Best Lookalike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

I can't say for the busts 'cause I don't have any.

AS for the statues :

1) By far Theoden
2) Samwise
3) Saruman

So far I think the best likeness in the bust range is Theoden. But that really only counts for most human likeness, because the Steed bust is also 1 of the best I've ever seen.

In the statues range its harder to claim best likeness. In the beast section, I think the Fell Beast piece is siblime in likeness. In the human range I think Theoden is the best one.

I've only owned a handful of busts, but Bilbo was by far the best one that I owned.

Again only commenting on the statues I have actually owned, Theoden is an excellent sculpt. Part of the reason I am so dissatisfied with the new Aragorn sculpt is that Wuest nailed Theoden and Elrond so well. I was hoping that Aragorn would be up to their quality.

I don't have anywhere near a complete collection in any way, but of the ones I own, the best likeness of busts are GTW, Theoden and Grima. Eomer is very well done as well. But I'd call it a tossup between GTW and Theoden for the best.

Busts: GTW, Theoden, Grima, Treebeard!

Statues: Theoden, GTW, GTG, Saruman, Elrond, Legolas on horseback from what I've seen.

Back