• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Be carefull trading with Laporta89

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The people complaining that monkeybat posted the warning would be the same people whining when they got ripped off that no one warned them. You just can't win on the internet.

Eh? What has the accused actually done apart from not respond to a PM? Hardly the crime of the century now is it?
Nothing like premature witch hunting on the Internet.

I suppose I'd understand the warning if he had tons of negative feedback on ebay and then didn't respond at all after this, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.

I've had many interested buyers tell me they want my item at the price I've listed and then stop communicating all together without the courtesy of sending me a message like, "I don't have the money right now" or "I found it somewhere else". It's annoying, but it's part of selling here. I just let it go and move on.

Joined in 2010 and would never think of ripping someone off....I HATE scam artists. With that said...ive ran into a few situations like this but felt I did not have enough to call them out. Thanks for the heads up.

Eh? What has the accused actually done apart from not respond to a PM? Hardly the crime of the century now is it?

Actually this is a good question. how long has it been since MB's last message to Lp89 ?

lol, its this mentality right here that lets scammers flourish online. The OP merely stated the facts. If you feel comfortable trading and sending your stuff first to the Laporta89 knock yourself out. I'm sure you have absolutely no reason to worry. :dunno

I wish more people would call out traders like this. If a guy spends a ton of time trying to work out a deal then suddenly disappears when asked to send first, that is absolutely suspicious. Was a crime committed, nope. Does this guy have bad trading practices? Absolutely, and I for one am glad to know not to waste my time trying to work out a deal with him.

Please please please just listen and dont burn Laport89 at the steak. It was just a warning to be weary not ban him. It has roughly been a week since my last email and he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. Did think he or a good friend of his would chime in on here but no response. If im wrong guys I will issiue a full apology but dont think ill have too.:(

Last edited:
Please please please just listen and dont burn Laport89 at the steak. It was just a warning to be weary not ban him. It has roughly been a week since my last email and he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. Did think he or a good friend of his would chime in on here but no response. If im wrong guys I will issiue a full apology but dont think ill have too.:(

Mmm....sounds delicious:rotfl

Perhaps he thought you were a scammer when you instructed him to send an item first.

Without anyone taken offense if there were more accountable trade and buy guidelines and enforcement of going thru with your end of the deal a lot less people would scammish. If one has a rep in buy and sell and trade one would think he would want to keep his rep. But since there is no major repercussions to those who take people for a ride they continue to do so.

just dont trust any board members who joined after 2007. thats what i always say..

What a horses a$$, one of the most ignorant things yet I have heard said on here,,, lol,,,get an I.q, ,,,:cuckoo:

What a horses a$$, one of the most ignorant things yet I have heard said on here,,, lol,,,get an I.q, ,,,:cuckoo:

Get a sense of humor buddy. This whole thread is ridunculous... Hence my post.
If you take offense at my post it more than likely a guilty part of your concious is speaking out..
:nana:

I suppose I'd understand the warning if he had tons of negative feedback on ebay and then didn't respond at all after this, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.

I've had many interested buyers tell me they want my item at the price I've listed and then stop communicating all together without the courtesy of sending me a message like, "I don't have the money right now" or "I found it somewhere else". It's annoying, but it's part of selling here. I just let it go and move on.

:exactly: I don't respond to all the low ball offers or if someone makes shady inquiries, I just delete and move on. Doesn't make me a scammer for not responding to people's pms...

Said buyer probably just wanted to trade but realized that he didn't want to send his item first, so decided to look for other options. Or maybe he was out to scam, we don't know.

Buyer beware (or seller beware as well) I guess, that should be the guideline.

Hes been on the boards and posting the last couple days, apparently hes either ignoring this thread or no ones given him the heads up that its here.

Hes been on the boards and posting the last couple days, apparently hes either ignoring this thread or no ones given him the heads up that its here.

Or maybe he just changed his mind and in doing so hasn't check the for sale thread.
My opinion, I think this post was premature and although it wasn't exactly cool what the guy did, he didn't rip off the tc.

How many people here have tried to sell before and got a PM of someone promising to hold the item as they want to buy it and then never hear from them?
I'm sure a lot, but does it warrant posting a negative post about the person since they didn't buy it?
Almost the same thing.
I know when I tried to sell, I got the same crap from people here and some of them are older members.

I agree its not exactly cool to just ignore the message, but he didn't take your money and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back