BBC Sherlock Custom Figures Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have forgotten to mentioned that I received the Pop Toys Sherlock figure from ebay last Saturday and won an auction for that Petskywalker painted Daco Sherlock head for $73.88 USD total (it is 40 pounds plus 15 pounds for shipping). The price isn't bad considering that is around the amount an unpainted one from Daco cost if I am not mistaken.

The Daco painted HS was $98 (inc delivery). So, £74 in today's money or £64 at the time - June 2015. Very cheap, IMO, considering we're paying over double that for other sculpts.

So, you paid around $25 less than a painted version from Daco.

Pop toys is making the Victorian Cumberbatch Sherlock. The headsculpt looks better than their previous version:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...-6-ex08-british-detective-sherlock-2-0-a.html

I wonder if someone will go with the "Hot Toys Samuel Jackson Octopus" route and modify the Hot Toys Doctor Strange head into Sherlock and sell it online. For those who do not get the "Hot Toys Samuel Jackson Octopus" reference, Hot Toys made a figure of Samuel L. JAckson as he appeared in the Spirit film. Someone on this forum I think, modified the head into Mace Windu from Star Wars and sold the casts here.

I'm sticking with the Daco sculpt until someone comes up with better.

Last edited:
Pop toys is making the Victorian Cumberbatch Sherlock. The headsculpt looks better than their previous version:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...-6-ex08-british-detective-sherlock-2-0-a.html

I wonder if someone will go with the "Hot Toys Samuel Jackson Octopus" route and modify the Hot Toys Doctor Strange head into Sherlock and sell it online. For those who do not get the "Hot Toys Samuel Jackson Octopus" reference, Hot Toys made a figure of Samuel L. JAckson as he appeared in the Spirit film. Someone on this forum I think, modified the head into Mace Windu from Star Wars and sold the casts here.

It'd be harder with the Strange sculpt because of the beard, but perhaps a very talented re-sculptor could pull it off.

I think the new one from Pop Toys got a pretty good hs. And about the Doctor Strange headsculpt resculpted to Sherlock, it is possible and not that hard to pull. I know how to modify it, and I think other sculptors do too.

I think the new one from Pop Toys got a pretty good hs. And about the Doctor Strange headsculpt resculpted to Sherlock, it is possible and not that hard to pull. I know how to modify it, and I think other sculptors do too.

Thanks for letting me know. I suspect it shouldn't be hard for sculptors to modify it since I have seen it done once before with the Hot Toys Octopus HS. The headsculpt is basically Goatee Samuel Jackson. It was modified, recasted, and sold here sans the goatee to make Mace Windu.

It'd be harder with the Strange sculpt because of the beard, but perhaps a very talented re-sculptor could pull it off.

As said before, it was done with HT Octopus figure, who also has a beard:

The-Octopus-7_1227831595.jpg

I cannot find the thread where there was a group commission for it, but here is a thread where one of the individuals who has the head is selling it off. As you can see, the beard is missing:

IMG_9204_zps271c3926.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-predator-sw-ss-mace-windu-qui-gon-gizmo.html

The paint isn't the best, but I assume it was done by the owner of the recast head.

I got the Daco head painted by Peteskywalker today, and it looks terrific!

The paintjob looks better in person. I think what was throwing the sculpture off for me when I saw pics of the Daco painted version (I thought the likeness looked better with the pete paintjob shown on his auction and this forum) is the color of the blue used for the eyes painted.

The paintjob looks better in person. I think what was throwing the sculpture off for me when I saw pics of the Daco painted version (I thought the likeness looked better with the pete paintjob shown on his auction and this forum) is the color of the blue used for the eyes painted.

Do you have a photo of this paintjob?

The Daco eyes are quite difficult to photograph. Very pale blue and very reflective, and easily washed out by even moderate levels of light.

Custom by Viva Lai:
14292297_1283128725055293_447021624529137076_n.jpg

BCS head, Pop Toys shirt and jacket and iminime coat??
I still think that Daco is the best hs, but this coat is way better than Pop Toys one

That's not an iminime coat. I haven't got it to hand, but isn't it the Poptoys one? I recognise the buttons.

Plus it needs a Cmiller99 Scarf!

That's not an iminime coat. I haven't got it to hand, but isn't it the Poptoys one? I recognise the buttons.

Plus it needs a Cmiller99 Scarf!

Viva Lai answered me that Kcdesing Kcdesign made it!

And idk, this headsculpt remind me Norman Bates

batesmotel.jpg

But, it is the Poptoys coat :dunno

I wonder who repainted the BCS sculpt? I actually prefer it.

Back