Beauty and the Beast (live action) - starring Emma Watson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldnt even buy the Blu-ray of it, cause I was mad that they brightened/altered the image during Beast's reveal. Hate it when some pencil pusher decides they can make changes to a film, I know it's funny, but it really ruined the scene for me.

hansen_watching_you_zpsa0afafef.gif

KL6hSXT.jpg

I don't mind a live action adaptation of classic stories, but I don't really care for the whole adaptation of our previous adaptation approach this and Jungle Book appear to have taken. Go back to the source and make it a different take on the story!

I have not seen Jungle Book but judging on what I've heard about it and judging this trailer, it appears that's all Disney is doing. *yawn*

well there's always this Beauty and The Beast that was made a few years ago, looks different from what Disney is doing that's for sure

No, that's fanmade from quite some time ago.

There's no official pics of Emma as Belle. I don't even think there's set photos either.

They have done new things - Alice and Maleficent were not adaptations of the animated movies. I say, stick to what you're good at.
Plus, others can reinterpret the soutce material. Peter Pan has been done twice in the last decade or so. Andy Serkis is doing another Jungle Book. Disney gotta Disney. I'm good with that.
Agreed across the board here. Burton's Alice movie was terrible, and Maleficent was just average, while Cinderella was quite good at what it was. Haven't seen Jungle Book yet. And all the base stories for these are apparently public domain, as you get knockoffs and alternate takes out the wazoo.

Disney is entitled to do what they want. And I guess you're right. They did try redoing the Alice in Wonderland story and it turned out to be pretty bad. It is safer financially to remake their classics. They won't get my money by going this route but I'm just a drop in the bucket to them.

Well, if more people had gone to see The Princess and the Frog, they might still make them.

The biggest blow was Miyazaki retiring, he will be missed.

I know I'm making myself canon fodder here, but I was never enamored with Miyazaki. I admired the artstry but didnt connect.

https://comicbook.com/2016/05/25/beauty-and-the-beast-breaks-star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-/

Beauty And The Beast Breaks Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer Views Record

The anticipation for Disney's live-action retelling of Beauty and the Beast is already building, and that was put into overdrive when Disney unleashed the newest teaser trailer onto the internet.

The trailer first debuted on ABC's Good Morning America, with a repeat appearance during The Bachelorette (via THR). Once the trailer was available online, it accounted for a massive spike in traffic, amassing a new record of 91.8 million views in its first 24 hours. The previous record holder was Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens, which pulled in 88 million views in that same 24 hour period. Beauty and the Beast also left Captain America: Civil War (61 million) and Avengers: Age of Ultron (34 million views) in the dust, but interestingly enough, all four films are in the Disney family.

Back