Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I say the 'proper' costume I am refering to the one he's been seen in the most, the one you see the most if you Google the costume, the one from the plublicity shots which I have assumed up till now is the 'official' Dr Who costume for this series.

Uhh, is that not what you see in the teaser posted on the first page? I'm pretty sure it's the same costume.

Uhh, is that not what you see in the teaser posted on the first page? I'm pretty sure it's the same costume.

Maybe it's just a really really bad photo? to my eyes this -

doesn't look much like this- (which is the one i'm refering to)

The colors seem all wrong. But anyway I'll reserve my final decision untill we get the full reveal.

I can see what you're saying. The figure seems to have a cardigan while in the photo it seems to be a vest. It's highly unlikely, but the black shirt would be nice in addition to this outfit.

This is the vest BCS is going for:

doctor_who_peter_capaldi.jpg

It'll be interesting to see if they go more blue or black for the cloth.

In which case they have both the style and the colour wrong, which is the point I think people are trying to make.

This is what the actual cardigan/vest/whatever you want to call it that Capaldi is wearing looks like (he's worn the 'midnight' black version on the show, and wore the 'indigo' blue version in all the early promotional shots) :

cavendish_midnight_main_2.jpg

Whatever Big Chief are doing, it doesn't look like a particularly good interpretation of that.

The look and thickness of the material, the weave, the cut and tapering, the colouring, to a less important extent the buttons and their placing. That's all... :lol

The original is a smooth, thin, and modern styled top. The Big Chief version, by comparison, looks like an old woollen cardigan than someone's gran purchased while out shopping. :p

I'm a fan, I nitpick.

Like I said, as a fan I tend to nitpick. Especially when I have nothing better to do. :lol

I think that when an outfit is so simple and low key then it often needs to be even more accurate in a way, so as to best capitalise on what it has, whereas more elaborate looking costumes can get away a little more with slightly broader strokes, so long as they still 'feel' right.

Also, let's face it, right now all we have to look at is the clothing. Once we see a sculpt, that will of course dominate proceedings, and overshadow any other nitpicks. Besides, for most this is going to be mostly hidden under a coat, so I doubt it's going to be much of a dealbreaker...

The look and thickness of the material, the weave, the cut and tapering, the colouring, to a less important extent the buttons and their placing. That's all... :lol

The original is a smooth, thin, and modern styled top. The Big Chief version, by comparison, looks like an old woollen cardigan than someone's gran purchased while out shopping. :p

I'm a fan, I nitpick.

It looks exactly like a black version of Tom Baker's season 12 cardigan.

Also, let's face it, right now all we have to look at is the clothing. Once we see a sculpt, that will of course dominate proceedings, and overshadow any other nitpicks. Besides, for most this is going to be mostly hidden under a coat, so I doubt it's going to be much of a dealbreaker...

I'm still worried though because apart from the granny tank top being wrong on all counts the trousers, jacket and shirt all look the wrong color. I'm sure the headsculpt will be good but I'm not sure I want to spend £200 on a head and a few accessories, I'm hopeing it's just a really bad photo and the final piece will be more accurate to the promo costume.

Personally I'm hoping it's just an early mock up, but just have to wait and see, I suppose... :)

Just a little aside regarding his costume, my friend saw it hanging up in wardrobe the other day and the colour of the lining is more a plum colour rather then bright Pertweeish red it appears on TV, and it's covered in a pattern of little squares. None of that is noticeable on screen of course.

tumblr_ndnq9aHwfM1rt5ctno2_500.jpg

Did anyone see this XD , so not sure if its been mention, but is there going to be a new sculpt for the 12th doctor? if so what facial expression would it be? Any ideas for brainstorming?

Watching the episode tonight I hope Capaldi's coat is wired at least partially so we can pull it back and see the red bits, like in the picture posted above.

Can anyone recommend a place for a body to fit on a Big Chief Studios head and a place to get as close to acurate clothes for this doctor?

Also the episode Dark Water was amazing, if you haven't seen do it now! Next week is going to be hell just waiting for the next episode. :mad:

Back