Big Chief Studios - 1/6 - DALEKS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Daleks are coming, the sixth scale invasion begins soon… #daleks #dalek #doctorwho #dw #bbc #tardis #tardisblue #aliens #ninthdoctor #tenthdoctor #eleventhdoctor #twelthdoctor #fourthdoctor #thirddoctor #bbc #bbcamerica #space #scifi #classicscifi #british

Attachments

• 7A705E55-F5AD-48A7-AA09-C7971F2311B8.jpeg
    7A705E55-F5AD-48A7-AA09-C7971F2311B8.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 95
I never cared for any of the 1:6 offerings by BCS due to well earned critical disappointment.

I wouldn't put it past them to muck up on a 1:6 Dalek as well.

If they somehow manage to do it "right", then I foresee a possible demand / run on 1:6 British military uniform sets circa late 60s to late 70s for those who want to customize / kitbash UNIT troops and/or BCS unveiling their overpriced and likely sub-par renditions of a generic UNIT soldier to use as fodder against the 1:6 Daleks.

Interesting that they're doing classic Daleks first and not the new series ones. I'm only collecting the Doctors but I'm curious to see how much these will be. Expensive, I'm sure. I'm not sure they're going to be worth the cost, simple design and paint,, little articulation, few "necessary" accessories. A scaled up CO Dalek would be good enough for me.

I never cared for any of the 1:6 offerings by BCS due to well earned critical disappointment.

I wouldn't put it past them to muck up on a 1:6 Dalek as well.

If they somehow manage to do it "right", then I foresee a possible demand / run on 1:6 British military uniform sets circa late 60s to late 70s for those who want to customize / kitbash UNIT troops and/or BCS unveiling their overpriced and likely sub-par renditions of a generic UNIT soldier to use as fodder against the 1:6 Daleks.

I ignored the line for a long time because I thought the quality just wasn’t there. If the sculpt was good, it was obscured by the paint. But the upcoming Pertwee looks amazing in production, and the Delgado Master looks great in prototype. I’m now paying attention.

I’d be interested in Daleks if they could keep the price reasonable, but the rather rich price tag on K9 makes me pessimistic. Hard for me to justify top dollar for figures with flat paint and relatively simple designs that have been done well affordably. But maybe they’ll dazzle me. Metal parts would be interesting.

Interesting that they're doing classic Daleks first and not the new series ones. I'm only collecting the Doctors but I'm curious to see how much these will be. Expensive, I'm sure. I'm not sure they're going to be worth the cost, simple design and paint,, little articulation, few "necessary" accessories. A scaled up CO Dalek would be good enough for me.

Same here - mostly just the Doctors for me too (there are some companions I'd probably pick up if made and I do have the Master on pre-order)...tbh I'm running out of space so couldn't really accommodate a Dalek figure/s as much as I'd like to get some. Interested to see the previews though...and yes the price!!

Someone told me the bronze Dalek is a Commander. When did that start? Not in the Baker era?

I think it’s a Pertwee era Dalek.
Yes it's the Gold commander that appeared in Pertwee's Day of the Daleks.

It will be interesting to see the price point for these. I'm guessing they'll have lights and sound features as well as metal casing...ok metal is probably wishful thinking but it would be nice :)

Metal, nice one. :lol

I do like the copper Commander -- I say that in preparation that perhaps the gold paint doesn't look like gold. Honestly though, copper is better.

Why have they not made 1/6th Davros? He's the best.

Copper/Bronze is Nu-Who....It has to be a nice subtle Gold colour for the Classic version...

Would love to see a Davros too...preferably Michael Wisher's version from Genesis. I'm happy enough with the Mooncrest model kit i put together a few years back, but it's more a statue than an action figure...then again Davros didn't move a whole lot in Genesis either:)

d03-3k-227.jpgd03-3k-225.jpgd03-3k-099.jpgd03-3k-230.jpgd03-3q-c836.jpg

Yeah outside of The Doctors and the Masters, Davros is now my number one want. Wisher is definitely the most iconic, and therefore preferable to me, but Who whore that I am, I wouldn't mind a Molloy Davros too, eventually (especially a Remembrance version in the white shell). Hell, I'd probably grab a Julian Bleach new series version one day too, if they had done the other two first.

Yeah outside of The Doctors and the Masters, Davros is now my number one want. Wisher is definitely the most iconic, and therefore preferable to me, but Who whore that I am, I wouldn't mind a Molloy Davros too, eventually (especially a Remembrance version in the white shell). Hell, I'd probably grab a Julian Bleach new series version one day too, if they had done the other two first.
I'd like to see a Remembrance Molloy version as well...the white shell casing being unique and different.

Then there's the Gooderson version from Destiny with rocking side to side motion as he shuffles along😃

Now that we’re getting Delgado, my number one pick for baddies for this line would probably be Cybermen. I think the shiny costumes could translate really well into sixth scale. Would pop on the shelf.

That looks sick, Matrix!!!

Davros looks almost to scale. I remember that kit now, I was thinking of picking it up some time ago but couldn't find one at the time.

Did you do all the paintwork, etc? Really awesome work. On both!

I plan on getting 4th Doctor during this Zavvi sale (whatever it is)... and want to get a Dalek set as well. But what I really want is a Davros.

Thanks! The Wisher version i put together and painted myself. I bought the Molloy version fully assembled and painted...but i did repaint the head and re-worked the back plate of the chair and head harness.

I've seen someone else go the extra mile and add lights to the controls and the blue eye...it looked terrific!

I think Mooncrest are still making these to order. Could be a long wait before we see one from BCS, but with the Daleks on the horizon it might not be that far away...

There’s a lot of truth in that statement unfortunately. It is taking about that long from reveal to getting figures in hand. I do though, continue to preorder. Currently I have 8 with BCS. Dec 2019 is the oldest outstanding preorder.
I guess I’ll order at least one when they go up.

Back