[bbkill] UPDATE P.68 cast arrived~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: bbkill's Sculpts: Tattoo, Craig, Predator, Gump

Okey doke, fingers crossed. I guess we're all on tenterhooks with this one.

When you get the prints, do you check them against other figures and on bodies!? There seem to have been great sculptors that do heads like this, but, when people get them, they're either, in the case of Adam's, 1/5, or in the case of the Iminime Michael Corleone, 1/7!

That's probably why folk are wary of purely digital sculpts as they've no idea what the size in relation to anything else is going to be.

If you can crack this then your future is ensured. But please, don't feel pressured, take the time you need to get it right.

great custom there!~ but not quite like him from this angle~:rotfl

You guys make me nervous:FREAK:~ So far I'm still waiting for the package~ According to print shop the prints are great. Let's see how they turn out then~:1-1:

In the mean time let's share with you some other stuff~ Saya from Blood the Last Vampire~
I don't like the movie but I like the actress~
saya_1.jpg
wow
me likes
think I should start learning zbrush

You guys make me nervous:FREAK:~ So far I'm still waiting for the package~ According to print shop the prints are great. Let's see how they turn out then~:1-1:

Dont worry or freak, we're all behind you on this one.
We're just excited about the possiblities so that's why
we wait with baited breath. :)

In the mean time let's share with you some other stuff~ Saya from Blood the Last Vampire~
I don't like the movie but I like the actress~
saya_1.jpg

Please make this happen! I would love to have a Saya!:pray:

Thanks guys!!!~ So much to learn but I will try my best to make things happen~ Even if I 'm not doing commission or to sale, I like and want to sculpt for myself. :)

Still waiting for the package as it was posted as standard letter, will take much more time there. :impatient:

Gruff Old Bear: I don't have any trad sculpting exp but just started it as a hobby. I also see the need of a wax cast for final detail, and so I go out and bought wax to give it a try today(I wish it's not candle wax...). Skin detail is not a problem, but the wax shrinks...um...Something to learn again~:cuckoo:
skin.jpg

Rogerbee: I do very care about sizing, but I can only make estimation using other factory sculpts~ lets hope they turn out well~
here's some old print with a EB sculpt in the middle, quite a normal sizing to me~:wink1:
size.jpg

Thanks for posting that bbKill,

That was all the reassurance I needed. You have a good eye and I can't wait to see what emerges.

Confidence restored!

Thanks guys!!!~ So much to learn but I will try my best to make things happen~ Even if I 'm not doing commission or to sale, I like and want to sculpt for myself. :)

bbkill, why not outsource the casting / duplicating. If you're not skilled up enough you can account for manufacturing costs in the sale price.

bbkill, why not outsource the casting / duplicating. If you're not skilled up enough you can account for manufacturing costs in the sale price.

Isn't that what he's done? I thought he'd sent the heads off to be printed and that is what we're all waiting for.

From what I'm understanding it's out to print, will then need a clean up and molding and then resin casting duplicates for sale.

Yes, that's what I think the process is. If they use a different company for each and are posting back and forth this is what is taking the time.

Thanks all folks!~

SO here's my promise for the first hand pics!~ ENJOY.:hi5:

SAM_2974_1.jpg

SAM_2973_1.jpg

SAM_2980_1.jpg

SAM_2978_1.jpg

SAM_2981_1.jpg

The body is RM4.2 and I don't have a female body here, girl head is a little bit smaller than craig~ Will need clean up later and it's just hard to judge the size of a head and it definitely won't suit every body, I see they are suitable for narrow shoulder bodies.

Great update! One question - it's hard to tell from the pics, but is all the detail retained from your original computer model? It looks soft from the pics.

The likenesses are dead on, no faulting the Craig on that. In the long shot, the head looks a little small, but it looks better in the close up, though that could be down to the fish eye effect of the lens.

What is anyone else's take on the size!? Is it easy to adjust?

The likenesses are dead on, no faulting the Craig on that. In the long shot the head looks a little small, but it looks better in the close up, though that could be down to the fish eye effect of the lens.

What is anyone else's take on the size!?

By his own admission, it may seem small to some. Sort of like the HT Ford's head on the TTM 19 body.

To me it does seem a tad small and clearly a bit soft. Quality of the printing machine.

Back