Best body to make Luke look shorter in Stormy gear ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before Sideshow released their stormtroopers (just a bit before) I bashed together a ANH luke body (same as the above Oz figure) and Marmit kit; worked really well IMO. In retrospect I would have dremmeld a few areas of the buck body down a bit as there were a few tight fits... but in general it worked well and he was still a little short for a stormtrooper.

lukestormb.jpg

lukestorma.jpg

Just separated the feet from the boots with an exacto knife. I also had to mod the hands a bit as well. I took a pair of Sideshow hand and whittled them down to small pieces that would fit in the marmit hands. That way I could retain the peg system from Sideshow.

This really wont help much with converting a Luke storm trooper, But these later Hasbro SA
bodies are good for Lukes, as their about the same height as the Oz body and have the same
amount of articulation. I've used them for replacing Hasbro Luke bodies, their shoulders are
a tad bit narrower than older GI Joe, 21st century and Dragon bodies but wide enough to help
disguise the sometimes :)rolleyes:) over sized heads Hasbro made.

dscf5980.jpg

Ow my word!!! Bill you are a seamstress sir you should at least fashion a loan cloth!!! These pics are shocking! I tell you there is not a naked dolly in my house!! I will have no such goings on heavens knows what all those chaps will get up to....

Ow my word!!! Bill you are a seamstress sir you should at least fashion a loan cloth!!! These pics are shocking! I tell you there is not a naked dolly in my house!! I will have no such goings on heavens knows what all those chaps will get up to....

I'll have you know that what Kit & GI Joe do on their free time is their business. Because I sure don't wanna know, nor do I even look in the drawer full of other nude figures without knocking first.:horror

I crack up everytime you call them "dollies" :rotfl

My wife calls them dollies also, I think she started that years ago just to mess with me and my stepson, now we have just excepted the fact that were playing with dolls.:D

Back