Beware The Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been marathoning through TAS, again, and I saw the first episode of this today, and I liked it; TAS really didn't affect my enjoyment of this; it's like comparing apples to oranges. Is it different? Yeah, but I really don't think it deserves all of the hate it's getting. The animation style is just that, a style. They used similar styles in GL and The Clone Wars, and I didn't see this many complaints. Point being: is it simplistic? Yes. Should that stop people from enjoying it? No.

The SAS Alfred isn't really anything new, either. If you want to blame that on anybody, blame it on Geoff Johns. Overall, I enjoyed it. Do the designs take some getting used to? Yes, but I liked that Batman was reminiscent of the classic, Golden Age design, and I liked the character model for Bruce Wayne. Pyg and Toad were relatively interesting, though not quite as interesting as their comic book counterparts (but doing that would probably result in some hefty fines from the FCC), and I enjoyed that Batman isn't going to win every fight right from the start, and that we've got to let him build up to that point.

No, it doesn't, but I'm just saying that I won't let my enjoyment of TAS keep me from enjoying a new take. Like I said, it's like comparing Apples to Oranges. Nothing will ever beat TAS, IMO; like you said, so why even bother comparing them?

I can't believe DC okayed the designs when they saw concept art. From the promo I saw he looks like a praying mantis.

Well, I found this bearable untill I saw 'Alfred'. :monkey3

Untitled_zpsc5c3b874.png

I watched BTAS pilot soon after and it's funny how the 20+- year old traditional animation trumped the new one in evry aspect.

Nothing beats B:TAS. :lecture
:goodpost:
batman-gif.gif

Well, I found this bearable untill I saw 'Alfred'. :monkey3
Huh? Looks like one of 'em hire-o-henchmen!

I'm not against the style totally but somehow the CGI just isn't....well streamlined. Appears choppy and cheap in some places. As batfan08 said that it can't be compared to TAS, I feel compelled to do so cuz it's still enjoyable and easy on the eye despite being 20+ yrs old. I liked the new style for Batman somewhat and would like a figure/statue based on it.

Doesn't look too bad here:
beware.jpg

Apart from the animation, this guy (the Batman) gets beaten up a lot! :pfft:

I mean Magpie beat the crap outta him. Even Anarky gave him a rough time.

About time he changed his excerise routine and get some high protein (or whatever) diet. :monkey3

Is anyone else enjoying this show as much as I am? Sure, it's not The Animated Series but it is one of the better Batman shows to come along in a long time.

The writing is incredibly clever and snappy. Just watching the fourth episode, when Batman tells his assistant not to kill one of the ninjas.

Tatoo: I don't need an ethics lesson from a nut who dresses like a bat.

Batman: Too bad...you just got one.

That reminded me of TDKR when Batman prevents Catwoman from shooting the gun, but this dialogue would've been much better in that scene.

People really shouldn't take my word for it though - I urge you to check out the first episodes so far (only been four) and see if you like it!

I love it. It's a different interpretation, but I enjoy it for what it is, just like I enjoy TBATB for what it is, The Batman for what it is, and TAS for what it is. There's no reason to compare them, really.

I love it. It's a different interpretation, but I enjoy it for what it is, just like I enjoy TBATB for what it is, The Batman for what it is, and TAS for what it is. There's no reason to compare them, really.

I agree I'm hooked on this show its damn good.

Back