Beware The Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. At least the logo is cool.

I don't like the designs and can't stand this new style of 3D animation. But I'll still give it a shot.

I'm still bitter over how criminally under-appreciated Batman: The Brave and The Bold was.

Sat down with the kids to watch this, we all came to the same conclusion that this isn't something we care to see.

Sat down with the kids to watch this, we all came to the same conclusion that this isn't something we care to see.

Did the same with my boys and came to the same conclusion. Who approved that costume design (specifically the cowl)? They should be moved to another dept ASAP!!!!

I don't like the character designs. I really don't like cgi animation. Batman or not, I don't feel any need to check this out.

We hated the animation. We couldn't see half of what was going on it was so dark at times. My kids wondered why Lex was helping Bats, until they found out it was Alfred. They were like Wwwwhhhaaaaaaat!?:eek

What's up with those pouty full lips? Batman looks like a tranny. Da nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh...Bat-Tran!

Yeah, I think a lot of the design ideas kinda killed this one from the start. I'm not totally against the concept but the style is just jarring

What was good for Star Wars is poisonous for Batman.
Tho it's still unfare to compare since TCW has great CGI and this one looks like something from 1999 Pixar.

Saw the trailer for this. I can't even tell what Batman is. The design is horrible.

Decent perhaps...

I remember the CGI being described as "state of the art" and I gave it the benefit of the doubt until the episode. It's very robotic looking in certain scenes. Nothing really flows organically. For example, when the Batmobile is tipped over.
The faces too in certain scenes.

I'm not a fan of Alfred at all. From the voice to the chin to characterisation...just no.

I'm still not sure. To me, it's very meh.

ay_104829326.jpg

Almost a match!

So did this air yet? I heard it was decent.

Yeah, it premiered yesterday as part of the DC Nation block on Cartoon Network. I watched it with my son.

Meh. Maybe I'll warm up to it, but I'm not really feeling it. Cold, robotic 3D animation with little to no details in the background and an over-abundance of British accents (really, is this Gotham located in the UK?) were pulling me right out. But maybe I'm too much a fan of BTAS, Justice League and Brave and The Bold to enjoy this. :dunno So far, though, I even prefer "The Batman" to this.

I just saw this last night. The first sequence was already boring for a fight scene. I miss good old Alfred. Vinnie Jones also came to mind the first time I saw the character, and while Vinnie's always cool, that coolness stopped when Bruce called him Alfred.

All in all it felt like watching an old 20-minute cutscene from a game on the old Playstation Portable.

I watched BTAS pilot soon after and it's funny how the 20+- year old traditional animation trumped the new one in evry aspect.

Back