Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trick is to place the paper clip onto the back of the jacket for a more tighter look on the figure.No one sees the clip.

Ah ok, thanks. I was thinking it was placed inside somewhere to help pull the coat down more.

Edit: With mine I just tried some double sided tape on both the front and back to pull the coat down and make it look a bit longer (and also flatter against his body). Kinda happy with that at the moment.

I agree. the headsculpt is fairly decent but not as good as in the proto pics. the body, neck, head and hands colours dont appear to match and the clothes look cheap without a hint of weathering. they dont look anywhere near as good as previous releases. Im glad i passed on this as it looks completely different to what was promised. dont get me started on that ghastly tennant head.

After comparing with pics of the proto, I think the main problem is the head got widened out way too much in the casting, and isn't nearly as narrow as it started out (or as narrow as Eccleston's head itself is). I took a heat gun to mine and tried to narrow it back as much as possible, but there's only about so far it will go. Although it does look at least a bit improved now, I think:

20161216_105325 (461x900).jpg

20161216_105357 (577x900).jpg

The other problem is just with the paintjob. The detail around the eyes really needs to be brought out and emphasized more like the proto had it. Since that's something you really notice in pics of the actor.

That looks much better.

They need to fix what ever keeps happening in the molding and casting process. The Tom Baker head came out too thin and Christopher Ecclestion is too wide.

Still haven't had time to fiddle too much with my new 9th Doctor, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The paintjob is the best out of all the figures I have from BCS so far (I have the first 10th, both 11th, 12th long hair version, and Amy Pond), and there was an attempt to do some weathering on the jacket, though it could have been a lot better. I also agree with other members that the head is just a bit wide.
I had to take a side by side pic next to my own custom 9th that I did 2 years ago:

9thdoctors2.jpg

9thdoctors1.jpg

Last edited:
If you have to take a heat gun to it then it's making me doubt whether I want to get into their Bond line. I'd buy anything that turned out well but I don't think I would preorder.

The jacket doesn't seem to fit that well - has anyone tried a body with wider shoulders? It also seems to me that you could get away with a normal body on this rather than one where the neck is sculpted, because the join would probably be hidden by the jumper.

Still haven't had time to fiddle too much with my new 9th Doctor, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The paintjob is the best out of all the figures I have from BCS so far (I have the first 10th, both 11th, 12th long hair version, and Amy Pond), and there was an attempt to do some weathering on the jacket, though it could have been a lot better. I also agree with other members that the head is just a bit wide.
I had to take a side by side pic next to my own custom 9th that I did 2 years ago:

9thdoctors2.jpg

9thdoctors1.jpg

Your custom is superior in every way.

The jacket does look better on a narrow true type, but the TT is just a little too wide since the jacket is tailored for the slim BC body. A HT Narrow TT customised with slim TT arms works perfectly though.

Yeah I've tried using other bodies before but these outfits are clearly only made to fit the much narrower BCS bodies. Although to be fair, most of the Doctors ARE pretty thin and lean so it's probably for the best.

I now have mine en route.
The pics so far are not exciting me I'm sad to say.
The upside, though: owners seem pleased with 9, so I remain, if not excited, optimistic .

Now, because of my original 11 having a disintegrated shoulder joint, I had to rebuild him onto an appropriate TT.
I can't recall which one I used though. Clothes went on fine, but the trousers were difficult to get over the hips.
As it turned out, I reworked him again when I got the green coat and the cowboy hat head. The green coat went on fine.

I have, since then, rebuilt the 11s shoulder. Never bothered re-porting as I find the BC bods to be light and fragile. The TT adds more 'class' to the figure.

I'll use the original BC bod with the 10 head for a regeneration figure. Shouldn't be too hard to get black trousers and boots.

9thdoctors2.jpg

9thdoctors1.jpg

I have your custom head and it is better than the BCS one. Just need to wait for this to drop in price like 12 and I'll be ready to pounce

I got mine today. Sorry for the crappy kitchen ceiling lighting. Can't wait to play in daylight. Do I really need to visit the parents at Christmas?

Whoever was worried about the plastic neck, it is painted.

I really love the background!

Not sure what to do with this guy now:

It's getting rather crowded in my shelf:

Also when you find the right angle the grinning Tennant head does look good I think:

It's not the eyes that scare me about that Tennant head, it's the mouth. It should be a great big toothy grin but it looks like he's clenching his teeth.

And thinking, 'where did I put my axe'?

9th looks pretty good though.

Back