Besta or PAX????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Normally I would just figure something like this out for myself... However since I have to make a long special trip to pick these up I find myself very torn and undecided.

The PAX will be the basic frame with the shelves... No doors or glass windows or anything but with lighting down the road.

The Bestas would have no glass doors either.... To start out but perhaps in the future. Also with lighting down the road.

I can fit more statues on a PAX... Like three to a shelf which means 9 total. While the Bestas I can only fit 1 to a shelf (don't like it overcrowded).

However I am worried that the PAX might overtake my room. Since the detentions are in every way bigger then the Besta. Here is a photo of what my room is set up like with some very crude examples of what the Bestas and Paxes might look like.

Oh and I measured to see if I could get two bestas on either side of my TV and I can only fit one.

Any thoughts or advice would be nice and greatly appreciated.

PAX

besta

Last edited:
I would say go with the pax. I rather have extra space with the pax and not need it
(Highly doubtful) than having the besta with no extra space & needing it

PAX is very deep - you won't be able to see anything at the very back, but you might be able to use that space for storage of boxes, etc. Pax is not as robustly built/strong as Besta, it's thinner particle board. But of course you have the ability to adjust the shelves for much taller items if you need to.

I'd probably go with Besta because the front edges are more attractive than Pax - Pax really needs doors unless it's used side-by-side. Or I'd build something myself from scratch to precisely fit the space.

PAXes are perfect for life size bust etc. But they will make the PF's looks like the 1/6 scale. A couple of members from this forum has lots of 1:1 scale bust on his PAX and they looks Great! The PF's would look shrunk on PAX. Just put only 1 PF per Besta shelf will look great as well.

not sure what you guys are talking about, you can see back of the pax just fine and it doenst make 1/4 look like 1/6 lol....

all of below are on pax shelves, to fit the same on besta will require 3x the space and some of the statue will not fit.

newpax2.jpg

frodosam1.jpg

avengercomplete1.jpg

trueformshelf1.jpg

babydoll5.jpg

Given your setup I'd go for the pax. With the besta you'd have a pretty sizable gap between your tv. That's wasted space. If you are able to put your tv shelf flush with the pax, and create a pax/tv/pax setup, it would look pretty good.

Let us know how it turns out!

Thanks for all the help guys... I decided to go with the Bestas.... The Pax were just too deep and big for my room. I can still use the smaller stands to fill up the space between my Tv and Besta.

The pax set ups look fantastic.. But I don't have a room big enough.

I may even have to move to the basement at some point which means much less height.

Back