Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What all did they cut out of this cut-rate? He has to have his sonic. heard the yo-yo got nixed. What else? Is there a stand? Light-up? Jelly babies? Hand of Eldrad? Wrap around Tardis backdrop? If the tailoring is knocked down that would be disappointing. But missing half his stuff too would probably be a deal breaker.

He comes with the sonic, jelly babies and a different stand ( still light up) all that other stuff got nixed . Honestly for me at least it would have never left the box

In the cold light of morning my original impression of the figure still stands. I’m happy and surprised it came out as well as it did considering this whole zavvi reissue angle that we will never truly understand
Is there any Credit text on the box...copyright/Artistic licensing etc.?

I see the BCS logo is on the box, so it's obivously still their product.

The biggest disapointment for me in term of accessories is the lack of backdrop. They could have even make one from the same cheap flimsy material used on the 8th doctor one, to cut cost.

Yeah the backdrop is a bummer. Simple idea but kinda genius too. Like getting a playset with the Figure. Sorta. Plus even at cut-rate these aren't exactly cheap and at least $50 more than the last time I was considering the 11th at preorder.

I would like to see a comparison of the stands lit up. That and box comparison might well be the decider for me.

Last edited:
He comes with the sonic, jelly babies and a different stand ( still light up) all that other stuff got nixed . Honestly for me at least it would have never left the box

Yeah, same. I’d have liked to have the hand, as Hand of Fear is one of my favorite stories, but it would have wound up in the box, I expect. Don’t care about the rest of the stuff, and I prefer the new stand (though it will probably stay in the box as well).

An inflation calculator suggests this version is effectively $50+ cheaper than the original release, and I wouldn’t pay $50 for the missing accessories by any stretch.

Yeah, same. I’d have liked to have the hand, as Hand of Fear is one of my favorite stories, but it would have wound up in the box, I expect. Don’t care about the rest of the stuff, and I prefer the new stand (though it will probably stay in the box as well).

An inflation calculator suggests this version is effectively $50+ cheaper than the original release, and I wouldn’t pay $50 for the missing accessories by any stretch.
Could we see a pic of the stand lit if you get a second please? Wondering what if anything has changed there. I kinda prefer the metallic blue to the silver but like you said $50+ difference some allowances can certainly be made.

Be nice if they would respond to my inquiry. It's been long over the 48 hours they said. Are they usually tough to get a response? BTW: Is this a general Who 1:6 thread now or are there others I should be watching for updates? Tom is my priority at the moment but eventually I might like a full set if the quality is acceptable -- especially if any sales start to drop...

Last I heard The Master and 6th aren't happening this year. So there's $600 or so freed up lol ugh

Last edited:
Yeah the backdrop is a bummer. Simple idea but kinda genius too. Like getting a playset with the Figure. Sorta. Plus even at cut-rate these aren't exactly cheap and at least $50 more than the last time I was considering the 11th at preorder.

I would like to see a comparison of the stands lit up. That and box comparison might well be the decider for me.
Yes the backdrop were really a good idea, and more companies are doing them but BCS was almost 10 year in advance. The only downside was that it left the box less protected ( if you didnt keep the brown shipper) and less "pretty"

I really don't like those stands color. I never used them but them being "tardis blue" added a nice touch.
Fortunatly for the accessories you can easily 3d print them.

Zavvi just shipped off my Fourth Doctor. So guess they do have them now.
Yes my 4th was ship this morning and 9th just now. Should arrive during next week
Be nice if they would respond to my inquiry. It's been long over the 48 hours they said. Are they usually tough to get a response? BTW: Is this a general Who 1:6 thread now or are there others I should be watching for updates? Tom is my priority at the moment but eventually I might like a full set if the quality is acceptable -- especially if any sales start to drop...

Last I heard The Master and 6th aren't happening this year. So there's $600 or so freed up lol ugh

If you try on Facebook you might get a quicker respond. And yes it Ssems to be the general thread now, so for most uodates should be post here. But there is a topic for each figures so they might get posted there too. If those doesn't sell well i could see zavvi do some of their crazy sales on them but i don't think it would be more than 20%. You can just look at the original release to decide if you want them or not since they don't appear to be such an upgrade. 9th and 12th (if you like this outfit) are quite nice. But for 10th i would search for the brown suit version. And yeah no 6th until next year at least.

For 10th is it just the outfit color? Not sure which I prefer there. Or is it the sculpt/joints/bonuses/etc?

20% would absolutely rock. I would probably even go for 10%. I'm a mark for quality who product lol

For 10th is it just the outfit color? Not sure which I prefer there. Or is it the sculpt/joints/bonuses/etc?

20% would absolutely rock. I would probably even go for 10%. I'm a mark for quality who product lol
The big difference (beside the outfit) is the head sculpt. Blue suit version has (in my opinion) a far poorer likeness and literaly no paint, its like they just put a base layer and nothing more. But once again its just a matter of taste. Just go with the one you prefer. I just think one is of better quality than the other.
Zavvi offen has sales like that but those already had 10% off so i dont know if they will do another sale soon

Not sure how they were able to do 10% off (that I missed) on a preorder. In the past they told me preorders don't work with them. :dunno

Really ? I have an other pre-order that i used a coupon on and i saw several times pre order where you could apply one

Here a picture from Facebook. 12th head look exactly like my 7b one. 9th look awful on that body, i remember the body being not that great but it seems much worst. Would have to change that immediatly. I'll wait until i got 9th in hand to really know, but it definetly seems those are the same as the first release.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1665404900674.jpg
    FB_IMG_1665404900674.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 0
New picture proving that good posing and lightning is everything for 1/6 figure. They are not perfect and could have been greatly improve, but they are still good figures even with their flaws. I've been scouring the different thread to pick up all the ways to improve 4th and 9th, that was still under my skills, and what a gold mine. So many ideas and tip to find.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1665413542292.jpg
    FB_IMG_1665413542292.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 0
Couple of shots here. Apologies for the pink light, I just took a couple of quick snaps without getting them ready to be properly photographed. Zoom in and you should see them fairly well. Only the 4th and 12th are the new figures so I’ve focused on them. The rest are the originals.

I’m actually really pleased with them. They look much better than I thought. Nice to have all the Drs I want so far, especially 4.

I have the definitives on order and I almost feel like cancelling them. These are pretty much all I need. But I can’t quite bring myself to do that, especially as they’re all (apart from 9) from different series to the ones I have and I’ve already paid for 4, and half for 9-12. Ah well, recession be damned!

Bring on 5th and 7th in about 15 years!

4C2A2704-7095-4A27-941E-004BDA8DB0F3.jpeg
8AF6CE93-83EE-440B-874C-BA405106EFCD.jpeg

Last edited:
Couple of shots here. Apologies for the pink light, I just took a couple of quick snaps without getting them ready to be properly photographed. Zoom in and you should see them fairly well. Only the 4th and 12th are the new figures so I’ve focused on them. The rest are the originals.

I’m actually really pleased with them. They look much better than I thought. Nice to have all the Drs I want so far, especially 4.

I have the definitives on order and I almost feel like cancelling them. These are pretty much all I need. But I can’t quite bring myself to do that, especially as they’re all (apart from 9) from different series to the ones I have and I’ve already paid for 4, and half for 9-12. Ah well, recession be damned!

Bring on 5th and 7th in about 15 years!

View attachment 602245View attachment 602244
I like those photos!

Back