BBC Sherlock Custom Figures Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking of finally getting a Sherlock figure out of third party parts as they appear to be better than BCS offerings. That said, I read the previous pages here and it seems like the Pop Toys version of the outfit is better than BCS' outfit. How about the headsculpt? The Pop Toys version and the Daco version both looks off - Pop toys ver looks nothing like the actor and I can't put my finger on why the Daco ver. looks off. Anyway, it might look better in person. I do see that there is a Daco head on ebay. Is that one legit?

I don't own the BCS Sherlock but I do own the Pop Toys one, and from comparison with photos, yes, the Pop Toys suit set better tailored IMO, bar the scarf... but you're set for that, eh? :wink1: :lol

Yeah the Pop Toys head is crap. Well painted, but nothing like Cumberbatch. But do you really think the Daco head looks off?

attachment.php

It's great in hand.

I don't see the eBay listing you're referring to though.

I don't own the BCS Sherlock but I do own the Pop Toys one, and from comparison with photos, yes, the Pop Toys suit set better tailored IMO, bar the scarf... but you're set for that, eh? :wink1: :lol

Yeah the Pop Toys head is crap. Well painted, but nothing like Cumberbatch. But do you really think the Daco head looks off?

attachment.php

It's great in hand.

I don't see the eBay listing you're referring to though.

I will send you a PM with the link

It looks off since the bridge of the nose looks too wide or his eyes seems cat-like; I have images of BC with eyes far apart, so that might not be it. Can't really point my finger on it, though I think it is something with the eyes; it could be how a light blue tone is used for the pupils.

The PM bounced, sorry, my inbox is full. I'll clean it out.

The blue eyes don't always photograph that well, they're very light blue and reflective. It was tricky when I was taking my pics to stop them from being washed out.

Hey Doom Saber, is there any chance that you could please post a picture from the listing here if you don't want to post the link? Sorry to have to ask that of you but I just don't have the time at the moment to sift through my messages... :(

Hey, Doom!Could you give me also link in pms?Just want to see how it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very few sculpts are perfect.

Unless they're a Jnix sculpt :lol We need to convince him to do Sherlock.

Anyway, I'm about to futz and set them up.

A quick shot

IMG_5643.JPG

Simply no comparison, IMO. Like I said before, the Daco sculpt is a tad on the small side, but the BCS looks like a plastic toy next to it.

Last edited:
It's Daco's sculpt painted by Pete the painter, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming he means this one on eBay:

View attachment 287248

Looks legit. Hard to tell.

That's not the one, though that one looks better than the one on ebay. It is this one below - I was wondering with the title of the ebay auction and poor quality of the image, if it was a recast of sorts. The listing seems to have ended as someone have bought it. Maybe they saw this thread, searched for it, and bought it. Oh well:

s-l1600.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Custom-Sherlock-Pop-Toys-Cumberbatch-Head-/222224252165?hash=item33bd98fd05%3Ag%3AX40AAOSwzJ5XcXBx&nma=true&si=P%252FVWXfLo31kltKKqj0vqPzCELoE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Maybe they saw this thread, searched for it, and bought it. Oh well:

I very much doubt it. I didn't spot it with a casual search.

Mind you, I did stop at the first one I found and I'm in the UK :lol

Last edited:
I very much doubt it. I didn't spot it with a casual search.

Mind you, I did stop at the first one I found and I'm in the UK :lol
You are likely right.

I had an auction swiped frome a decade ago at a Transformers forum; I asked if the figure was a good deal and a few seconds later, it was purchased by another forum goer - I know since this was before ebay censored the buyer's username and it was the same username as the guy's forum username. I don't think I posted a link, just the description and the buy it now price.

Feel free to PM one of us in the future. I'm not looking for another daco sculpt and I doubt Cmiller99 would be either :duff

Feel free to PM one of us in the future. I'm not looking for another daco sculpt and I doubt Cmiller99 would be either :duff

Sure thing! Thanks. I am thinking of getting the Pop Toys first and probably get a custom head sculpted or Daco's.

Although the BCS version is sculpted by the amazing Trevor Grove, it does look like it is toy-looking (my guess is because the head has the signature oversized Grove touch to it and it has soft edges) which someone else had already mentioned.

It's a passable sculpt, but more of a representation of Sherlock, IMO. Yeah, Trevor is talented. His Tweeterhead work is very nice. However, a lot has to do with the flat paint on BCS Sherlock. I have a spare BCS head, that I want to get repainted one day to see if it improves it in any way.

Daco was much closer. If you decide to commission, give us a shout here, as some of us may jump on board. What we really need is a good Watson and Moriarty next. I'm not a fan of Daco's Watson - It's nice, just didn't make me want to change the BCS one or spend that kind of money. There was a KO sculpt mentioned in this thread (CGL, I think), but not seen it again.

Back