Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I edited my post more than once, the edit time only reflects the very last edit I made. As I said before, I edited my original post immediately, and I edited it again later when I saw I had made a spelling error in my altered post.

I wasn't going to post any more, and I still won't, but I had to come in and make that clear seeing as how you were trying to make a liar out of me. And that is all I'll say on the matter, because I find you exceptionally unpleasant to be around, and so it's just not worth the effort.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion on the subject of this thread but I'm gobsmacked as to how anyone could find Daron unpleasant to be around. Seriously, that's totally uncalled for.

Beyond that, I've had nothing to say about the issues people are having because I've not ordered Amy and didn't want to get dragged into an argument about a figure I won't be buying. But I hope people remember, firstly, that 90% of 1/6 collecting is waiting and secondly I hope the replacement head turns out great for them.

Never mind, you won't see me post around here again anyway, as that seems to be the best solution for everyone. I'm just truly sick of fights breaking out every time I, or certain others, dare to try and state an opinion here lately that happens to differ with the views of certain other posters. It's depressing and belittling and more and more just doesn't feel worth the bother. But I stand by EVERYTHING I have said (which were only ever presented as my own personal views anyway).

EDIT - While I stand by my personal opinion of what I said, I don't stand by how I went about saying it. Things got heated, I acted in a reactionary manner, and I now truly regret doing so. I just wish I had come back, buried the hatchet, and made things right again sooner than I did. Alas... :(

Last edited:
So... after getting the Doctors, and with the new head coming... I'm thinking of breaking down and getting Amy because she's available for pretty reasonable prices out there. But I'm sort of torn. For those that have her... do you think she's worth it? Or just avoid it?

Avoid her. She isn't great overall. The head isn't the only problem, the clothing wasn't great either. Especially the tights and the jacket. The jacket just doesn't sit very well on her. But once that's off and it's just the shirt it's fine.

I'd avoid her aswell. I have her standing in the back and I have a kind of "meh.." opinion on her. Once the new head's on it might improve but I need to see it in person before I can judge on that. The accessories are nice though, but the necklace bothers me. I'd prefered a metal or sculpted chair instead of some string. It's also, at least for me, quite tough to find a good looking pose.

Hmm... well, maybe I'll just hold off. You can find her for about $150 so it's tempting... but I must admit I thought the clothes looked kind of off on her, too.

Never mind, you won't see me around here again anyway, as that seems to be best for everyone. I'm sick of fights every time I dae to try and state an opinion here lately. It's just not worth the botpher, so I'll find somewhere else to hang out instead. But I stand by EVERYTHING I have said (which were only ever presented as my own personal views anyway).

You weren't doing anything wrong, your opinion is just as valid and appreciated as much as every other member. I've found out that there are people here who like to be loud and throw their weight around. Just continue to state your opinion. No one can tell you to be patient and please don't let them. :hi5:

Hmm... well, maybe I'll just hold off. You can find her for about $150 so it's tempting... but I must admit I thought the clothes looked kind of off on her, too.

She feels very fragile. The clothes aren't bad at all, I will display mine without the jacket however.

We're all a bit impatient and just upset it's taking longer than expected. I really want this figure to be good and I feel the new sculpt will be a big improvement. I really want to like this figure since the character has a very big meaning to me and my lady but right now I just can't enjoy this figure to the fullest.

The number one reason I haven't gotten this figure is that neither head looks remotely like Karen Gillan.

I edited my post more than once, the edit time only reflects the very last edit I made. As I said before, I edited my original post immediately, and I edited it again later when I saw I had made a spelling error in my altered post.

I wasn't going to post any more, and I still won't, but I had to come in and make that clear seeing as how you were trying to make a liar out of me. And that is all I'll say on the matter, because I find you exceptionally unpleasant to be around, and so it's just not worth the effort.

I am not calling you a liar. I just pointed out the apparent error in your own timeline. As you correctly point out, this system does not show each time-edit, I apologise for making it seem otherwise.

My mistake, I am sorry.

...But I too stand by my main points. And I welcome EP's comments. I don't always agree with them. But I have occasionally.

Plus, he's had the courage to stand by his convictions and I always find such conversations thought provoking and engaging.

...But I too stand by my main points. And I welcome EP's comments. I don't always agree with them. But I have occasionally.

Plus, he's had the courage to stand by his convictions and I always find such conversations thought provoking and engaging.

:exactly::goodpost:

Even sadder but truer, I knew this, but bought it anyway ! Haha!!!

Hey don't knock it, I did too!

My Amy figure is a bit of a dirty girl though, despite me trying to get it to all sit properly and even after an attempt to iron it and resit tights and skirt properly...her skirt will do nothing except ride up round her waist!! She is clearly looking for some action with my Thor, Hawkeye, and Cap A figures (or even Black Widow...? Each to their own I say!)

Back