Big Chief Studios - 1/6 - DALEKS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m getting a distinct impression that everyone’s trying to convince themselves to buy these. Haha
Issue sizes: meaningless. Hot Toys are pushing Iron Man Mk1 just now. I got their first issue of it years ago (it’s the best IM figure out there in my opinion). Doesn’t bother me if a company want to produce more.
Price point is high, but the final argument will be that it’s about $50 more than we like. Are we going to pass on a DALEK for $50???
Accuracy: it’s a prototype that we are looking at: the purpose of a prototype is to evaluate a design and identify issues in the product’s design. We are all helping here by identifying any inaccuracies. I think the prototypes (as prototypes) look stunning.
Time frame: it’ll be a while before we see these. Quite a while: we all know that. And the problem here is, that during that time there will be other Daleks offered. I’d reckon that at least 4 versions will be offered before this set comes out. If you know you’ll buy em all, no problem. If you only want A DALEK on the shelf, you’re likely to wait.

I can see me buying this set, but not via preorder. At least, not yet.

$50 more?

At $323 USD it is about $123 more than I would like to pay.

Truthfully, seeing what ThreeZero is doing for under $200 in their GoT line, I would have hoped something reusable like this would be under $200 as well.

I did expect it to be more only because I am familiar with Big Chief's pricing, but once it soared past even a high of $240 a pop, I was out for good.

Price point is high, but the final argument will be that it’s about $50 more than we like. Are we going to pass on a DALEK for $50???

Yes. With shipping and exchange rates and duty this is going to be considerably more than $50 too much for me. It's going to be around $500 Canadian to get this in hand, the same price as a digital Ps5 is. I don't care of its got rolling wheels and a movable gun, my $15 CO Dalek does that and talks as well. Only way I get one of these Daleks is if they go on sale for half price.

Sorry, I was writing $ but thinking £ .
I expected the ex vat price to be in the £170 Area.

Yeah I liked them a lot, despite some corners cut along the way, but they're 13 inches tall, way too big for 1/6. They display well as a collection in and of itself, though. I should know, I have...uh...25 of them (and Davros). :lol

TWENTY FIVE!!! I never got any of them. I did get every variation of their 6” scale Daleks though. I’ve lost count on how many I have. There are some crackers in that collection. I particularly liked their talking range.

So for those of us in the States this works out to a deposit of $175 and $45/month.

When I think of it that way it doesn't sound so bad. :LOL:

they're 13 inches tall, way too big for 1/6. They display well as a collection in and of itself, though. I should know, I have...uh...25 of them (and Davros). :lol

That's too bad. They would have worked for me.

How is Davros? I was eyeballing him years ago... I think once again the scale kept me off.

Yeah, I may have become a little obsessed there for a bit... :lol

I think I have one of pretty much every variant they released in that scale, apart from the classic tv style non-canon red Dalek, and a couple I just didn't like, such as the silver chrome movie Dalek (there might have been a gold chrome one, too), and the silly looking union jack paint scheme Dalek. Got all the rest though, and a few customs.

My name is Drake, and it's been three and a half years since my last Dalek purchase... 😛

That's too bad. They would have worked for me.

How is Davros? I was eyeballing him years ago... I think once again the scale kept me off.

Davros is just as big as the Daleks, his body and head is noticeably bigger than 1/6 scale, closer to 1/5 I'd say.

I’m trying to hold back on these:
Meanwhile the Doctor is saying ‘Bring em on’
D71947ED-0E8B-47B7-BFE4-B0274BD9F021.jpeg

Back