painted fingernails
- lighter orange cravat

I'm guessing your original figure's jacket has just faded over time so they are likely the same color
I don't know if it's faded or not, but I've kept the figure away direct sun light. Maybe I have a picture from when I first got the figure. I'll look later today.

That cheap faux-velvet material that companies use always fades over time... unless you literally keep your figure in a dark, sealed room. Granted it takes years but the two or three figures I have had with that material have all faded somewhat. You don't notice until you get a fresh version.

Back