BEST DECKARD FIGURE EVER thanx to kind eBayers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s a quick Rachael, I need to spend some more time on the next one but I was anxious to see how the head would look.

rachael1.jpg

rachael3.jpg

rachael2.jpg

That's fantastic. The sculpt has come a long way in terms of the likeness, and the outfit looks great too. Are you going to be selling finished figures?

The sculpt is the same as the one I posted in the green Castilene, I just fixed up her hair a bit.

The body is a volks skinny male body, it was the only body I had in the shop that would work, so I sculpted some boobies on it. More info later...

Wow! No suggestions from me. They look great in my opinion! I would definitely buy all of them if/when you would sell them. Keep us updated about them. Thanks! :D

I set those aside a couple of years ago in favor of this idea I showed to Sideshow at SDCC-

Front:

2270265741_f6c91c9b04_o.jpg

Inside:

2270260331_9faf1d20a8_o.jpg

They are standard Sideshow box proportions. They were for my Sideshow version of Rachael.

I was told then that there was no chance of these being produced.

https://plastichollywood.yuku.com/forums/14

Last edited:
Here’s a quick Rachael, I need to spend some more time on the next one but I was anxious to see how the head would look.

The best body in this case seems to be a Yamato.

BTW Rachael's profile seems a little long. Nice job otherwise. The outfit is great! Just add the pockets.

Last edited:
Yes, and they do function(as seen in the photo)they are much brighter in person........I just have to finish off the arm(with batteries)and the artery leading to the palm.

Here's my rough schematic.(OOOOPS, I got the + an - mixed up in the drawing from the palm to the gun contact, but you get the idea)

Lights in a 1/6 gun?? Sheesh. It can be done, but a bit demanding for the scale!

Lights in a 1/6 gun?? Sheesh. It can be done, but a bit demanding for the scale!

I know it's a CRAZY idea, but trust me, I would have never proceeded with the experiment if I didn't get the desired effect I wanted. The lights are actually BRIGHTER in person(but hard to photograph).I used "SUPER BRITE LED" that's the actual name on the package........I've had a lot of CRAZIER ideas that turned out to be complete failures, but this one I like.

Technically, you could cast the LED in the gun, but what a pain! Expect a 1:5 - 1:10 failure rate in casting these.

Good luck.

BTW, is the flesh tone of Rachael paint or is the color cast in?

I haven't been reading this thread at all... just read through now for the first time. But that Rachael.... WOW. The head, the clothes, the body.... just everything looks .... like Rachael. Even the slightly stiff pose.

Some excellent work being shown here :rock

My guess is that there are no shoulder pads -- that's pretty much what that body's shoulders look like.

I'm hoping to get going on my Spenser Deckard head this week. Man, this is a shout-it-from-the-rooftops likeness! Anytime you want to cast up that Rachel head, Steven ole buddy ole pal...:naughty

A female body might need slight padding.

It is too bad the upcoming Sideshow Ford likeness (as seen in the above banner) is so bad that it is unusable as Deckard.

Now, a couple of small points about Rachael's dress, (which is incredibly close) aside from the missing pockets:
-The brooch should be a square
and
-The jacket should close right over left.

2278201599_7f5e16157e_o.jpg

20561394_88902cb434_o.jpg

bladerunnerdress.jpg

I have no idea what the blouse looks like. I expect it would also be black (and silk like the striped suit), but it is never seen. I don't envy you the task of the black brocade coat.

Last edited:
I got my Android Hunter a couple of days ago, so I tried putting the new Frontline (H2creative) Deckard head on him. I must say, I really think this is an excellent sculpt -- a big improvement over the previous one.

The Android Hunter itself isn't bad, although even at the $80 I paid I feel it's way overpriced. But of course it's a relatively rare figure, so that can't be helped. The outfit is pretty well done, and the gun is great (although it being made of metal actually may be a disadvantage since it's almost too heavy for the figure to hold properly). The body that they used (apparently a Dragon body) is OK, but not great. The arms have an odd ratcheting effect when you move them up and down and he has more of a barrel chest than I would like. I think I will try putting this head and clothing on a different body when I get the chance. Anyway, unless Shawn from Sovereign Studios manages to blow me away with what he is doing, I think I'll be passing on his Deckard. I'm pretty satisfied with this one, although I do have some tweaking yet to do (tape on his hand, etc.)

frontline_deckard1.jpg

frontline_deckard2.jpg

frontline_deckard3.jpg

frontline_deckard4.jpg

frontline_deckard5.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool icruise! What body were you thinking of using for for your AH? I've been thinking of swapping out the Dragon body on my own Android Hunter, but I'm not sure which. I'm thinking HT True-type, but I can't find one with a correct skin tone at the moment.

Looking great!
I will be getting mine in a couple of weeks! I can't wait to start repainting and customizing away!
My thinking right now is to wait for SST's new body and work with that. I just love the way SST sculpts the hands.

What body were you thinking of using for for your AH? I've been thinking of swapping out the Dragon body on my own Android Hunter, but I'm not sure which. I'm thinking HT True-type, but I can't find one with a correct skin tone at the moment.

I'm not sure. I don't have any extra bodies at the moment, so I'll probably wait and see if Sideshow will offer the Prometheus body for sale on its own.

Back