Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Not gonna happen. Chris won't do conventions, won't sign Doctor Who items and he declined to participate in the 50th anniversary even after Moffat diplomatically tried to talk him into doing it. He wants to distance himself as far away from his association with Doctor Who and the fans as possible. He maintains a professional candor when speaking about his involvement with Doctor Who in interviews but behind the scenes there was a lot of bad blood and that's why he announced he was quitting before the first season had even aired. I understand it's his choice and his prerogative but it's kind of a callous attitude and I have no respect for that.

Eh, he's just a professional actor who doesn't like to dwell too much on his past work and would rather focus on new things (much like Harrison Ford). He may have had some issues with certain people during his time on the show, but as those people are likely all gone by now I seriously doubt that's his reason for not wanting to be involved with DW anymore.

One word...
FANTASTIC!
The 9th Doctor and Rose were the duo that revamped Doctor Who for me in the states.
The only other Doctor I remember seeing on TV was the 4th and that was when I was in elementary school and it was on PBS.
The 9th and Rose were on the SCI-FI network,before BBC aired them.
I'll get this one to add to my collection for sure!

I guess this is the reason why BCS removed their original announcement of Nine last year - to save it for the 10th Anniversary.

This figure was announced last year by the BCS on their FB page. However, the announcement was removed months later. You can search the BCS FB page and here (I recall the user Captain Britain making a comment here last year) for remnants of people commenting on the announcement of Nine. I could have sworn I had seen people cut and paste the original BCS FB 9th Doctor announcement here as well.

I just had a thought. Hopefully BCS put Nine on the type of body which hides where the neck meets the collar. Nine's v-neck shirt is pretty low and if it's on a standard BCS body, it won't look good.

There's still monsters to draw the new series crowd. Daleks and Cybermen should be big sellers for example. Sontarans too I would imagine plus the Master and Mistress and companions. I can't see Captain Jack not being made and we still have the War Doctor to go. I think there's still plenty of options for the new series but I hope. The next one is a classic Doctor. McCoy would.be great.

:exactly: There's a lot to pick from. I would love see a 1/6 scale Dalek and Captain Jack and the War Doctor would be insta-buys for me!! :)

This is exciting news! Big fan of Chris's Doctor, also hoping to see scale Daleks and new style Sontarans and maybe even a new style Ice warrior!

I just had a thought. Hopefully BCS put Nine on the type of body which hides where the neck meets the collar. Nine's v-neck shirt is pretty low and if it's on a standard BCS body, it won't look good.
How interesting a thought. Maybe we will see the the first BCS figure with a neck/chest sleeve, like some of the Hot Toys bodies?

While I will probably pick this up and it is of course a welcome addition to the Who colllection I actually would have really liked to see a 2nd and 3rd or at least one of them done first, hopefully they are next in line.

While I will probably pick this up and it is of course a welcome addition to the Who colllection I actually would have really liked to see a 2nd and 3rd or at least one of them done first, hopefully they are next in line.

I would like to see one of those two as the next release as well.

Still, excited to see how this figure turns out!! :)

I'm excited. I am worried they didn't spread out the New Series stuff more between Classic releases, but I'm still excited for him.

I'm more worried that they'll do a few Classic Docs like 2 or 5 but then stop and leave large gaps. Can you imagine if they did 1-5 and then 8-12 but then stopped there? That'd be crushing.

That's not going to happen. They will do them all and by all I mean classic series. Not sure if they will ever do Peter Cushing because those rights are owned by AARU.

I really want to believe that BCS will do all of the Doctors, but I still have a horrible feeling that the line will end before they get to the 7th Doctor.

I'm more worried that they'll do a few Classic Docs like 2 or 5 but then stop and leave large gaps. Can you imagine if they did 1-5 and then 8-12 but then stopped there? That'd be crushing.

I think this is would happen unless the BCS has more licenses and makes just about the right amount of money to make the next release. Regardless that the fans and the BCS want all the Doctors to be made, it can be done if the company have enough funds and that they are breaking even selling the other DW figures. At the end of the day, it all boils down to funding.

The figures are $200-$300 a pop and the BCS made most of the well demand figures. Once 2 and 3 are announced, would 5, and 6, 7 be able to retain interest? If they can squeeze a Jack Harkness and some of the uber popular companions, then I can see them making the others.

I think they're going to move into companions and buddies soon. Harkness comes to mind, but I think Clara is coming sooner than later, she has to. Though I would much prefer another stab at Amy, but I digress. They can use those characters to bide time for other Doctors.

I also expect some more variants of 10 and 11. Can anyone say Christmas special Matt Smith? That's an easy variant for them to push out. A spacesuit set that comes with 10, 11, and 12 headsculpts? Or perhaps your choice of one of the three? Tuxedo Tennant?

I would actually like an 8th Doctor honestly. Paul's look, for the short time he had the role, was very Doctor-y and would look great on the shelf.

I really want to believe that BCS will do all of the Doctors, but I still have a horrible feeling that the line will end before they get to the 7th Doctor.

I'm more worried about them not getting to the 6th and 7th Doctors fast enough to get Signature Editions. :(

I too would like to see 8 being made. He became popular thanks to the Big Finish audios and Night of the Doctor. That said, I wonder which version of him they would make first - the tv movie of the DOTD version? I would think the DOTD version would first since it is the version a lot of the NuWho fans would know because of the minisode. If they ever produce this version of 8, I would love them to include the young John Hurt head (the image shown at the end of the minisode) and a bandolier to go with it. Also, it would be a good way for the BSC to make that variant of the Doctor if they ever make his Tardis - they can include the Dark Eyes outfit as the incentive.

Speaking of variants, I wonder if they would ever release the clone 11th as another variant rather than a kit. They can release the figure with an updated tweed jacket and a variant shirt so that way, those who didn't get the series 5 Smith figure can get this version and mix and match with the series 7 head.

As for Tuxedo Tennant, that is a great idea since they do a Smith alternate head to be included in one set.

Back