Beware of 4umyluv ( scammer buyer!!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingofthehill78

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread. If not mods please put it in the correct section...Just trying to give everyone a heads up

"This eBay buyer ( 4umyluv) wanted a sideshow magneto comiquette off me. I had it listed at $400. He said he would offer $300. I told him the lowest I could go was $350. He agreed. On December 17 he buys it and I send it out ( USPS tracking number 23100740000004210602) .On december 20 I receive an email from him telling me that there is a problem with it. He says that the statue is in good shape except for some small chips and problems with the statue and to email him to resolve this situation. I know there is no problems in fact you can tell from pic I listed that the statue is fine. I tell him he can have a partial refund of $30 or he can return the statue for a full refund. He responds and says he wants $50 and if he receives that we will be good. I agree because I don't feel like taking a loss on shipping . I refund him his $50( on december 20)He leaves me feedback and I reluctantly leave him feedback. Then today he emails me today( January 3) saying he found more problems with the statue and that he wants his money back. This is two weeks later!!!!He now claims the box is beat up ( which it wasn't when I sent it two weeks ago) He also claims the statue is worth half as much due to a bunch of new problems he just found with the statue. He wants me to pay for his return shipping and refund the whole amount to him. I refused and then he tells me that he will just file a claim on eBay / Paypal . If you check his feedback you can also see that he has scammed a buyer for an item too. Seems I am not the first person he has scammed." :mad:

Last edited:
Hmmm interesting new breed of scammers.... I think it was all good. If anything a small chip ok fine. Give him that much credit. But I bet the real reason is it's one of those guys who really wanted your statue and loved it when he got it. Then after 2 weeks now he feels so guilty of spending that much money and now wants his money back at your expense. I've seen a few like this as well. Shame eBay will give them anything they want.

Hmmm interesting new breed of scammers.... I think it was all good. If anything a small chip ok fine. Give him that much credit. But I bet the real reason is it's one of those guys who really wanted your statue and loved it when he got it. Then after 2 weeks now he feels so guilty of spending that much money and now wants his money back at your expense. I've seen a few like this as well. Shame eBay will give them anything they want.

Yeah I'm fighting it but I know I am going to lose..:mad:

If you kept all of your correspondence, especially the one saying that after you gave him $50 back that everything would be copacetic, I would fight it. I mean, who inspects the crap out of something and complains, then TWO WEEKS later says they went through it again and found "more" issues? Sounds fishy to me and I would fight it as best as possible. You showed already that you were willing to help the buyer out and sent them a partial refund. Sounds like greed to me.

I would fight it as well. Especially since he left feedback...which is usually what you do after a transaction has been fully completed.

I think you have a good chance at winning this considering the situation.

If you kept all of your correspondence, especially the one saying that after you gave him $50 back that everything would be copacetic, I would fight it. I mean, who inspects the crap out of something and complains, then TWO WEEKS later says they went through it again and found "more" issues? Sounds fishy to me and I would fight it as best as possible. You showed already that you were willing to help the buyer out and sent them a partial refund. Sounds like greed to me.

I would fight it as well. Especially since he left feedback...which is usually what you do after a transaction has been fully completed.

I think you have a good chance at winning this considering the situation.

I hope I win..... But I don't have too much faith in Paypal/eBay . I have never won a case against a buyer.... No matter how much evidence i have had against them...:(

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread. If not mods please put it in the correct section...Just trying to give everyone a heads up

"This buyer ( 4umyluv) wanted a sideshow magneto comiquette off me. I had it listed at $400. He said he would offer $300. I told him the lowest I could go was $350. He agreed. On December 17 he buys it and I send it out ( USPS tracking number 23100740000004210602) .On december 20 I receive an email from him telling me that there is a problem with it. He says that the statue is in good shape except for some small chips and problems with the statue and to email him to resolve this situation. I know there is no problems in fact you can tell from pic I listed that the statue is fine. I tell him he can have a partial refund of $30 or he can return the statue for a full refund. He responds and says he wants $50 and if he receives that we will be good. I agree because I don't feel like taking a loss on shipping . I refund him his $50( on december 20)He leaves me feedback and I reluctantly leave him feedback. Then today he emails me today( January 3) saying he found more problems with the statue and that he wants his money back. This is two weeks later!!!!He now claims the box is beat up ( which it wasn't when I sent it two weeks ago) He also claims the statue is worth half as much due to a bunch of new problems he just found with the statue. He wants me to pay for his return shipping and refund the whole amount to him. I refused and then he tells me that he will just file a claim on eBay / Paypal . If you check his feedback you can also see that he has scammed a buyer for an item too. Seems I am not the first person he has scammed." :mad:

I'd tell him to **** off and use his feedback he left for you (which tells ebay the auction is over) as proof he's trying to scam ya.

"This buyer ( 4umyluv) wanted a sideshow magneto comiquette off me. I had it listed at $400. He said he would offer $300. I told him the lowest I could go was $350. He agreed. On December 17 he buys it and I send it out ( USPS tracking number 23100740000004210602) .On december 20 I receive an email from him telling me that there is a problem with it. He says that the statue is in good shape except for some small chips and problems with the statue and to email him to resolve this situation. I know there is no problems in fact you can tell from pic I listed that the statue is fine. I tell him he can have a partial refund of $30 or he can return the statue for a full refund. He responds and says he wants $50 and if he receives that we will be good. I agree because I don't feel like taking a loss on shipping . I refund him his $50( on december 20)He leaves me feedback and I reluctantly leave him feedback. Then today he emails me today( January 3) saying he found more problems with the statue and that he wants his money back. This is two weeks later!!!!He now claims the box is beat up ( which it wasn't when I sent it two weeks ago) He also claims the statue is worth half as much due to a bunch of new problems he just found with the statue. He wants me to pay for his return shipping and refund the whole amount to him. I refused and then he tells me that he will just file a claim on eBay / Paypal . If you check his feedback you can also see that he has scammed a buyer for an item too. Seems I am not the first person he has scammed." :mad:

Did you have Signature Confirmation on the package? If you didn't, you're quite lucky since you're dealing with an obvious scammer. For items over $250 Ebay/Paypal require Signature Confirmation in order for Seller Protection to work.

I learned this the hard way a few years back when I sent a package valued at $425 out with insurance/delivery confirmation. The buyer claimed he never received it but the tracking showed it delivered to the confirmed Paypal address.

I fought it and fought it but Ebay/Paypal sided with the buyer because I didn't include Signature Confirmation and told me I wouldn't be protected under their Seller Protection as this was a requirement for items $250+.

I'd tell him to **** off and use his feedback he left for you (which tells ebay the auction is over) as proof he's trying to scam ya.
I wish I could be its not as easy as that. Soon as he filed the claim the money that was in my account was frozen.( even if I had taken it out the money it would have shown a negative balance and then I could never use eBay again)
Did you have Signature Confirmation on the package? If you didn't, you're quite lucky since you're dealing with an obvious scammer. For items over $250 Ebay/Paypal require Signature Confirmation in order for Seller Protection to work.

I learned this the hard way a few years back when I sent a package valued at $425 out with insurance/delivery confirmation. The buyer claimed he never received it but the tracking showed it delivered to the confirmed Paypal address.

I fought it and fought it but Ebay/Paypal sided with the buyer because I didn't include Signature Confirmation and told me I wouldn't be protected under their Seller Protection as this was a requirement for items $250+.

Yes, I did have signature confirmation, that's not the issue. The issue is he wanted to pay $300 for a statue I listed at $400. When I knocked down the price to $350 he bought and then claimed that it had problems ( which it didn't) to get the statue for what he wanted to originally pay which was $300. I refunded him $50 and he said we were good. Now (two weeks later after this event) he either has buyers remorse or he wants to pull the old switcheroo with me. So he will just damage the statue and take pictures or he already has a damaged statue that he wants to get rid of that he will take pics of. There's nothing I can do but tell my side of the story . Problem is even though I have 100 % feedback and have been selling for 9 years the buyer will probably win. Paypal/eBay favors the buyer normally. I have heard very rare accounts of a seller winning ( and that's only if the buyer scams 8 people at once) I will keep you updated....:(

Wow someone just messaged me on here telling me that the same thing is happening to him!! I can't say his name cause he asked me not to . I hope he posts because it seems this scammer will just continue until multiple people stand up to him...

If he left you feedback back after you refunded him the money, then the transaction should conclude. Hope u kept all your corresponds with the buyer because I can not think Paypal will side with him. It kind of sucks that you have to go through this hassle though. Good luck bud

Wow someone just messaged me on here telling me that the same thing is happening to him!! I can't say his name cause he asked me not to . I hope he posts because it seems this scammer will just continue until multiple people stand up to him...

If he left feedback, there is a chance you might win this. I had a similar thing happen to me with an overseas buyer claiming it was not as described... wanted the item for less than half. I did offer a full refund upon return but it would have cost him around £100 to ship back and the buyer is obliged to pay for return shipping. He lost his case and even had the cheek to contact me 6 months later trying to buy again from me lol.

This took 10 weeks to resolve which was a real pain. I think your account will come out of negative after a certain period of time but not 100% sure.
I usually clear my pp account in these cases and if you are very active on ebay, direct your payments to a new pp account.

The worrying thing is ebay usually sides with the buyer :(

I have never sold anything on ebay and crap like this is shameful. To me it would be better to sell to known collectors on here or SF at a discount verses trying to maximize profits using ebay. There really is no protection if your the seller.

It is very murky waters which you pay a premium for with very little protection.

And now usually last resort which is a shame!

If he left you feedback back after you refunded him the money, then the transaction should conclude. Hope u kept all your corresponds with the buyer because I can not think Paypal will side with him. It kind of sucks that you have to go through this hassle though. Good luck bud

:exactly:
The transaction was completed once he left feedback. He can't prove he didn't cause the damage after the fact and it's something he should've noticed before he left you feedback. If you haven't already upgraded your account, call Paypal and upgrade your account to a merchant account. It's free and then explain the problem. Though ebay owns Paypal, they're run as two different companies. After you walk a Paypal rep through the issue and show them the feedback, they should release your funds using his feedback to you as evidence of his scam.

:exactly:
The transaction was completed once he left feedback. He can't prove he didn't cause the damage after the fact and it's something he should've noticed before he left you feedback. If you haven't already upgraded your account, call Paypal and upgrade your account to a merchant account. It's free and then explain the problem. Though ebay owns Paypal, they're run as two different companies. After you walk a Paypal rep through the issue and show them the feedback, they should release your funds using his feedback to you as evidence of his scam.

:lecture :lecture

The way I understand it, once the buyer leaves FB the transaction is done and over.

Talk to Paypal as Nam said. You should be a-ok. Sorry that you have to jump through hoops because of this bad buyer.

Best of luck.

Sucks how eBay sides only with the buyers. They can buy a good statue from you then switch out the damage parts and you will have to support them.

I only use eBay for small purchases like Disney pins. If I get scammed I'm out $5-10 tops.

Like others have said stick to selling in communities like this!

I hope I win..... But I don't have too much faith in Paypal/eBay . I have never won a case against a buyer.... No matter how much evidence i have had against them...:(

Sorry to hear about the mess. I have to agree with your assessment. Ebay doesn't give a $#!+ about sellers as they always side with the buyer. I had a buyer complain about a loose figure not coming with a box even though none of the pictures showed a box and i provided a list of what came with the auction. Ebay sided with the seller giving him $30. Since when do I have to be explicit as to what doesn't come with an auction? Ebay treats all sellers as deep-pocket pro sellers who can afford taking a loss. And this new BS requiring sellers being responsible for the condition of the item even if the shipper damages it. I really hate selling on eBay. It's a hostile environment for us small sellers who use it like a garage sale and not for profit.

I had a seller Disneeds sell me a bespin Luke as a preorder that lasted over 45 days, and never sent me the figure. He said he's still waiting for other, and meanwhile he sold a battle damaged Luke. Lots of people scamming on Evilbay,

sent from my R2 unit

Back